Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#28)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 26-12-2006, 20:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post
:By the way, it seems I'll arrive on 29th at Warszawa Centralna railway station and will have some free time there.

Don't, the station is horrible and will hopefully be demolished in the next few years (although it has some fun shops in the basement).
In fact, there are worse one but, at least in theory, it's the "country's main station" and should be better.

Quote:
If you really have time on your hands, go to the old town (15 minutes walk)
Old Town is more than 15 minutes walk, especially with luggage.
Quote:
or go up the PKiN and enjoy the view.
PKiN is Warsaw's tallest skyscraper built 1952-1955 as a "gift of the USSR for Poland". It's similar to its "brothers" in Moscow (like Lomonosov University) - I don't think it's a big attraction for a Russian . And the ticket costs 20 PLN (over 5 euro, http://www.pkin.pl/taras_widokowy/) - I think it's not worth the price unless the weather is perfect. Moreover, the day is short now...

Quote:
:As I can see, there's a Plus Salon Firmowy at Al. Jerozolimskie 65/79, which is in fact right opposite of the railway station. However, I see the huge Mariott/LOT skyscraper is located at this address too.

It's in the shopping center underneath the tower. Go through the underpass from the station to get there. Should be easy.
Yes, a few minute walk. And they surely accept Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard and Maestro cards (just in case if you didn't have Polish cash yet).