PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
neocortx (Offline)

Default 17-04-2006, 14:25

I was wondering if anyone knows whether United Mobile voicemail can be turned off (and back on)? There are sometimes when I do not want the UM voicemail to pick up; I'd rather have the phone keep ringing. Emails to UM customer service has not provided the answer. Thanks.

Keith

Old
  (#2)
yoyogam (Offline)

Default 17-04-2006, 15:16

You can cancel or turn on the voice mail by calling 066. When you recieve the callback follow the instructions to "cancel all diversions" or to turn voice diversion "on". The call is charged according to the zone you are calling from!

Old
  (#3)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 17-04-2006, 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyogam
You can cancel or turn on the voice mail by calling 066. When you recieve the callback follow the instructions to "cancel all diversions" or to turn voice diversion "on". The call is charged according to the zone you are calling from!
It's the same rate like calls to "regular" UM number (on-net). You should be able to turn off/on the VM during one, or at most two minute call.

Old
  (#4)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 17-04-2006, 21:34

BTW, you can also turn it on/off from a land line/another phone. I am in the US and that's how I did it using CBW's 800 #. It's going to ask for the VM pin# (last 4 of PUK or so...search forum to be sure) which you will then have the option to change. You can pretty much access the entire VM menu from another phone. To access it, you call your number, then press the # key when the VM message comes on, then enter your pin #, from there you have all the VM options.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#5)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 17-04-2006, 22:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman
You can pretty much access the entire VM menu from another phone. To access it, you call your number, then press the # key when the VM message comes on, then enter your pin #, from there you have all the VM options.
This procedure seems to be OK if you want to turn OFF the VM, but how do you want to turn it ON?
If you call your number with the VM in the "off" state, you can't hear any VM message "by definition"

Old
  (#6)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 18-04-2006, 03:09

That's true Przemolog. I am not even sure what kind of message the caller would get if VM is turned off. Hopefully it's not that recording (not sure what language it was) that used to play 3 times or so.

I think my sim came with VM on by default and that's why I was able to access the settings from a land line.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile