PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
yoyogam (Offline)

Default 25-04-2006, 19:50

There is a new toy on the market that opens a whole set of new oportunities for callback, call forward, SMS and more. I think those of you who love finding and testing new ways for for saving on roaming (or just make it more complex) would love the idea.

goto http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/25/the-sky...ti-phone-mashup

A short review is available on http://www.skypejournal.com/blog/archives/...roam_1.php#more

I am going to get one for testing next week and will try and post my comments here.

Old
  (#2)
moua (Offline)
Official Member

Default 02-05-2006, 01:54

This box sounds very interesting.

Even if i don't plan to use roaming, i have on my landline unlimited call to landline (on many developed county).
And i have a near unlimited calls to my home (same bill for my GSM).

So, calling this box (at home) would be free, and then call any landline would be free

There are many others great combinaisons.

It seems like an asterisk@home box with PSTN and GSM interface.

Does it support SIP ?
Does it support skype without computer ?

i want one of them
(or a GSM interface for my open-wrt router)

Old
  (#3)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 03-05-2006, 08:14

I've been looking for a cheap GSM device which I could use to interface with my computer, voip. This sounds interesting. It would be even more interesting if they develop a SIP driver.

Old
  (#4)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 03-05-2006, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
I've been looking for a cheap GSM device which I could use to interface with my computer, voip. This sounds interesting. It would be even more interesting if they develop a SIP driver.
Why not go with a Dock-n-Talk with an appropriate cable for your cell phone connected to a Sipura SPA-3000?

I've got about 10 pairs setup in various places in the world and they work great together (the last one in Germany to take advantage of the unlimited e-plus to e-plus plans).

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#5)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 01-06-2006, 05:56

I might go with dock n'talk. I'm in a small apartment in Dubai and I'm trying to reduce the number of little black boxes that appear out of nowhere in places that I live. I think Scotty must beam them down.

The dockn' talk solution means a cellphone (presumably powered by Dock N' Talk) tethered to a Dock N' Talk (which probably has a power transformer attached to it), connected to an ATA (connected to another transformer). Hopefully everything is 230 volts so that I don't need to add yet another step down transformer to the mix.

Stu