PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
sperial (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 03-07-2013, 13:00

That's right. I will try to update later.

Old
  (#32)
moua (Offline)
Official Member

Default 04-07-2013, 13:46

sperial :

Can we order a sim card, get 2 month free, then cancel suscription ? There is no minimum commitment with this offer ?

If so, how to cancel the line ? By phone, internet, letter ? Is there a minimum wait for that (eg, 30 or 10 days in advance) ?

That would be a very good offer for tourists
Even without this promotion.
Especially with their new "international number" service
https://www.golantelecom.co.il/web/news1.php

However, the drawback is the delivery and activation process (like almost all postpaid offers).

With Orange you can get a sim at more locations, including post office, even with aboard delivery SIM Big Talk card - Israel Post Shop

Usually i take a big bonus card Range of Orange BigTalk Prepaid Phone Cards
Then a package with the credit Orange Bigtalk - data packages

It's 30-50% coster than Golan but it's more flexible and i keep the sim/number over time.
Also, data speed seems a bit faster, am i right ?

Oh, BTW, do you know if we can take a data package from the credit "usage in Israel" or "usage in Israel & international" or both ? I don't remember

Old
  (#33)
sperial (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 04-07-2013, 15:10

You are right - you may get the two months free promotion, at least with an Israeli credit card, I am not sure about the promotion when using a foreign one, although no restriction is posted on the site. As SIM cards can be purchased at most "Bug" computer stores, which means most major shopping malls and centers, and activated on the spot this should not be an obstacle.

Israeli regulations for cellular services are very consumer friendly - no contract commitment of any sort is allowed, nubbers ported within 30 min. from activation, phones should be SIM free (and old, SIM locked should be unlocked on customer's demand), surfing is net neutral, which means no restriction on VoIP calls etc.

Theoretically Orange's maximum surfing speed is 42 Mbps, compared with Golan's 21 Mbps. As I do not use netsticks, and the phones used by my family are restrivted to theoretical 7.2 Mbps I never bothered to check the actual speeds.

Data packages are for local use only. Roaming packages are offered to postpaid subscribers, but are very expensive.

Last edited by sperial; 04-07-2013 at 15:22..

Old
  (#34)
davidtheprof (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 07-07-2013, 14:24

Piranha is now very reasonable for Israel, outgoing calls 0.15c, incoming 0.08, data 0.30c/MB on Celcom, 0.15c on Pelephone.
wondering if can get a virtual local 972 number for people to dial via Keku or equivalent that would forward to the UK or US numbers on Piranha sims

Old
  (#35)
PSIM (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 09-07-2013, 19:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtheprof View Post
Piranha is now very reasonable for Israel, outgoing calls 0.15c, incoming 0.08, data 0.30c/MB on Celcom, 0.15c on Pelephone.
wondering if can get a virtual local 972 number for people to dial via Keku or equivalent that would forward to the UK or US numbers on Piranha sims
We can do that yes Please contact admin for more information.

PSIM

Old
  (#36)
davidtheprof (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default keeping orange sim active - 03-08-2013, 14:03

I've got two Israeli orange sims, I want to keep active for when I next go, one has a small balance, one zero.
Will an incoming text do the trick? it seems to be free, even in the US.

Has anyone tried this site, which offers topup service?
Orange Top-up

but they seem to charge about $7 extra per topup (and Orange takes another 7 NIS from each topup).

thanks

Old
  (#37)
davidtheprof (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-08-2013, 19:47

I ended up using this site to top up: Visiting Israel? | Mobilezone
Service charge only about $3.

Old
  (#38)
sperial (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 08-06-2014, 14:56

A new player has joined the Israeli prepaid ground - international calls carrier 019.

Old
  (#39)
davidtheprof (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-08-2014, 20:01

I've got two Israeli orange sims, I want to keep active for when I next go, been nearly a year since last transaction. They don't seem to register on US network, though they were meant to be able to.
Will sending a text to the numbers do the trick? or do I have to top up?
thanks

Old
  (#40)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 15-09-2014, 13:22

Ill be in Israel in two weeks, and I was wondering if anything has changed. Is Orange still the best SIM for a visitor who wants cheap international calls, cheap data, and an account that's easy to keep active?

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell