PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#61)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 01-06-2009, 18:11

FBlack_111:

Network level intercept messages are free as they're streamed through the signalling path (just like ringing). Once the MVNO replaces the default intercept and routes the call to an application such as the missed call SMS, the call becomes chargeable and the caller get billed.

My point is that the new dual IMSI package could have been setup just like the single IMSI packages and routed to network default intercepts.

In my case I route all my incoming calls via an IP PBX and never give out the actual DIDs associate with a SIM. Having to pay for each and every call I miss can add up pretty quick. On top of all this I also can't take advantage of the calling number detection in the SMS intercept as the current PBX firmware doesn't properly handle RPID (remote party ID) for my outbound trunk(s).

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#62)
JDekit (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 02-06-2009, 08:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
I confirm everything works well... Now if I could only figure out how I managed to configure my profile to do what it did. I guess we'll never know.

John, thanks a lot for all the help. Brilliant service.

Last but not least, could you comment on the 'send SMS' intercept a caller hears when a customer is unavailable and the voicemail is deactivated? Your original cards used the original operator's intercept and the caller was not billed for the call. The new ones connect as soon as the 'send SMS' intercept is heard.

Hi VladS,

From what I understand there should have been no change in the behaviour from single number service to the dual number service. We could look at stopping the SMS intercept. I'll have to speak to our tech guys about whether this is possible and what's involved. Let me know if you think making this change would be of value.

John

Old
  (#63)
OdinTheConfused (Offline)

Default Receiving SMS on US number - 02-06-2009, 11:48

Is it possible to receive SMS messages on the US phone number?

If so, most US cellular providers use an e-mail address for this, is there such an e-mail for this service?

For example my US bank would offer text alerts send to my US cell phone if I have an e-mail address for it.

Thanks for your help.

Old
  (#64)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 02-06-2009, 14:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDekit View Post
Hi VladS,

From what I understand there should have been no change in the behaviour from single number service to the dual number service. We could look at stopping the SMS intercept. I'll have to speak to our tech guys about whether this is possible and what's involved. Let me know if you think making this change would be of value.

John
John,

I would say to do what's best for eKit. Apparently most customers would rather have the SMS intercept than a generic one. This being said, I'm all for flexibility. I say that giving your customers three options: voicemail, SMS intercept and generic intercept, with the first two being chargeable to the caller would satisfy everyone.

Vlad

VladS
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow

Old
  (#65)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-06-2009, 14:29

VladS:

So maybe they can make it a feature that can be turned on or off. Like being able to turn off voice mail. As I said earlier, I prefer to keep the text message option on so I know who tried to reach me.

Old
  (#66)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 02-06-2009, 14:58

FBlack_111:

Again, I'm all for flexibility.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing the voicemail and the SMS intercept combined into one. Many Orange carriers have a service called NonStop that sends you an SMS every time a call gets diverted to your voicemail but no message is left. Fido in Canada also has it under the WhoCalled name.

VladS

Old
  (#67)
hkr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 02-06-2009, 15:19

In Hungary, both T-Mobile and Vodafone send you SMS on missed calls. There are no words to describe how much I hated this service until I managed to get it switch off

Postpaid:
3x Vodafone (HU) 1x T-Mobile) formerly also Pannon
Prepaid:
Vodafone, Pannon, T-Mobile (HU) Optimus (PT) SamiSwoi, ERA, Orange (PL) VIP (HR) T-Mobile (AT) Vodafone, O2, Orange, T-Mobile (UK) Vodafone (DE) Data-only prepaid: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Djuice/Pannon (HU)
International SIMs: UM+, Sim4Travel, TravelSim
Phones: Nokia E51, E71, Samsung D880, SE P990i, Ericsson T39m -forever! , many others in the drawer. 3G modems Huawei E220, E870, EU870D, U740, Alcatel X200
VoIP: Justvoip, CallWithUs, Neophonex, fonline, Macrogate and several others for outgoing... DIDs from Macrogate, DIDww, Gradwell, Voxbone and others. FreePBX, Vigor router with inbuilt ATA, Nokia E-series phones.

Old
  (#68)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 02-06-2009, 15:58

Yes, in germany too. And the worst is that the caller has to pay to listen to the announcement that the receiver is not there and will be notified by SMS. Totally useless as all the voicemail crap

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#69)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 02-06-2009, 16:49

I'm glad I'm not the only one having a problem with caller-paid SMS intercepts...

VladS

Old
  (#70)
JDekit (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 03-06-2009, 02:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinTheConfused View Post
Is it possible to receive SMS messages on the US phone number?

If so, most US cellular providers use an e-mail address for this, is there such an e-mail for this service?

For example my US bank would offer text alerts send to my US cell phone if I have an e-mail address for it.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, you can receive both calls and SMS messages on either the UK or US phone number. Think of it as both numbers are active simultaneously to receive calls and SMSes at any time.

We don't currently have an email address for inbound SMS. This is something we may look at in future if there is demand for it.

We appreciate the feedback and really welcome new product and functionality ideas.

Tags
ekit