PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Anybody here use xcomglobal.com? - 28-09-2011, 00:58

They rent a SIM w. a "MiFI" unit w. "unlimited" data. It appears that they may use diff. SIM cards in some of the 67 countries they serve.

$15/day. It does allow voice via VOIP apps. If you have TMobile U.S. service you can use their UMA (wifi) voice service.
Problem I see is the price is higher than it should be because you are paying for both the SIM and the hardware.
They are Japanese owned but seems to be aimed almost solely at U.S. customers. Their office is in San Deigo, Ca.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#2)
Nerdy (Offline)

Default 04-07-2012, 12:33

Does anyone know what network they use?

I can't see how you can do unlimited internet on a SIM that works in lots of countries.

Is it really unlimited - or is there a hidden 'fair usage' allowance?

Old
  (#3)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-07-2012, 03:07

It is really unlimited. It uses the cheap which underlies iPhone Trip and is probably based on the ATT SIM. ATT had a corporate plan which has unlimited international data. People who had it are ring fenced. I have it on contract and have unlimited on device data on my iPhone anywhere in the world. I went through 900 megs in Russia - no charge. Same in South Africa. It is unlimited even on cruise ships (but the data is usually real slow on Cellular at Sea).

Old
  (#4)
Nerdy (Offline)

Default 05-07-2012, 09:24

Thanks Stu

What number range is printed on the SIM? That might confirm that it's an AT&T SIM.

Have you used it in the USA? If you can't register on T-Mobile, that would help confirm too.

Old
  (#5)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 05-07-2012, 12:04

what is the prefix of the number & the imei of the sim?

Old
  (#6)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-07-2012, 14:15

I have a contract ATT SIM with similar features so I haven't rented it. Brick and mortar friends (and internet friends) have used it. There are a number of happy customers over at the tech forum at Flyertalk.com. I don't have a SIM to get my paws on, sorry, but a number of clues have popped up over the years including the fact that the SIM will work in locked ATT iPhones but will not worked in partially unlocked Verizon iPhones. Verizon will unlock your iPhone so that it works on any carrier in the world except an American one.

iPhone Trip spray paints the back of the SIMs to hide who the underlying carrier is, but I don't know if they block out the SIM number on the SIM. It would only take a little acetone to remove the numbers. I don't know if they do it, or not.

Clearly some of their other plans use other carriers.