PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default best prepaid SIM for european data roaming - 01-12-2009, 09:00

Dear friends,

I have ordered one of those shiny new dual sim china mobile's with qwerty keyboard and wifi. It's one of the new generation including Java, which makes it possible to run GMail, opera mobile, fring and many more useful apps including mopress (wordpress j2me client). Amigo - WiFi Quad Band Dual-SIM Cellphone with QWERTY Keyboard

For line one I have my austrian orange contract SIM with monthly 100 free minutes of incoming calls. The downside is the extremly high roaming cost with orange.at per mb and the bad 100kb steps.

I am looking for a prepaid SIM with cheap european data-roaming as the second SIM card. Unfortunately, the china-mobile does not recognise the 3.at USIM as a valid SIM-Card which would fix my data-roaming problem.

Beside that, I own an old Aldi Talk (medion mobile, e-plus MVNO) prepaid SIM from Germany. The website says, 0.19 Euro's for each 100 kb of roaming-data within the european countries. This seems to be a quite fair price. I know that T-Mobile UK offers a price of GBP 1.50 per MB, but doesn't mention in which steps they will charge that MB.

ANY TIPS OF AN EVEN CHEAPER PREPAID SIMCARD FOR DATA-ROAMING?

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 01-12-2009, 10:22

I remember reading on here somewhere (perhaps in a post by Inquisitor) that Simyo Germany have a good deal for European data roaming. You may want to research that a bit.

Old
  (#3)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-12-2009, 11:51

simyo has the same pricing like Aldi, but data roaming with all those eplus-MVNOs is rather unreliable and usually limited to one network operator per country, which is usually a late market-entrant with inferior coverage.
T-Mobile UK seems to be the better choice.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#4)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-12-2009, 23:04

Base Belgium can be really good for small amounts of data: €2.50 per MB
(invoiced per KB) for some European countries and €3.50 per MB
(invoiced per KB) for the rest. Can be really good for chat and sending text messages over the internet.

emagiC CMS.Net - Error message

Old
  (#5)
ms93 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 03-12-2009, 16:11

Play: Abonament - One Play bez Telefonu (only in Polish)
http://translate.google.com/translat...isja_danych%2F - Google translation.

Polish Play - 5zł (about 1,25) per MB.
It is charged 0,05zł/10kB.

Works in whole European Union & USA.

Last edited by ms93; 03-12-2009 at 16:18..

Old
  (#6)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 03-12-2009, 22:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms93 View Post
Play: Abonament - One Play bez Telefonu (only in Polish)
Google Translate - Google translation.

Polish Play - 5zł (about 1,25) per MB.
It is charged 0,05zł/10kB.

Works in whole European Union & USA.
Abonament = contract, not prepaid.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#7)
ms93 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 04-12-2009, 18:21

I know what I say
"Promocją są objęci wszyscy Abonenci i Użytkownicy sieci Play."
Abonent - postpaid user
Użytkownik - prepaid user

Play page is quite messy, but also T&C of this promo say that it's also for prepaid.

And from T&C:
"1. Oferta Promocyjna jest przeznaczona dla Abonentów, Abonentów Play Mix, Abonentów Nowy Mix w Play, Abonentów Mix, Abonentów Mix II oraz Użytkowników Sieci Telekomunikacyjnej P4 zwani dalej łącznie „użytkownikami”."
"1. Promo Offer is intended for postpaid, Play Mix, Nowy Mix w Play, Mix, Mix II and prepaid users of P4 Telecommunication Netowrk, called then "users"."

"5. Korzystanie z Oferty Promocyjnej „Tania transmisja danych w roamingu” nie wymaga uiszczenia żadnej dodatkowej opłaty – cena usługi jest zawarta w kwocie Abonamentu lub w kwocie Doładowań."
"5. Usage of Promo Offer "Cheap data transmission in roaming" doesn't need to pay anything more - price is included in monthly payment or recharge"

Last edited by ms93; 04-12-2009 at 18:28..

Old
  (#8)
dohouch (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 29-12-2009, 09:11

From Vodafone Ireland
Quote:
If you're a Prepay customer
You pay daily as you use the service, and you only pay for the days you use. Our standard rate is 99c for a 50MB daily usage allowance, and 0.001c per KB (or €1 per MB) thereafter

What about roaming and Mobile Internet?

Quote:
Vodafone Mobile Internet is the same price when roaming abroad as at home. The service will be accessible from any country where we have a 3G or GPRS roaming agreement.
This is less than I pay with Yoigo prepay in Spain. Very likely this is not full net, but Voda portal, and using full net would cost more.

Old
  (#9)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 18-02-2010, 10:28

Just a quick update on my roaming sim plans. I did top up my Aldi payg Simcard with 10 Euros to keep her alive. The Simcard will register on all austrian networks but does not connect via GPRS. I tried this on a nokia e51 with the officially sent settings from the ALDI Page.

They realy do offer great roaming cost, but as it looks like, it will not connect...

BK

Old
  (#10)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 16-03-2010, 16:12

Information to everyone that got stuck with a Aldi payg and no GPRS connection. I came across the bug and it is so simple to make GPRS work like a charm.

When you get the provider settings from the Aldi page, it will set up a Data Profile for APN wap.eplus.de. It seems, that with this settings, there are big problems. Simply change the settings to gprs.eplus.de and chance the password from "wap" to "grps", user keep as is: eplus

Done that, I had immediate access to my emails, even roaming in Switzerland and Austria. The Aldi Talk payg will roam like a charm in vodafone networks like Swisscom and A1.

Thumbs up...

BK