View Single Post
Old
  (#219)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-08-2007, 22:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer View Post
Finally got thru to CS. The guy said the were having (have had?) problems with the web activations where it didn't always go thru properly and it leaves the SIM somehow blocked. So he cleared the block and called me back to test (which cost me a couple bucks ) and now it works.

I asked him about the voice mail problem and he said they knew about it and it won't be fixed for "a month or two". Ouch!

I didn't know they had that sort of accent on the Isle of Jersey
Had a similar problem when I tried a test voice call yesterday. Callback didn't occur and got a "Your SIM card has not been activated yet. You will be connected to our Customer Services. Please wait." text message and no connection to customer service. Wierd thing is I could send text messages fine and recieve account value updates OK but no phone calls.

Tried an email on Friday but no response by Saturday, so called customer service and they unblocked my sim card. Tried a test call while they waited, and it works OK now.

Probably a good idea for anybody ordering a UM+ card (or upgrading to one) to try a test text message and an outgoing call to make sure their account is set up correctly before traveling. Good thing I checked this before I went on a trip to the UK in early September....

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype