PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default Caller ID whilst using Betamax SIP - 26-05-2010, 08:42

Has anybody managed to transmit a CLID whilst using a SIP device to make calls from a Betamax account? I can set my caller ID from their own PC softphones, but not whilst using the SIP client on my Nokia E series phone.

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-05-2010, 11:41

Yes, that works fine.

First make sure the desired number has been verified through the PC softphone.

In your Nokia handset go to Tools | Settings | Connection | SIP settings and edit the Public user name to match the following format:
[number in int'l format]@sip.[brand].com

e.g.:
+44123456789@sip.poivy.com
or
0044123456789@sip.poivy.com

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#3)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 26-05-2010, 15:49

Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately this solution still does not work properly for me even though the desired number has been verified by the PC softphone, and I get the correct number transmitted while I am making calls from that. Thanks to your method, I have managed to at least get it to now transmit something that is consistent it is still not the desired ID that I am hoping to transmit for the service I am trying to call.

In my case I am using Rynga. Coincidentally I am trying to set a UK CLID (let's call it +44123456789 like in your example).

The first problem is that when I enter:
+44123456789@sip.rynga.com or 0044123456789@sip.rynga.com I cannot log on at all. However, with +44123456789@rynga.com and 0044123456789@rynga.com it works though these each give different caller ID's:

1. With +44123456789@rynga.com I get a hybrid caller ID +3444123456789
2. With 0044123456789@rynga.com I get a very strange caller ID that starts +66666 and then a random sequence of numbers. It looks like the country code of hell!

Do you think in case 1 it is somehow also picking up my Spanish IP address, and adding it to the front of my desired ID?? That seems very odd! Do you think this is a specific problem of Rynga.com, or have I got some other wrong setting in my Nokia E71?

Old
  (#4)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-05-2010, 16:42

When using a fritzbox sip device I use the following format

username
password

to get callerid if fill in the callerid in the username field
in the password field i type password:username

don't forget the : in the middle

usernamefield: callerid number
passwordfield: password:username

This way I get caller id using betamax on my sip device. don't know how this works on a nokia but play around with it. For me it has been working several years like this.

Old
  (#5)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-05-2010, 17:14

@petkow
What kind of number were you calling when these incorrect caller IDs were presented? Have you tried calling numbers on other networks or even in other countries? These incorrect prefixes perhaps could be caused by the called party's network.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#6)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 26-05-2010, 17:26

@bbbob
Thanks for your input too. I will try that now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
@petkow
What kind of number were you calling when these incorrect caller IDs were presented? Have you tried calling numbers on other networks or even in other countries? These incorrect prefixes perhaps could be caused by the called party's network.
I have tried calling UK and Spanish mobiles, as well as Spanish and UK landlines. All state the same.

It's a bit of a strange situation, and one which would be of significant benefit if I could get to the bottom of.

If you have a minute, and wouldn't mind helping could you do me a favour and try and call the following UK fixed number:
+44 370 2690538?
This is one of the numbers of the conference service I am trying to call. It should just read back your caller ID. I am curious as to how it reads it back for you. I know at least part of the problem lies on their end too, as when I call it from a Spanish fixed line (independent of any Betamax services), it sometimes wrongly reads back my number as 0341234567890. (i.e. omitting the leading 0).

Old
  (#7)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 26-05-2010, 17:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
usernamefield: callerid number
passwordfield: password:username
Hi bbob. I have tried playing around with this sort of method now, but can confirm on the Nokia SIP client it is not possible to connect this way. However, maybe I should try that method via fring.

Old
  (#8)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-05-2010, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
If you have a minute, and wouldn't mind helping could you do me a favour and try and call the following UK fixed number:
+44 370 2690538?
I've just called this number through poivy.com from my FritzBox and from my Nokia N95, for which both it read correct numbers (0049...).

Old
  (#9)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 26-05-2010, 18:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
I've just called this number through poivy.com from my FritzBox and from my Nokia N95, for which both it read correct numbers (0049...).
Thanks for the help inquisitor. After your trial I tried to set the caller ID to my normal Spanish fixed line and low and behold like for you this works completely normally! The caller ID comes back as +34... or 0034...

So the problem seems to be only occuring with a UK caller ID while I am not located in the UK. i.e. A problem occurs on trying to send the international country code of a caller ID when the country code does not fall within the IP address that the call is actually being placed from. Strange! I wonder what the reason for that is?

Anyhow, thanks once again for your help on this!