Old
  (#11)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 24-02-2009, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiou View Post
One more question:
are there any cheapo cellphones without SIM/Net-Lock available?
Since I have 3 O2 Loop Freikarten, I could use one in the phone, and have an easier time loading exactly the amount I need onto my card, plus I could use the extra cards for emergency phone calls, if needed.
It would have to be a really cheap phone, though, or one that I could later use with prepaid sim cards in the US.
SIM/Netlock free phones start around 20-30 Euro in the electronic retail stores. But these are usually EU-dualband models and useless in the US.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#12)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-02-2009, 10:27

The cheapest unlocked quadband phone, which would also work back in the US, is a Samsung SGH-M310 for € 61 incl. shipping within Germany.
A complete list of unlocked quadband phones available from German online retailers can be found at: GSM ohne Vertrag Preisvergleich bei Geizhals.at Deutschland

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 24-02-2009 at 10:35..

Old
  (#13)
siskiou (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-02-2009, 15:58

Thanks again for all the help!
If everything works out with the configuration, I should be all set for my visit to Germany!

Am looking forward to seeing how much things have changed there during the last 5 years!

Old
  (#14)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-02-2009, 21:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
If you are interested in getting your own 3G-adapter, have a look at Vodafone Websession PrePaid UMTS USB-Stick zum Sonderpreis - November TT Special! - Telefon-Treff - these guys sell an unlocked Huawei E160 3G-dongle (in Vodafone-branded version) + a netlocked phone (SonyEricsson J110i) with Vodafone SIM for € 40 incl. shipping within Germany. That 3G-dongle also supports GSM and UMTS at 850 and 1900 MHz, so you could use it back in the US on AT&T's 3G network and on all American GSM-networks and it's easily debrandable by a simple firmware update, which takes one minute.
Do you know if this offer is still valid? Because it says on the other forum that it is valid until the end of November 2008.

Thanks

Old
  (#15)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-02-2009, 21:38

Yes, in this posting from February 10th the seller stated, that the offer is still valid.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#16)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 24-02-2009, 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ties Brants View Post
Do you know if this offer is still valid? Because it says on the other forum that it is valid until the end of November 2008.

Thanks
no, it is still valid as long as they can get new modems on stock. Verified by the dealer about a week ago here: Vodafone Websession PrePaid UMTS USB-Stick zum Sonderpreis - November TT Special! - Telefon-Treff

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#17)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-02-2009, 22:03

Thanks. My German is not that good any more (and I didn't see the first time that there were more page in that thread)

new problem: I have to select a payment option (Zahlungsweise) but there I can't choose anything, it will just tell me that there only one option available to me (Zur Zeit bieten wir Ihnen nur eine Zahlungsweise an.) I don't see any option to to log in to paypal or anyting. The only option is to enter a "Guthaben Gutscheine / Gutschriften" but if I understand correctly that is a discount code.

Can someone point me in the right direction? thanks again

Last edited by Ties Brants; 24-02-2009 at 22:10..

Old
  (#18)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-02-2009, 22:26

I get the choice between PayPal, "Vorkasse" (vooruitbetaling) and "Nachnahme" (remboers). Maybe you can't chose any payment option because they don't deliver abroad. If you know someone living in Germany you could try ordering with his/her address.

Old
  (#19)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-02-2009, 22:35

Thanks.
They say they do deliver to the Netherlands.
Deltatecc Shop
And on the Versandinformationen page they do add 15 euro's for delivery. I really don't understand. I will see tomorrow and otherwise I might just send them an email.

Old
  (#20)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 25-02-2009, 23:16

I managed to do it in the end. I changed my address to a fake German address. Then there were actually some payment options to choose from. And in the next screen I could change the address back to my real address in the Netherlands. Not really the way it is supposed to go, but it worked anyway.

So now I will just wait and see if it gets delivered to the right address