PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
chrisuoft (Offline)

Default Prepaid data for UK, Spain, Netherlands and Prague - 28-05-2010, 04:48

Hi, there is alot of information on this site and I was hoping someone would be kind enough to throw out a single answer. I am looking for a prepaid provider which allows for data roaming in the above countries. I will be using a blackberry and will require less than 50mb for the two weeks that I'll be in Europe. Can any provide a low cost solution for some or hopefully all of the above countries? My current provider in Canada will charge me approximately 40 euro for 10mb of data to roam in Europe.

Thank you in advance,
Chris

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 28-05-2010, 09:10

If you will be spreading the data use roughly equally over the 4 countries, the cheapest option by far is still to get yourself a local SIM in every country that you visit. Your other option is to buy a SIM in your first country (UK), and then just roam with that. However, even though the 12-15MB you expect to use per country is small, even on European SIM's the costs can quickly add up while you are on roaming data tariffs. (Though the rate will be cheaper than with your Canadian provider).

Old
  (#3)
chrisuoft (Offline)

Default 28-05-2010, 23:24

Thank you for the response Petkow, so it will be cheaper than about 50 euro to pick up a new sim in each of the four countries and add a small amount of data?

Old
  (#4)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 29-05-2010, 11:36

I wonder if a T-mobile UK roaming data bundle on this thread would be useful to you, especially if you're fairly confident about the level of use you mentioned

I don't know anything about Blackberry data though. Is it set up differently and sometimes not charged or included the same way?