PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Daneboy (Offline)

Default Prepaid in Spain - what's available in stores on the Canary Islands? - 08-03-2008, 16:58

Hi,

Will be going on a trip to the Canary Islands (Gran Canaria), and was thinking about picking up a prepaid SIM while I am there.

Which of the current operators offers SIM-only packs in stores?

Any advice is welcome.

Old
  (#2)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 10-03-2008, 14:31

Surely Yoigo, so you can have the daily internet flat.

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#3)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 10-03-2008, 16:06

Yoigo should be available in ThePhoneHouse but can be a hassle picking up as there are often queues and sometimes they ask for a NIE/NIF number. It has the cheapest data rate by far.

If you are not bothered with data/internet then in my experience, the easiest prepaid pack to pickup in Spain is Carrefour Mobile. It costs €10, includes €10 of credit and should be available at the Customer service counter in the supermaket of any Carrefour, Dia or Carrefour Express which seem to be all over the place. There is never a queue and in most cases if your Spanish is not that great there are no funny questions asked. Just hand over the cash and walk off with a ready card with a number! Couldn't be easier.

Sorry about the delay in replying. I meant to answer a 2 days ago when I saw your request but forgot.

Old
  (#4)
Daneboy (Offline)

Default 10-03-2008, 21:04

Thanks to both of you for replying.

I don't think I will be using data so I will probably look for Carrefour, or whatelse I might come across.

Thanks again.

Tags
data options, spain, yoigo