PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
august (Offline)

Post ask for some prepaid solution - 02-06-2010, 08:12

Hi !

Just looking for the simple (classic) prepaid/prepago solution for the foreigner coming to the vicinity of Javea city / Alicante coast area for a week holidays in September.

Interested in buying some SIM solution with the following :

- instant use after a few hours after buy, clear instructions on startup codes;
- purchase cost up to 20E, with the start top-up ready to use for the /calls&data/ or /data only/;
- no need to activate the data transfer separately via web/phone;
- rates up to 10cents/1MB, less the better ,or the preactivated data bulk available;
- daily data rates less preffered, cause I suppose may be difficult to activate;
- no need to fix it much with the residential proof, etc;
- also microSIM coming soon for iPad would be an advantage.

any idea which prepaid provider to choose for the mentioned or similar requirements ?

Thanks in advance! PM's also welcomed.

--
best regards,
August

Last edited by august; 02-06-2010 at 08:30..

Old
  (#32)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 02-06-2010, 12:27

I think masMovil is the simplest all-round package. You don't need to take their monthly data plan. Just pay 3c/MB. Also, I think they are currently allowing 30MB per month free data. Check the site for more details:

MSmovil - Tu operador low cost de telefona. Tarifa mvil barata

Old
  (#33)
8eaker (Offline)

Default 09-06-2010, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by august View Post
Hi !

Just looking for the simple (classic) prepaid/prepago solution for the foreigner coming to the vicinity of Javea city / Alicante coast area for a week holidays in September.

Interested in buying some SIM solution with the following :

- instant use after a few hours after buy, clear instructions on startup codes;
- purchase cost up to 20E, with the start top-up ready to use for the /calls&data/ or /data only/;
- no need to activate the data transfer separately via web/phone;
- rates up to 10cents/1MB, less the better ,or the preactivated data bulk available;
- daily data rates less preffered, cause I suppose may be difficult to activate;
- no need to fix it much with the residential proof, etc;
- also microSIM coming soon for iPad would be an advantage.

any idea which prepaid provider to choose for the mentioned or similar requirements ?

Thanks in advance! PM's also welcomed.

--
best regards,
August
Looking into the same thing. Want to take my Android phone with me to Javea in August and not have to turn everything off such as email and navigation and a bit of browsing.
Favouring MasMovil as the coverage map has good coverage around Javea area.
Can you get MasMovil to deliver to the UK or would it be best to get one from ebay?
Also, do these sims expire as we go back to Javea quite often i.e. annually.

Old
  (#34)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 10-06-2010, 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8eaker View Post
Looking into the same thing. Want to take my Android phone with me to Javea in August and not have to turn everything off such as email and navigation and a bit of browsing.
Favouring MasMovil as the coverage map has good coverage around Javea area.
Can you get MasMovil to deliver to the UK or would it be best to get one from ebay?
Also, do these sims expire as we go back to Javea quite often i.e. annually.
You will not be able to get them to deliver to the UK. I am not sure how many genuine sellers there are on ebay, but you may be lucky. Spanish SIM's tend to not be sold on ebay because of the compulsory registration issue. Best is to try and get a MasMovil SIM once when you are here, but the experience of another member on here recently suggested that they are not always easily available.

In terms of coming back again with the same SIM in the future, just remember that on the masMovil SIM you have a minimum obligation to spend 1 euro per month. (This is one of the reasons why personally I prefer the Simyo card that has no minimum spend requirement). On MasMovil, if you do not spend 1 euro in credit, (such as if you are back in the UK), it will just take this from your credit. After your credit gets to zero, you have 90 days to top up the SIM if you want to keep it active, or else it will be blocked for good.

What it boils down to is this. If you are planning on coming back again in 6 months, make sure you have at least 3 euros of credit left before you leave. 1 euro will be charged every month, and after 3 months your credit will go to zero. Once this happens, the clock will start ticking, and you have roughly another 3 months (90 days) to top it up again to reactivate the SIM. During those 3 months you do not need to be paying 1 euro a month (i.e. the account does not go negative).

Old
  (#35)
lios727 (Offline)

Default Movistar pre paid Card - 10-06-2010, 17:52

on a different matter : Movistar sells pre paid sim cards and somehow or other the shop says the normal Internet plans Movistar offers will not fit on this card, but that internet will be billed at 1 eur per mb. He states that my card will not support the same plan a dongle would (for which a separate pre paid card is available). Yet, when they try to sell the plan, they also try to sell you an iphone.
This sounds like absolute nonsense to me; can someone knowledgeable shed light on this ?

this is the plan I want to put on the card:

http://www.tarifas.movistar.es/parti...mium#contratar

Isnt this how it should work? Or does Movistar simply not have pre paid cards with a data plan other then 1 eur per mb ?

Old
  (#36)
lios727 (Offline)

Default 12-06-2010, 14:38

what happened to my post regarding Movistar ? IT was being reveiwed the system said, but I haven't seen it show up

Old
  (#37)
august (Offline)

Default 14-06-2010, 08:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
I think masMovil is the simplest all-round package. [...]
Petkow, thank you for you feedback!

regards,
August

Old
  (#38)
lios727 (Offline)

Default Movistar Internet packages - 14-06-2010, 11:54

Guess my previous post got lost. I have a Movistar Tarjeta, which the salesman in the Movistar shop says cannot be upgraded with a Premium Internet package but can only do data on the 3 euro /day thing.
I want to pay 29 (incl. IVA) for a month of the Premium Plan for my iphone, but he says this is not possible and is only for people with a contract.

I need to know if this is nonsense or not and if there exist prepaid Internet plans; just throwing 3 euro a day at the problem is not my idea of a solution.
Plus, the speed is only 1mbit down if I underatnd him correctly.

Can anyone shed a light on this ?

thanx !

Old
  (#39)
lios727 (Offline)

Default 14-06-2010, 14:51

something weird going with "moderator must approve" as nothing seems to get approved ?

Old
  (#40)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 15-06-2010, 00:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lios727 View Post
something weird going with "moderator must approve" as nothing seems to get approved ?
You seem to be OK with posting now, judging by your 2 posts. Can you not just repost the other that is missing?

Tags
carrefour movil, llamaya movil