PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#61)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-12-2012, 17:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
That's an approach, however I'm looking for something a bit more reliable and with proper CID delivery (Betamax retail and wholesale clones are the worst when it comes to CID delivery, even on premium routes). Xxsim already have a Skype route, why not add a SIP one too?!

I do have a couple of Skype for Asterisk channels on my Asterisk box, but call supervision is iffy.
they won't add a sip one because it isn't profitable.. xxsim is a reseller of travelsim ( http://new.travelsim.com ) , travelsim has NOT invested to voip and they won't do it in the future either.. because actually their main goal is to have revenues only from high termination rates. currently 0.15eur. per minute.....

for voip intergration you better use piranhamobile or camelmobile, used them both and worked just perfect. camelmobile's voip has perfect call quality (almost as a pstn line) but piranha's quality is also quite good.

*have a look also here: http://www.piranha-mobile.com/roaming.pdf to fully understand how estonian based simcards like xxsim make profit from their customers.

Last edited by fsotirop; 03-12-2012 at 17:37..

Old
  (#62)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-12-2012, 17:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
sorry to say that, but you should never use any foreign SIM card without checking the rates with your provider upfront. Thats why i set up a different calling route for the XXSim in our phone switchboard which gets the cost down from 39ct/min (from our regular provider) to about 18ct/min on a different VoIP carrier...
you're right, most xxsim customers realize the trick with estonian based simcards after they return home..and check their telephone bill!

in our company's tel.switchbord we now redirect calls to our employees abroad with 0.12 eurocents/min to camelmobile numbers (+3712), a new voip provider offers now this excellent rate, actually reduced the rate to these numbers, previously was at 0.18eurocents

Last edited by fsotirop; 03-12-2012 at 17:47..

Old
  (#63)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 03-12-2012, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsotirop View Post
they won't add a sip one because it isn't profitable.. xxsim is a reseller of travelsim ( TravelSim | Travel. Talk. Save. ) , travelsim has NOT invested to voip and they won't do it in the future either.. because actually their main goal is to have revenues only from high termination rates. currently 0.15eur. per minute.....
I don't look at Travelsim products as being targeted strictly to the euro traveler. There are plenty of high cost destinations such as Chile and Argentina currently 'free' on both xxsim, Travelsim and their clones. Even with a EUR0.15 VoIP termination fee, you're still a whole lot cheaper than other providers.

My goal is not to minimize cost but to reduce cost while maintaining reliability.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#64)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-12-2012, 18:02

Quote:
I don't look at Travelsim products as being targeted strictly to the euro traveler. There are plenty of high cost destinations such as Chile and Argentina currently 'free' on both xxsim, Travelsim and their clones. Even with a EUR0.15 VoIP termination fee, you're still a whole lot cheaper than other providers.

My goal is not to minimize cost but to reduce cost while maintaining reliability.
you can then have a look to camelmobile..they offer free calls to 125 countries ( http://www.camelmobile.com/assets/fi...v/rategprs.pdf ), they offer sip and now there is a voip provider offering 0.12eurocents to their +3712 numbers.
*their sip call quality is just excellent. they use Vodafone's roaming agreements ( http://bugs.sertexsoft.com/wiki/doku...aming_partners) and infrastructure.
now there is even the possibility to make direct calls when roaming on vodafone networks! no more callback..

the only real disadvantage is that they don't offer incoming free calls to Canada.
forgot to mention that as of 15-October-2012 sms sent via USSD (sim menu toolkit) are now charged for just 0,08eur./sms from all countries sent to everywhere in the world! huge savings with this.
because i see you reside in Canada, camelmobile also offres the option to choose between 2 billing currencies... either euro or usd.

i can confirm about their reliability, we have 50+simcards to our business for our truckers+sales personnel abroad.

Last edited by fsotirop; 03-12-2012 at 18:30..

Old
  (#65)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 03-12-2012, 18:20

Quote:
you can then have a look to camelmobile..they offer free calls to 125 countries ( http://www.camelmobile.com/assets/fi...v/rategprs.pdf ), they offer sip and now there is a voip provider offering 0.12eurocents to their +3712 numbers.
*their sip call quality is just excellent. they use Vodafone's roaming agreements and infrastructure.

only real disadvantage is that they don't offer incoming free calls to Canada.
I did check CamelMobile out out, in face I just got off the phone with their customer service. While they have a SIP client, you can't directly route calls to their switch over IP so a user is stuck with PSTN interconnects.

VladS
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow

Old
  (#66)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-12-2012, 18:23

Quote:
I did check CamelMobile out out, in face I just got off the phone with their customer service. While they have a SIP client, you can't directly route calls to their switch over IP so a user is stuck with PSTN interconnects.
i think you better recheck directly with their support team (support@camelmobile.com) , i'm sure in our office we have sip not pstn integration with their numbers...

Old
  (#67)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Exclamation 04-12-2012, 07:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustar View Post
Sorry, your conduct indicates that you have a psychological problem and does not understand that when you write in such behavior?

Do you read yourself and what you wrote it?
Please moderate your language. No offensive speech is allowed on this forum.
Thanks.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#68)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 04-12-2012, 12:36

and what is the provider offering camel numbers at 0.12?

Old
  (#69)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 04-12-2012, 12:53

Quote:
i think you better recheck directly with their support team (support@camelmobile.com) , i'm sure in our office we have sip not pstn integration with their numbers...
Camel's Tehnical Support Manager confirmed they do not support a PSTN bypass over SIP 'receiver pays' model.

VladS

Old
  (#70)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 04-12-2012, 13:23

Quote:
Camel's Tehnical Support Manager confirmed they do not support a PSTN bypass over SIP 'receiver pays' model.
very strange, i have just email them too because i just confirmed with our IT manager that our connection with them is over sip. i will let you know

Tags
travelsim, xxsim