PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
  (#401)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Professionist
 
Posts: 1,465
Join Date: 27 Feb 2004
Location: Mississippi, USA

Country:
Default 07-05-2017, 14:54

Re: Piranha's Call-Off-Load feature. What format is used for the too and from phone numbers? Canonical international? With or without dialing codes? Has anyone used this feature?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#402)
ghostrider (Offline)
Member
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 82
Join Date: 09 Nov 2014

Country:
Default 07-05-2017, 14:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
Re: Piranha's Call-Off-Load feature. What format is used for the too and from phone numbers? Canonical international? With or without dialing codes? Has anyone used this feature?
I would use 0039xxxx


International roaming sim in portfolio:
Tellink, Lemonsim, Travelsim, Airbalticcard, Mtx Connect.
Slot 1
Ho. Mobile
Slot 2
Tellink Roaming Sim

Abandoned sim cards: Piranha mobile, Ortel Mobile
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#403)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Professionist
 
Posts: 1,465
Join Date: 27 Feb 2004
Location: Mississippi, USA

Country:
Default 07-05-2017, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
I would use 0039xxxx
So, *110*0012345551212*00442034614444#
would connect a call from a hypothetical number in the US to the Bank of England's switchboard in UK?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#404)
ghostrider (Offline)
Member
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 82
Join Date: 09 Nov 2014

Country:
Default 07-05-2017, 15:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
So, *110*0012345551212*00442034614444#
would connect a call from a hypothetical number in the US to the Bank of England's switchboard in UK?
Yes, that should work.


International roaming sim in portfolio:
Tellink, Lemonsim, Travelsim, Airbalticcard, Mtx Connect.
Slot 1
Ho. Mobile
Slot 2
Tellink Roaming Sim

Abandoned sim cards: Piranha mobile, Ortel Mobile
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#405)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Professionist
 
Posts: 1,465
Join Date: 27 Feb 2004
Location: Mississippi, USA

Country:
Default 10-05-2017, 03:44

Does the Piranha Mobile SIM work in an iPhone 3GS?

I have an old, unlocked iPhone 3GS. I've tested it with a T-Mobile SIM and it works fine. When I insert the Piranha SIM, it starts off with "Searching" and ends up on "No Service." Putting the phone in and out of Airplane Mode produces "Invalid SIM".

The SIM works perfectly in my Moto G.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#406)
Bossman (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Professionist
 
Posts: 1,257
Join Date: 22 Apr 2005
Location: Chicago

Country:
Default 10-05-2017, 13:14

I do not see why not, since you said it's unlocked. Mine works in my unlocked AT&T Iphone 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
Does the Piranha Mobile SIM work in an iPhone 3GS?

The SIM works perfectly in my Moto G.


Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#407)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Professionist
 
Posts: 1,465
Join Date: 27 Feb 2004
Location: Mississippi, USA

Country:
Default 10-05-2017, 15:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
I do not see why not, since you said it's unlocked. Mine works in my unlocked AT&T Iphone 4.
It appears that it has to do with the default crippled mode of AT&T phones. When I insert my T-Mobile PAYG SIM, after a few minutes it updates the settings and give me the manual carrier selection menu and T-Mobile STK. With the Piranha SIM it does not do this. The phone has iOS 6.1.6, which is up-to-date for this phone. I'm also getting advice from Piranha Mobile but so far, no joy.

I wanted to use the old iPhone 3G because it has all the needed bands and is expendable.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#408)
ghostrider (Offline)
Member
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 82
Join Date: 09 Nov 2014

Country:
Default 15-05-2017, 18:59

Today I had to remove from my dual sim phone my Piranha cause even if it seemed that everything was ok (good signal on the phone) the sim was not registered on network and if called said "sim out of coverage" .
I am very disappointed, all problems I had with the initial setup seemed solved but as of today that's not the case.
Anyone else with the same issue?


International roaming sim in portfolio:
Tellink, Lemonsim, Travelsim, Airbalticcard, Mtx Connect.
Slot 1
Ho. Mobile
Slot 2
Tellink Roaming Sim

Abandoned sim cards: Piranha mobile, Ortel Mobile
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#409)
gkeeper (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Fan
 
gkeeper's Avatar
 
Posts: 112
Join Date: 27 Sep 2012

Country:
Default 16-05-2017, 04:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Today I had to remove from my dual sim phone my Piranha cause even if it seemed that everything was ok (good signal on the phone) the sim was not registered on network and if called said "sim out of coverage" .
I am very disappointed, all problems I had with the initial setup seemed solved but as of today that's not the case.
Anyone else with the same issue?
have you tried another handset, i had issues with my dual SIM handset, SIM was fine when i changed back to the single SIM handset. What make and model are you using??
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#410)
ghostrider (Offline)
Member
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 82
Join Date: 09 Nov 2014

Country:
Default 16-05-2017, 06:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkeeper View Post
have you tried another handset, i had issues with my dual SIM handset, SIM was fine when i changed back to the single SIM handset. What make and model are you using??
Thanks for replying. I am using a Oneplus 3T, that's strange because this sim after a bit of problems at the beginning when registering, was working ok. Anyway there's always a big delay in registering on the network. I contacted the customer care and they said it could be Tim (the Italian carrier) could have experienced some issues.


International roaming sim in portfolio:
Tellink, Lemonsim, Travelsim, Airbalticcard, Mtx Connect.
Slot 1
Ho. Mobile
Slot 2
Tellink Roaming Sim

Abandoned sim cards: Piranha mobile, Ortel Mobile
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
piranha voip

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
© 2002-2020 PrePaidGSM.net