PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Devilish (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Travel to Italy - Help Please - 10-05-2013, 16:38

Hello Everyone,

I am leaving US to Italy tomorrow and looking to use my first generation iPad in Italy (Rome, Venice, Lake Como, Milan, Florence). I will need to use my iPad as navigation(GPS), check emails and surf internet to look up things while I am traveling in Italy. I maybe using my iPad to connect my mac book to internet as well.

I will be in Italy for 3 weeks.

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to purchase data plan for iPad and what is the cost for three weeks while I am traveling in Italy. I will be flying into Rome (FCO Airport).

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Devilish; 10-05-2013 at 16:49..

Old
  (#2)
Punk808 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 11-05-2013, 22:02

Hey, i suggest u to go on Wind, they have a data plan for only 12 euros at month u got like 10 GB of free web, after u reach 10 GB of web the connection speed goes slow, but u can still surf the web for free, anyway the option is called Mega Unlimited. The coverage with Wind is very good, u got 3G everywhere u go, anyway if u can try to visit the web site Wind - Telefonia mobile, offerte internet mobile, tariffe smartphone and go the section Internet n look for Mega Unlimited, the cost of the option is 12 euros. Wish that can help u, have u a great trip here in italy, cheers.

Old
  (#3)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 14-05-2013, 12:29

Mega Unlimited costs 20€/month, not 12. You pay 12 only if you also buy the internet key.
You can get it for 15€/month but you have to pay a high activation fee. Good for Italians, not for visitors.

P.S. Punk808 can you please write in "normal" English (you, and, etc...)? It's a pain to read your messages. Thanks in advance.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#4)
Punk808 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 14-05-2013, 19:09

ah okay alright, effendi

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Thumbs up 16-05-2013, 15:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk808 View Post
ah okay alright, effendi

(I'm gettin gold! )

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim