(#91)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-11-2007, 13:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Perhaps they still have a little more choice than that

If someone from the UK uses one of 4 or perhaps soon up to 8 roaming SIMs with +447 numbers, then call rates from an ordinary BT landline are cheaper than that, 8 to 13 pence a minute depending on tariff. Or possibly 20 pence per call on some business landline contracts (I haven't yet checked if this can apply to these).

And there are cheap calls providers here from 6 pence a minute, 3p weekends, occasional cheaper offers like 1p next week. Or a forwarded landline DID can be set up for 4 or 5 pence a minute. Or just forward the home landline at tariffs already mentioned

And anyone from other countries can do several of those things too. A German would probably get Sunsim or Solomo. And plenty of countries have cheap ways to reach their own and other mobiles.

Apparently someone from South Africa could call a UK mobile direct from a Telkom landline for the equivalent of 20 eurocents a minute. Mobile subscribers in Hong Kong or Thailand can manage to reach UK mobiles for similar rates.

12 cheap call providers in the UK advertise rates of 8 to 13 pence a minute for Iceland mobiles, though I haven't tried any out.

If rates are heading higher for Iceland mobiles, or they will be unobtainable from most of these providers, as you and your colleague keep emphasising, despite posts in this thread that call rates under 20 cents still seem to be available and work, then perhaps people will remember what happened with Liechtenstein mobile rates and remain a little cagey
Andy, that is of course a very UK centric point of view. The Jersey and IOM etc. numbers with free incoming are probably great, (although they also carry a higher rate than other UK mobiles). I have also seen elsewhere that there have been reachability issues to those numbers from various voip carriers as well.

Jersey and Isle of Man mobile numbers fall under the "United Kingdom Cellular Other" category. A quick check on a popular voip carrier reveals that UK mobile usually costs from $0.17 - $0.22, while "UK Cellular Other" costs $0.35. So here you have the same scenario.

Regarding South Africa to the UK, 20 eurocents is around $0.29 which is what Yackie is charging already for incoming DID calls.

Normal Iceland Mobile rates are lower than Iceland Mobile +354380 rates, similar to the situation in the UK, so access is of course usually fine through cheap voip carriers on normal Iceland mobile even if +354380 is not accessible.

I think that people will also remember the Manx based operators who are no longer providing service, one can only speculate as to the reason for that.

Old
  (#92)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-11-2007, 13:29

I think that people will also remember the Manx based operators who are no longer providing service, one can only speculate as to the reason for that.

Yackie you had the same issue using your previous supplier and took te system down, leaving customers in the dark

United Mobile wanted their users to swtich from lichtenstein to jersay because incoming rates were getting to high on lichtenstein.

That said the idea of having a did numer forward to the sim is not that bad and I said it before the $ 0.29 that yackie charges for incoming is reasonable. It can be done cheaper but not by a plug and play user.

Old
  (#93)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 02-11-2007, 13:59

Through my experience with 09 Mobile when it first started and also Yackie Mobile now a days, calling +354380xxxxxx can be not successful sometimes.

I've noticed Tier 1 providers who connect directly to +354380xxxxxx using no cheap routes, call compression, cheaper switching of calls, voip/sip, etc.. connect each time with no problem.

But when i use cheaper providers that uses these cheaper ways of transmitting calls do have problems, especially at peak times. These sort of companies can use in-direct dialling (ie 18185.co.uk call1899.co.uk call18866.co.uk). Sip/Voip can have problems depending who you use. You can usually tell a carrier that uses call compression as things like DTMF won't work.

I don't praise or blame 09 Mobile/Yackie Mobile for only connecting calls to them from top quality Tier 1 providers. A suggestion for the future may be that they connect from more carriers and take some that are of lesser quality. (I come across similair problems when i choose a company for web hosting my websites... Do i choose a cheaper provider that connects to one or two ISPs, or pay a bit extra for a provider that connects to many ISPs of varying quality)

Old
  (#94)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 02-11-2007, 14:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by yackietech View Post
Andy, that is of course a very UK centric point of view. The Jersey and IOM etc. numbers with free incoming are probably great, (although they also carry a higher rate than other UK mobiles). I have also seen elsewhere that there have been reachability issues to those numbers from various voip carriers as well.

Jersey and Isle of Man mobile numbers fall under the "United Kingdom Cellular Other" category. A quick check on a popular voip carrier reveals that UK mobile usually costs from $0.17 - $0.22, while "UK Cellular Other" costs $0.35. So here you have the same scenario.
As I already said, some providers have not defined certain numbers as valid. This certainly applies to +4476 and even still now to +4475 which is already more common on the main UK networks.

And quick checks on popular voip carriers reveal that they can't necessarily differentiate between all UK prefixes, especially recent ones, and may just as easily charge 32 cents to call T-mobile or O2 as Truphone Vectone or Xfone.

In other words, that is their own opportunistic choice of tariff, not necessarily based on direct feedback about what they are actually charged wholesale. This seems particularly true of US providers, as you probably noticed, and others have commented here in the past.

But although my post appears UK-centred, it was mainly for ease of looking up tariffs. Someone in Germany will have just as much chance of cheap ways to call German and UK mobiles and most other countries, and likewise throughout more and more of the world all the time

Old
  (#95)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-11-2007, 21:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
As I already said, some providers have not defined certain numbers as valid. This certainly applies to +4476 and even still now to +4475 which is already more common on the main UK networks.

And quick checks on popular voip carriers reveal that they can't necessarily differentiate between all UK prefixes, especially recent ones, and may just as easily charge 32 cents to call T-mobile or O2 as Truphone Vectone or Xfone.

In other words, that is their own opportunistic choice of tariff, not necessarily based on direct feedback about what they are actually charged wholesale. This seems particularly true of US providers, as you probably noticed, and others have commented here in the past.

But although my post appears UK-centred, it was mainly for ease of looking up tariffs. Someone in Germany will have just as much chance of cheap ways to call German and UK mobiles and most other countries, and likewise throughout more and more of the world all the time
I can't speak for the multitude of voip carriers out there, yes it does take time for new series to propagate through the telecom world. However, we work on access issues first hand daily, and our experience is that this is not the issue here, rather that cheap carriers are unwilling to breakout our series (understandably)

As others have confirmed, normal local mobile/fixed line access to the series is usually good, it's mainly the voip carriers that might have issues. My only advice is to use voip carriers that do terminate to +354380, the business centric ones tend to do so more than the cheap ones. I know that some prominent, good quality UK based ones do so as well. I also know of 0845 numbers with prepaid account in the UK that work fine to +354380, but I would rather not advertise them here.

Alternatively you could use your DID.

Old
  (#96)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-11-2007, 01:26

Has Yackie integrated the voicemail between its voip and GSM solutions?

Old
  (#97)
christophe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 05-11-2007, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by yackietech View Post
I can't speak for the multitude of voip carriers out there, yes it does take time for new series to propagate through the telecom world. However, we work on access issues first hand daily, and our experience is that this is not the issue here, rather that cheap carriers are unwilling to breakout our series (understandably)

As others have confirmed, normal local mobile/fixed line access to the series is usually good, it's mainly the voip carriers that might have issues. My only advice is to use voip carriers that do terminate to +354380, the business centric ones tend to do so more than the cheap ones. I know that some prominent, good quality UK based ones do so as well. I also know of 0845 numbers with prepaid account in the UK that work fine to +354380, but I would rather not advertise them here.

Alternatively you could use your DID.
Hello I a new member from France and i use one prepaid card from celtrek since several months
I wd have an advice for a second prepaid card ... i wd like to have a second choice........yackie seems OK but some points are not very cleat in fact.. especially the DID number they provide and the Real price charged to call it ... thank you
christophe

Old
  (#98)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 05-11-2007, 19:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophe View Post
Hello I a new member from France and i use one prepaid card from celtrek since several months
I wd have an advice for a second prepaid card ... i wd like to have a second choice........yackie seems OK but some points are not very cleat in fact.. especially the DID number they provide and the Real price charged to call it ... thank you
christophe
calls to the DID are charged at normal landline rates for each country. DID are normal landline numbers

Old
  (#99)
christophe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 05-11-2007, 19:37

ok thank you but they can not provide loca

Old
  (#100)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-11-2007, 19:39

what do you mean local ?

off course our DID are a local French number, who offer you to receive a local call ( so free ) to your DID number, and you will pay 0,29 $ worldwide ( most of the countries ) for your incoming

Eventually can you clarify your question

We make your Money Mobile

Sent from my Iphone with my Paytoo Mobile Sim Wallet