PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
nscribner (Offline)

Question The MOST BASIC questions for voice,sms service SIMS - 22-03-2013, 03:12

I have read through many of the threads here but am still in the dark about some basic issues for an American (me) arriving for the first time at FCO with an unlocked, basic GSM mobile that I have used previously in Portugal, Germany, Austria and Czech republic with various SIMs. Seems much more complicated in Italy.
1. Codice Fiscale - Effendi's link to a blog of instructions is a dead link. Further, many folks report it was not needed, presumably the retail store arranged one if necessary. Therefore, I suppose I go to the next store on the block if the first one refuses ?
2. Help in English. This has generally been my largest problem in the past -- where or how to get instructions in English, especially if the phone menu will be in Italian. I might get very lucky with a phone store clerk, but most will not take the time, or speak English well enough. WHICH of the biggest companies is my best bet -- Vodaphone, TIM, WIND ?
3. Recharging if I do not speak Italian (or have an Italian credit card) -- Best method ?
Thanks for assitance, Neal

Old
  (#2)
Louisvdw (Offline)

Default 22-03-2013, 05:18

I got my Codice Fiscale from the link in this website 2 days ago.
Go to National Operators -> Italy and at the bottom of the page is the detail and link on the Codice Fiscale. The link is the forum does not work.

Old
  (#3)
sperial (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 22-03-2013, 12:39

Two years ago I bought a WIND SIM card in rome - the Codice Fiscale was not reqired, I had only topresent my passport, and it's photocopy was attached to the contract documents.

Old
  (#4)
nscribner (Offline)

Default 22-03-2013, 13:56

Thanks LouisVDW, I found the link and instructions.
Strangely, Google/Chrome did not translate the page because of a "server error".

Neal

Old
  (#5)
Punk808 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-03-2013, 15:11

Yeah u dont need codice fiscale for activation of a Sim Card, u can use ur passaport with no problem at all, if i can suggest u go on Wind, and ask of the offert Noi Tutti International u got like 240 minutes free for call in USA any landline and cell phones, the option it will cost u only 19 euros thats all, i got it for be in touch wid friends in USA and its very good believe me. wish this can help u

Old
  (#6)
Punk808 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-03-2013, 15:18

Oh and i wanna answer to ur question if u need u can set ur language in english also on Wind everything u gotta do is calling the 4242 and digit number 6 and then choose English, "inglese"

Tags
basic, english