PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
stan (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 09-10-2006, 20:26

Last week I received a United Mobile SIM. Since then, I've been trying to use it on an unlocked Motorola v190. I've verified that a Mobal SIM works on this phone for both incoming and outgoing calls. With the United Mobile SIM, my phone receives calls but it can't make them. When I try, I get a "network busy" message, the call ends, and I don't get a callback. I tried to fix this by calling from both the home screen and the phonebook and by manually changing networks. I also tried calling United Mobile using their easy code for finding how many minutes of calling time I had left. Nothing worked.

At this point I emailed United Mobile Support. I've received a case number, but that's about it. Eventually I called United Mobile from my home phone, and was told to be patient - I'd receive support from whoever handles the email. I've now been waiting for support for four business days and six calendar days.

I'm new to international SIM's, and I don't know what to expect. Is United Mobile unusually slow, or is it par for the course? Are there any vendors with good service? I hope some of you experts can help.

By the way, I'm a new and much less knowledgeable stan.