Old
  (#281)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-09-2007, 12:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by plunderisley View Post
Whats the update with UM+ in Poland?
What do you mean by "the update" - does it work in Poland? If so, browse this thread and check my previous posts .

BTW, I've bought my first smartphone Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox T830 (Windows Mobile 5.0 on board) and checked UM+. It's almost a complete disaster . It works the "explicit" USSD *137* code only - no "direct dial" and the SIM menu application and can't be closed .

Old
  (#282)
plunderisley (Offline)
Official Member

Default 06-09-2007, 13:41

I did check
but you have some problems before on and off with Era. Just wondering if you still have any problems

Old
  (#283)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 09-09-2007, 07:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by plunderisley View Post
I did check
but you have some problems before on and off with Era. Just wondering if you still have any problems
Yes, outgoing calls work with *137* USSD code only (though the balance can be checked b dialling 089 directly). But, as I understand, you need a SIM mainly to receive calls from a forwarded US number - in such case no problem with Era either.

Old
  (#284)
plunderisley (Offline)
Official Member

Default 10-09-2007, 13:49

any good call back system thats cheap and works? Call back world is 40cents/min to USA

Old
  (#285)
herkdrvr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Activating The New SIM - 11-09-2007, 11:20

Anyone have any idea how to activate the UM+ card? I got mine some time ago when it was a free upgrade, and it's "registered" (because it won't allow me to register the number, saying it's already registered). However there is no link anywhere on their site that I've found to activate the card using the PUK as stated in their letter. Therefore, I can't transfer over any of my credit on the old card. Of course, I've sent them an email but don't expect to get anything back anytime soon, based on what I've read here. Oy

Thanks in advance... Cheers

Old
  (#286)
herkdrvr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 11-09-2007, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkdrvr View Post
Anyone have any idea how to activate the UM+ card? I got mine some time ago when it was a free upgrade, and it's "registered" (because it won't allow me to register the number, saying it's already registered). However there is no link anywhere on their site that I've found to activate the card using the PUK as stated in their letter. Therefore, I can't transfer over any of my credit on the old card. Of course, I've sent them an email but don't expect to get anything back anytime soon, based on what I've read here. Oy

Well never mind... I went through and clicked on every single link on every page under "My Account" and finally found the link to activate. They really don't make this easy, do they?

** UM and UM+ Card (Dead)**
** TravelSim (so far, primary) **
** TIM (new, just trying it out) **
** Verizon (when I'm not traveling) **

Sony Ericsson k3001 for my sim cards, LG enV3

Old
  (#287)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 11-09-2007, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkdrvr View Post

I had the same problem and they didn't answer my e-mail regarding that matter either .
What I did (in the beginning of August, thing may have changed by now) is the following.
1) I logged in with my old +423 number and password (but the new +44 number with old passowrd should be OK as well)
2) I clicked "MY ORDERS" on left
3) I clicked the link described "SIM cards + Balance" on the order list
4) The activation form displayed and I activated the SIM.

Old
  (#288)
plunderisley (Offline)
Official Member

Default 18-09-2007, 19:56

I checked
Vonage forward is 34 USA cents/min
Voicestick is 31 USA cents/min
Skype is 25.3 USA cents/min (29.2 incl VAT)

Is there a way with justvoip to get a USA number that I can call that forwards to the UM+?

Also, I had problems receiving on all 3 (Orange, Era, and Plus) sometimes it rings just fine, other times it says number does not exist (in polish, so its the network).

Last edited by plunderisley; 18-09-2007 at 20:02..

Old
  (#289)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 03-10-2007, 20:20

I wonder if United Mobile choose Jersey Telecom because they knew Isle Of Man SIMs were about to run into trouble

Or maybe they just wanted to miss the middle man ie. CallKey

Old
  (#290)
nyc7575 (Offline)

Default 16-10-2007, 22:08

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and I'm hoping to hear if anyone received a SIM from UM recently.

I'm in New York city and I ordered a UM+ SIM on 13 September.
After waiting for 16 days, I still didn't recieve it so I e-mailed UM customer service. They replied to me on 3 October and said "Thank you for your inquiry. The average shipping time is 10 working days, not counting a possible delay at customs.
So we are still in good hopes that the shipment should soon arrive. "

I waited but still haven't received.

In my invoice posted in my account on the web, I noticed my Zip code (postal code) was placed before the name of city and state so I thought it might be the
reason for the postal service doesn't deliver it to me. (The postal service should figure it out, but we never know...)
The invoice shows the date I ordered, but the customer service didn't answer
my question asking when the SIM was shipped to me.

I e-mailed UM+ customer service again on 10 October and explained the situation, pointed out the address issue, and asked for a replacement as I'm leaving for Europe within two weeks and I desparetely need a SIM.

Sadly no reply as of today. Still no package from them in today's mail.

I paid US$45.90 and they don't even reply to my e-mail.

Did anyone receive the SIM lately?

Usually letter/package from Europe arrives within a week and I haven't experienced lost package. Geez, did my order get lost?

How come they don't reply my e-mail?

Thank you for listening.