PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default T-Mobile USA's global plan - 10-10-2013, 02:21

This is technically a post paid plan, but there is no contractual obligation. Check out T-Mobile USA's new offering:

http://www.t-mobile.com/simple-choic...nal-plans.html

Stu

Old
  (#2)
davidtheprof (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 10-10-2013, 04:40

wow, was just reading about this, quite revolutionary. Looking for some fine print... seems that data speeds will be limited to 2G, so still need to pay $25 for 200 MB,
Still need a way to give friends and family in destination country a local number, could use Piranha for that...
What will I do with all my credit on sim cards?!?

Old
  (#3)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 10-10-2013, 14:39

At first blush, it looks very impressive. It could give T-Mobile a significant edge over other US carriers in the market for regular international travelers. Might be enough to get me to give up my old grandfathered T-Mobile plan. I may just wait until I hear some real-world user experiences. It's interesting to note that it seems cheaper to make calls in Japan with this plan than with a Japanese prepaid phone.

Old
  (#4)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 10-10-2013, 16:21

This is in response to Professor Dave's point about local numbers. Hushed numbers has short term phone number rentals and forwarding to a US number is silly cheap.

I love my iPhone, but am seriously thinking about the dual-SIM Galaxy S4 (or S4 than mini).

Old
  (#5)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 10-10-2013, 19:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
This is in response to Professor Dave's point about local numbers. Hushed numbers has short term phone number rentals and forwarding to a US number is silly cheap.

I love my iPhone, but am seriously thinking about the dual-SIM Galaxy S4 (or S4 than mini).
Where do I get a "Hushed" number?

This is great. No more prepaids necessary most of the time. I'll be using it in China and Hong Kong 10/26 - 11/8 and will report back. One test - seeing if tethering on wife's S4 via hotspot feature works. I still have an old BB that I was keeping to use for UMA calling via wifi.

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.