Old
  (#71)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 01-12-2005, 00:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus Wegener
I think it works like this: when subscribing to GT-SIM, you give your address, which is your home-country. In this country, incoming calls are free.
I think that too!

Quote:
Question is, which countries can be chosen?
I suppose every country where they can post and where you can use the sim, Philippines too.

Quote:
For example, my girl-friend is in the Philippines. If she also subscribes to GT-SIM, I will call an English number, and she answers the call, and wont be charged?
Yes, she wont be charged. But this trick is already usual thanks to Riiing... for calling a my friend in China it's better (and cheaper!) to call him on FL number than on a chinese one! For FL I can pay only 9.5 ?/ct for minute

Quote:
I never tried to call myself, but regarding the question, what happens if you call a GT-SIM number: you are charged from the moment you call, even when the person does not answer.
Yes, you are charged from the moment you call :ranting2: , event the other person doesn't answer...

Quote:
Or it has real technical reason
Sure a technical reason, but imho not so "real"...

Quote:
I don't know yet, which switches are used for other customers, outside UK and Germany. Do you see number of an incoming caller? (As here are subscriber from Poland, Italy and other countries).
Yes, I can see the number... also I have aciteved my GT-sim for outgoing ID but it's not working yet

Quote:
By the way: has somebody tested voicemailbox?
Not yet

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#72)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-12-2005, 17:14

Just a short question:

Since GT-Sim has GPRS roaming, has anyone tried to set up MMS service like explained on manxpronto? Wondering if that will work!

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Old
  (#73)
0700700 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-12-2005, 00:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreA
I think that too!

I suppose every country where they can post and where you can use the sim, Philippines too.

Yes, she wont be charged. But this trick is already usual thanks to Riiing... for calling a my friend in China it's better (and cheaper!) to call him on FL number than on a chinese one! For FL I can pay only 9.5 ?/ct for minute

Yes, you are charged from the moment you call :ranting2: , event the other person doesn't answer...

Sure a technical reason, but imho not so "real"...

Yes, I can see the number... also I have aciteved my GT-sim for outgoing ID but it's not working yet

Not yet
:ranting2: depends on the country where you are calling from andrea!!!
for me it costs 17pence a minute to call RIING and only 0.9pence to call a chinese number, so this doesnt add up for me !

Old
  (#74)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 02-12-2005, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller
Just a short question:

Since GT-Sim has GPRS roaming, has anyone tried to set up MMS service like explained on manxpronto? Wondering if that will work!
I never tried because italian networks don't have international MMS.. so I can't test it

My Phones:
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#75)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 02-12-2005, 10:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0700700
depends on the country where you are calling from andrea!!!
Yes, you're right

Also it's very expensive your tariff for FL mobile numbers!

My Phones:

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#76)
0700700 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-12-2005, 02:58

Quote:
Yes, you're right

Also it's very expensive your tariff for FL mobile numbers!
technically its the cheapest possible tarriff from any mobile operator in the uk AFAIK ! (02) , if you now cheaper please let me know :bye2:

Old
  (#77)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 04-12-2005, 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0700700
technically its the cheapest possible tarriff from any mobile operator in the uk AFAIK ! (02) , if you now cheaper please let me know :bye2:
Then how is China 0.9p? - with inclusive minutes and calling card? - then why not compare like with like?

In fact both Liechtenstein and China mobiles can be reached from inclusive minutes on O2

Old
  (#78)
0700700 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 04-12-2005, 02:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
Then how is China 0.9p? - with inclusive minutes and calling card? - then why not compare like with like?

In fact both Liechtenstein and China mobiles can be reached from inclusive minutes on O2
calling cards are very reliable for calling china, thats not a problem.

The big problem is trying to find a calling card that can dial +423....

So far i have had no luck whatsoever, with the cards i tried there was
a really big lag in getting the signals through

Old
  (#79)
pschi (Offline)

Default 07-12-2005, 09:03

Quote:
I never tried because italian networks don't have international MMS.. so I can't test it
Tried to send MMS from and to my GT-SIM.

When sending, the phone tells me ok, on the other phone (my LUXGSM-number) the download begins, but then en error message "unknown format" is displayed.

Just the same for the other way around.

On the Manxpronto pages:
"Currently picture messaging is only available to and from mobiles on the Pronto Connect network"

So, seems to be for Manxpronto customers for the moment, perhaps some day it will work.

Old
  (#80)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 12-12-2005, 23:10

I used GT-sim in Lausanne and Geneva last week. No problem with sms and incoming calls (honestly I received only one call and i didn't pay for it! )

08-12-2005 20:23 roaming in SWITZERLAND |<- incoming call 417869***** 0:00 0.38 0.00

Also I had lot of troubles for outgoing calls... I tried with Orange CH, Sunrise and Swisscom but I had the same problems. 1,2,3,10 times before to be connected! I hope that this was only a swiss problem.

My Phones:

ITALIAN TLC BLOG