PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
drama queen (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Prepaid Data Czech Republic? - 04-07-2011, 22:45

Has anyone got any recommendations for a Prepaid data SIM in the Czech Republic?

I will be there for 1 week, and do not need voice service - just data SIM. I would need about 40MBytes data per day or around 300MBytes for the week.

How easy is the procedure for obtaining a SIM in Czech Republic? Can I go to any phone shop with my Passport?

Old
  (#2)
Quarath (Offline)

Default 19-07-2011, 13:28

For short visits it's imo best to buy Vodafone divoká karta ("Wild Card") for 200 Kč (= 200 Kč prepaied for voice/sms/data). You can buy it at any Vodafone store or even most supermarkets and you wont need any ID card.
For 300MB limit you will have to choose "Internet naplno" with 600MB FUP (one month) for 315 Kč - so you will need 115 Kč to add to your prepaid card - you can either buy 250 Kč credit at the shop or buy it online at https://dobijeni.vodafone.cz/ (at least 200 Kč).
Then call *077 to activate "Internet naplno"

Old
  (#3)
drama queen (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 25-07-2011, 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarath View Post
For short visits it's imo best to buy Vodafone divoká karta ("Wild Card") for 200 Kč (= 200 Kč prepaied for voice/sms/data). You can buy it at any Vodafone store or even most supermarkets and you wont need any ID card.
For 300MB limit you will have to choose "Internet naplno" with 600MB FUP (one month) for 315 Kč - so you will need 115 Kč to add to your prepaid card - you can either buy 250 Kč credit at the shop or buy it online at https://dobijeni.vodafone.cz/ (at least 200 Kč).
Then call *077 to activate "Internet naplno"
Thanks for this info. However, the MobilnÃ* telefony, tarify, internet a dal?Ã* telekomunika?nÃ* slu?by | Vodafone site doesn't appear to say that the 200Kc card includes data? It mentions Voice/SMS only. How much data does it include?

I opted instead to use a Vodafone Ireland SIM card which offers free roaming across Europe for data. This allowed me to choose any of the networks in Czech Republic, and I was only charged the same rate as in Ireland - 99c per day for 50MB. I used a Meteor (Ireland) SIM for voice, as this offers free incoming voice calls across Europe.