PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-09-2006, 22:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman
It's a whole lot easier for people to reach you, if you can give them a local number(a number with a US area code) they are familiar with rather than an international one. See, a lot of people in the US have never (and probably will never have a needd to) dial an international number.
OK, I can understand your point to some extents. AFASIR, I called abroad for the first time when I was about 30 (a few years after I sent a first e-mail abroad ) - because I didn't need it to do it before (and because it was very expensive due to the monopoly of Polish Telecom).

Quote:
So, they tend to get confused and not dial it correctly when they have to dial an international number. For me I just want my family to be able to reach me easily. As for friends, I just give them the international number.
It's their problem :P , Personally even when I didn't need to call abroad, I perfectly knew how to perform this "complicated" task.

Quote:
This is probably (at least it was for me) why most of us found Yackie to be very attractive, because it's the only international sim that provided a local US number. Yackie has not yet come through, so I have resorted to using Voicestick forwarded to my GlobalSim for an upcoming trip.
I agree with you that the idea of Yackie numbering is potentially very attractive (to some extent also for European users, too since they offer also European landline numbers). However, Yackie Israeli number can't be used for voice calls - no choice for CPP. I think that solution offered by RangeRoamer i.e. both "native" international SIM number (Estonian one - it's Travelsim) and a US number with forwarding (toll free in this case) is something satifying both CPP and CSP users...

http://www.rangeroamer.com/how-it-wo...ople-call.aspx

Old
  (#22)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-09-2006, 22:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
Europe and USA are very different sometimes, and talking about telephony I think we are again in 2 different worlds. I live the same situation of my Polish friend, but I understand the reasons of the American guys.
Me, too .
But it sounds really strange to me to forward calls to blauworld or any other foreign SIM. The European approach is rather to inform about a foreign #, enjoy free incoming calls and, in such cases like blauworld also to enjoy cheap calls home. Some people also leave a voice info on their VM's "my new number is ... don't leave a message, please call me ".

Quote:
Here it would be no sense to give a local number since we all use mobiles. And on Italian mobiles you cannot divert to a foreign number (and if you could you'd spend tons of euros). Also Italians are not used to diverted calls, most people hang down before even hearing any sound. So better use a foreign card, if I need I call, if someone needs me, they'll call!
In Poland international diverting is not possible either. Moreover, in many case it would cost the same or even more than incoming calls in roaming :P.
However, Effendi please note that the Europeans often divert calls but to their VM's

Old
  (#23)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-09-2006, 01:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
But it sounds really strange to me to forward calls to blauworld or any other foreign SIM. The European approach is rather to inform about a foreign #, enjoy free incoming calls and, in such cases like blauworld also to enjoy cheap calls home. Some people also leave a voice info on their VM's "my new number is ... don't leave a message, please call me ".

In Poland international diverting is not possible either. Moreover, in many case it would cost the same or even more than incoming calls in roaming :P.
However, Effendi please note that the Europeans often divert calls but to their VM's
I've seen friends just bear the roaming costs, and others seem to switch to mainly text messages. In a group, we've managed to get all the same local SIMs a few times now, and then some still use two phones, or some have people at home use cheap calls providers to reach them.

Call diversion is possible from O2 UK postpaid, at 17p to Europe, but it seems to be the only one.

Old
  (#24)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-09-2006, 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
Call diversion is possible from O2 UK postpaid, at 17p to Europe, but it seems to be the only one.
Not very bad, especially if "Europe" includes FL, Iceland and Estonia .
And how about diversion to IoM? It's "almost UK" so how operators consider it - as national or international?

Moreover, I think that international call diverting should be available in prepaid rather than in postpaid. It's just like incoming calls in roaming - a potential source of a very high bill and prepaid allows to control it somehow :whistle:

Old
  (#25)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-09-2006, 10:25

In the meanwhile here is another "copy" of Blauworld:
http://www.phonehouse.de/international

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#26)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-09-2006, 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
And how about diversion to IoM? It's "almost UK" so how operators consider it - as national or international?
Ask O2 CS and after a long delay they may say it costs 14p/min (same as Ireland). But in fact it comes from the inclusive minutes. If they are exceeded, it seems to be 10p peak, 5p off-peak, which is the same as a landline. If they altered this I would use diversion via Voipfone for 8.4p a minute, or Skype ... or via an easyMobile Sim with loads of promotional free credit

Old
  (#27)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-09-2006, 11:12

Quote:
In the meanwhile here is another "copy" of Blauworld:
http://www.phonehouse.de/international
Attention, this "copy" of blauworld still has the old blauworld rates (e.g. 99ct for western europa and USA)...

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#28)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 06-09-2006, 21:03

Another good thing about Blauworld: My SIM is valid for 12 months, not 6 as the website says.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#29)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 11-09-2006, 15:07

...and another SIM with cheaper international calls started today.
Looks like another copy of blauworld though.

See all details here http://www.ortelmobile.de/

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#30)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 11-09-2006, 16:21

But it has a 7c? setup-fee while Blauworld has 15c?.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim