PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#6)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 17-03-2010, 14:02

Just do not put too much money on these sim cards. May be just enough to get you through the next trip. Same here, I was burnt UM, Global Roaming, Yackie (they are still trying to come back since about a year...what a joke!). Consider these things disposable and just buy the best one for your current trip and use the thing up.

For example, for my trip to Jaimaca next week, I bought an Ekit Simple sim on Ebay, since they offer good rates there for incoming calls, which is the only thing I will use it for. I also have Telna mobile, if you do not use it, it will not cost you anything besides the $19/year fee.

You better read the Truphone TOS very well. I believe they have a monthly fee or may be it's a monthly non-use fee, in addition to the 90-day non-use fee. And Truphone is very expensive everywhere else besides US and UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyaroo View Post
To all of you. Thank you. I am twice burned in a year on this having lost about $100 to United Mobile and now about $50 to Global Roaming. I have used these cards in the past to help clients have a phone while abroad and for my own use as well. I will think about Ekit and truphone, though I fear that they will be like restaurants that my wife and I like, not open long enough!

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile