PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#51)
cainius (Offline)

Default 07-08-2012, 21:24

Hey guys great read about fonic. I have a question and cant seem to find it anywhere else.

I have been using fonic for a while and love it, but i have a few missed calls and my mailbox got the calls. Every time i call my mailbox (my number) i think it says its not active or set up and hangs up. any clues on how to fix this?

Old
  (#52)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-08-2012, 21:44

You need to insert 33 between the 0176-prefix and your remaining number in order to call your mailbox

If your Fonic number was 0176/39123456 you would need to call 0176/3339123456 for your mailbox.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#53)
cainius (Offline)

Default 07-08-2012, 22:09

thank you for the help. do you know how i can change the language from german to english on the mailbox. i remember T-Mobile were able to do it in the shop but there are no fonic shops here.

Old
  (#54)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-08-2012, 23:29

Try dialing 9 (for Maibox Einstellung/configuration) and then select 5 (Sprachwahl/language selection) in the voice menu. That's at least how you do it works for contract subscribers on o2.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#55)
um98 (Offline)

Default 11-08-2012, 22:50

This is a really helpful thread. A few details that would be great follow. Thanks in advance for the help.

Anyone with recent experience on how many days after activation the mail from Fonic shows up? Was thinking to time the activation with my hotel arrival so they do not refuse it and the sim would get locked.

Is the €5 bonus promotion still valid? Is there a limit to how many "friends" you can have in a month?

Old
  (#56)
Knighta (Offline)

Default FONIC help needed! - 17-08-2012, 10:16

Hello everyone,
I wonder if anyone knows how to fix my problem? I'm in Germany and have a prepaid FONIC sim. It was working fine until I texted a UK number...after that I got an SMS from Fonic saying I had to call their customer service, followed by another SMS that was blank.
Same thing happened to my boyfriend when he texted a UK number.
Now neither of our phones work. Can't text, can't call - useless. It seems the SIMs have been locked or something.
I called customer service from a landline (since my phone isn't working - even to call fonic) and asked if anyone could speak English (my German is pretty basic)...the woman said no but that I'd be called back. I haven't been called back and I'm now stuck with no phone and no way to fix it.
I've still got over 9 euros of credit. I've got a 'my fonic' online account management thing, but there's nothing there about what the problem is.
Suggestions would be very much appreciated!
Thanks!

Old
  (#57)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 17-08-2012, 11:23

Do you happen to have activated your Fonic SIM card with an invalid address? In spring Fonic started sending out confirmation letters shortly after activation. If the letter is undeliverable and thus being returned Fonic will temporarily disable SIM cards until a valid address has been provided.
If this is the case there should be a message on the customer portal saying:
SIM Kartenstatus: "nur erreichbar"
In order to unblock your SIM card call Fonic customer care at 01805-880488, explain them that you are a visitor and give them your current accomodation's address. They won't send out another confirmation letter but unblock your SIM card within minutes.

Old
  (#58)
Knighta (Offline)

Default 17-08-2012, 11:50

a-ha! Thank you, that sounds EXACTLY like what has happened. I used the address of the flat we're staying in for 3 months, but we don't have a key for the mailbox so wouldn't have got the confirmation letter. I'll try calling them again and hopefully can sort it out. Thanks again for the quick response.

Old
  (#59)
Knighta (Offline)

Default 17-08-2012, 11:58

Yes, just spoke to FONIC and they're going to unlock my SIM. Thanks very much, inquisitor!

Old
  (#60)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 18-08-2012, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Do you happen to have activated your Fonic SIM card with an invalid address? In spring Fonic started sending out confirmation letters shortly after activation. If the letter is undeliverable and thus being returned Fonic will temporarily disable SIM cards until a valid address has been provided.
If this is the case there should be a message on the customer portal saying:
SIM Kartenstatus: "nur erreichbar"
In order to unblock your SIM card call Fonic customer care at 01805-880488, explain them that you are a visitor and give them your current accomodation's address. They won't send out another confirmation letter but unblock your SIM card within minutes.
I'm about to buy one Fonic sim from Amazon, but, before buying, I've got a few questions: how many days the delivery of the letter takes? Does that letter contain any important activation info? Can I tell Fonic that I'm a visitor in advance, or do I have to wait until they block my sim?

Thank you.

Tags
fonic, germany