PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
mvnsnd (Offline)

Default SIM for Switzerland and all Europe - 31-10-2007, 01:44

Hello,

Been a while, but since I just tried to use my now defunct GT-SIM card, I see they are having trouble. I am planning a trip to Switzerland next month and in dire need of a SIM card that will work there and also in nearby Germany and France. This is the short term goal. All of Europe is the better solution.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff

Old
  (#2)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 31-10-2007, 05:33

Have a look here: www.united-mobile.com.

Old
  (#3)
wolfgang (Offline)

Default yallo for Switzerland - 31-10-2007, 08:39

https://www.yallo.ch/kp/dyn/web/pub/home/home.do

From their homepage:

yallo is the mobile offer that you can use to call your family and friends all over Europe for the same bargain price as if they were in Switzerland:

CHF 0.39/min. within Switzerland as well as to all European and many more countries (to the mobile and fixed networks). This includes England, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
CHF 0.05/min. for calls from yallo to yallo
CHF 0.10 per SMS message to Switzerland and to the world
No minimum contract, no basic charges
Sales at 3200 points of sale in all of Switzerland or easily via the Internet.
The starting package with SIM card costs CHF 30.00 online with CHF 30.00 calling time credit. At a retail point of sale it costs CHF 20.00 with CHF 20.00 calling time credit (except for the post office, sales price = CHF 29.00).

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 31-10-2007, 15:02

All true Wolfgang, but once outside Switzerland it becomes problematic... roaming rates are not so low.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#5)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 31-10-2007, 18:40

United-Mobile will work fine, and you have a +44 number that can be easily called to.

Old
  (#6)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 31-10-2007, 23:28

I'd suggest for within Switzerland, Swisscom has the easy liberty tariff of only CHF 0.80 for up to an hour to landlines and other Swisscom, ideal for use with a calling card. or similar to reach USA

http://www.swisscom-mobile.ch/scm/na...iberty-en.aspx

Roaming with it, although Switzerland is not in the EU, Swisscom seems to have adopted tariffs very similar to the Eurotariff, CHF 0.40 for incoming calls, 0.85 to Europe. You'd have to use a callthrough to reach USA, as it's otherwise more expensive.

Or Orangeclick has an add-on option of CHF 0.29 per minute to USA, and also a roaming option of calls back to Switerland for 0.40, then use a calling card to USA

http://www.orangeclick.ch/orange/eshop

Old
  (#7)
mvnsnd (Offline)

Default 01-11-2007, 18:50

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for the information so far. Since it seems I only visit Europe only every couple of years, I would prefer a "all of Europe" solution. This particular trip is mainly local to Switzerland and a possible few days in nearby countries. I am going to look into the united mobile solution for now as it seems it is easy for both incoming and outgoing calls from anywhere. And Ithink the service is more stable than GT-Sim was. Does it work with the Callback world type of service? I would think it does.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Old
  (#8)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 04-11-2007, 12:59

Yeah, it's with callback. BTW if you are staying mainly in Switzerland I'd go with a Swiss card...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#9)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 05-11-2007, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Or Orangeclick has an add-on option of CHF 0.29 per minute to USA, and also a roaming option of calls back to Switerland for 0.40, then use a calling card to USA

http://www.orangeclick.ch/orange/eshop
I use OrangeClick without any problem from years and years... and... important! You pay every add-on option daily! Or better... when you activate the add-on you have the reduction of balance for the monthly amount, but if you deactive that addon before 1 month you will be refunded for the days that you didn't use! i love oclick

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG