PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default o2 Germany international flatrate - 16-07-2010, 23:34

See: Fernweh war gestern: "Global Friends für o2 o" macht Schluss mit hohen Kosten für Handygespräche ins Ausland

This is the German version of the now discontinued o2UK/Jajah deal called "International friends and family" deal which was discussed here: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/euro...ing-calls.html. It is available for prepaid cards as well as contracts, and may be of benefit to some high volume callers.

Users can select 5 international numbers (2 can be mobiles) which are accessed via a short number. They are charged at 15c/min until you hit a 50 Euro price-cap. After this, all further calls during the month are free (both national and international to these 5 numbers).

Old
  (#2)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Not quite identical to the initial UK offer - 17-07-2010, 00:54

There are a couple of important differences to the initial O2 offer in the UK:

1. So far there are no incoming DIDs back to Germany.
2. There are a wide range of identical O2-o airbag tariffs - the difference is the monthly cost to the subscriber. The lowest airbag price, which was generally available until a couple of months ago, is 40 euros per month. [And Lidl are planning to launch a special 40 euro "airbag-like" tariff at the end of July. But this tariff has a 9c per minute rate, for which the monthly bill is capped at 40 euros. The Lidl tariff excludes an O2 homezone. It may also have other exclusions when it is officially launched.]

I have also seen a couple of, as yet announced, new German O2-o tariffs which include internet access with the airbag for 50 and 65 euros per month. The 65 euros per month tariff was for the addition of flat rate internet access within Germany.

If I remember correctly, the new 50 Euro "O2-0-On" (?) tariff had a download limit of 5GB per month - but I am not certain about the download limit. Perhaps the limit was smaller.

We shall have to wait for the official O2 announcement...

Old
  (#3)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 17-07-2010, 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by babble View Post
And Lidl are planning to launch a special 40 euro "airbag-like" tariff at the end of July. But this tariff has a 9c per minute rate, for which the monthly bill is capped at 40 euros.
Is the Lidl "airbag" also going to include international calls?

Old
  (#4)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 17-07-2010, 12:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
Is the Lidl "airbag" also going to include international calls?
No. Lidl's cap applies for domestic calls only.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#5)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 17-07-2010, 17:13

Quote:

If I remember correctly, the new 50 Euro "O2-0-On" (?) tariff had a download limit of 5GB per month - but I am not certain about the download limit. Perhaps the limit was smaller.
o2-on is only for corporate customers who can proof that they run a business.
its 29 euro +VATper month for flatrate calling all networks and data flatrate (reduced speed after 300 MB/month) or 34 Euro+VAT (speed limited when exceeding 5GB/month)...

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#6)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Correct details about "O2 on" and "O2 on Upgrade" - 17-07-2010, 21:28

I have looked at the o2online.de website and found the correct information about the two tariffs that I mentioned earlier in this thread.

"O2 on": an airbag + Handy-Surf-Flatrate + Internet Packet M + rebate.
Cost 50 euros per month. 24 month contract. Up to 200MB @ 7.2 Mbit/s, then unlimited gprs.

"O2 on Upgrade": an airbag + Handy-Surf-Flatrate + Internet Packet L + rebate.
Cost 65 euros per month. 24 month contract. Up to 5GB @ 7.2 Mbit/s, then unlimited gprs.

For companies, the business equivalent tariffs are called: "O2 on Business" & "O2 on Business Upgrade".

Alternatively, for people who only need a small but free internet allowance, there are ad-financed "netzclub" sims with an official 200MB monthly quota (but reportedly 374MB in practice). A big thumbs-up to Telefonica for this new service!

NetzClub - Zahlen können Andere

Last edited by babble; 17-07-2010 at 21:37..

Old
  (#7)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 18-07-2010, 18:21

Quote:
I have looked at the o2online.de website and found the correct information about the two tariffs that I mentioned earlier in this thread.
[...]
where did u find the tariff on the consumers website?
Its only on the corporate and small business websites...

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#8)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default The tariffs can be found via O2online.de - 18-07-2010, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
where did u find the tariff on the consumers website?
Its only on the corporate and small business websites...
The consumer "O2 on" tariffs (valid from 07.07.2010 until 19.07.2010) are listed here:

http://www.o2online.de/nw/assets/blo...k-postpaid.pdf

And I found the equivalent business tariff names here:

o2 on

Old
  (#9)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Introducing the O2 o40 Fixed Line Tariff - 16-08-2010, 17:57

For those who are interested in german mobile tariffs, I have noticed an unannounced O2 tariff: "O2 o40 Fixed Line". I have a friend with such a tariff, which was obtained at the beginning of July, shortly before O2 publicly announced that a Homezone could be added to an airbag. At the time, she spoke to customer services and requested that a Homezone be added to her 40€ airbag.

"O2 o40 Fixed Line": airbag (40€ max) + Homezone + 3c Festnetz calls out of the Homezone.

When I googled this tariff, I did not find any examples except for one guy who claims to have the "O2 o40 Fixed Line Online" tariff. - I do not know anything about this tariff.

I have no idea about the official launch date of the "O2 o40 Fixed Line" tariff. I just know that it does exist.