PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
james (Offline)

Default Navoto GSM Adapter for Skype - 20-04-2010, 14:37

I would like to ask if this forum is marketing forum or is open for discussion.

I have written a tip for all travelers about hardware device (I will not write it name again) that forward your incoming calls and SMS’s to your +44 SIM and my thread was deleted?

Can you please explain?

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-04-2010, 15:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I have written a tip for all travelers about hardware device (I will not write it name again) that forward your incoming calls and SMS’s to your +44 SIM and my thread was deleted?
I am sure a moderator will be able to get back to you but Spam is generally considered unacceptable. However, having said that the SMS bit of your device seems interesting.

Old
  (#3)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-04-2010, 17:48

James:

The new Dual number SIM's like EKIT's essentially do that. A call or SMS to the U.S. number ring on the SIM in the UK or Europe. Incoming calls via the U.S number cost 19 cents a minute. Text messages cost 10 cents to receive them in Europe.

Old
  (#4)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-04-2010, 18:06

However what about people who want to divert SMS from other carriers? Does the OP's hardware device work with any SIM?

Old
  (#5)
james (Offline)

Default 20-04-2010, 18:12

FBIack 111, first – I am not promoting any product from any company.
For your answer, it’s different: before you fly for business you take your Germany SIM (for example) and put it in this device, then you buy one of this dual SIM’s, and when your friends call your number in Germany the call will be routed with skypeout to your dual SIM. (And it will also forward your incoming SMS in your Germany SIM to your dual SIM)
I don’t know more about this box (hope they support SIP) but for me it’s good because I travel allot to Singapore so I could buy local SIM and my calls and SMS’s will be forward with Skype almost for free.

Old
  (#6)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-04-2010, 21:50

Just Skype or can it be configured for other SIP providers?

Old
  (#7)
james (Offline)

Default 21-04-2010, 05:03

i dont know if it work with SIP, i hope so...

why the admin not upload the original message back? this is why we here no? we want to find the cheapest way to talk when we roam!!!!!!!!

if any of the forum member think i right please say you are agree with me so we could talk about this kind of products without been deleted...

Old
  (#8)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 21-04-2010, 08:34

Listen James. I'm the administrator of this website. I didn't delete your post, it was a moderator who, I guess, made a little investigation before deleting your post.

You have the US flag but you are writing from Israel, exactly the same country where this new device comes from, what a coincidence.
To me you are promoting a product here and you are a liar.

That would be more than enough for me to ban you.
Since this product could be interesting to someone I'm going to keep this thread open and visible to everyone, unless it degenerates.

But please, have the dignity to say that you are here to PROMOTE your device, nothing else. We have plenty of dealers here and of course they promote their services; we tolerate some promotion, but we don't like spam. What you did till now is spam, so now let's show us if you can do something more useful, otherwise you'll deserve only a ban.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim