PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
moyaroo (Offline)
Amateur Member

Question Telna vs. Worldsim vs other - 24-03-2010, 14:10

Still in a quandry, I like pre paid service as a concept. Hate the high prices of Mobal and want a dedicated phone for international use. I loan my phone to clients so convenience an reliablility are essential. I have been a Riing/UM user and liked them generally. Used Global Roaming/celtrek for the last year no major complaints other than I have three cards worth . . .

Telna seems like the best overall bet for me right now as Worldsim wants a fortune to issue the card and mail it. I sort of like the dual number stuff, but Telna is supposedly direct dial and my clients are going to be more comfortable with that.

Any user comments? Please.

Old
  (#2)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-03-2010, 14:56

I have a Telna sim as well. I used it last year in Europe and Africa without any problems. You do not get charged besides ther $19/year fee and whatever you use. You may want to checkout the Telna thread for more specific info. It's good to have more than 1 sim though. And just use the one appropriate for your needs in the country you are visiting. Also, there is no 100% guarantee that a sim will work in a country listed on their website. So, good to have backup. My plan was to use my Telna when I go to Jamaica for a week on Sat. However, when I saw Ekit's rate in Jaimaca at $0.19 vs Telna at $0.39 for incoming calls, I got an Ekit sim on Ebay to use, and just use Telna for backup and outgoing calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyaroo View Post
Still in a quandry, I like pre paid service as a concept. Hate the high prices of Mobal and want a dedicated phone for international use. I loan my phone to clients so convenience an reliablility are essential. I have been a Riing/UM user and liked them generally. Used Global Roaming/celtrek for the last year no major complaints other than I have three cards worth . . .

Telna seems like the best overall bet for me right now as Worldsim wants a fortune to issue the card and mail it. I sort of like the dual number stuff, but Telna is supposedly direct dial and my clients are going to be more comfortable with that.

Any user comments? Please.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#3)
easyroam- (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Thumbs up MultiSIM - 27-03-2010, 23:05

All our new MultiSIM cards now have direct dial in the USA.

No connection charge - No daily fee - No expiry of sim card - No expiry of call credit !

www.travelsim.co.uk

Old
  (#4)
easyroam- (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 31-03-2010, 13:05

I was incorrect in my previous statement We planning to having direct dial in the USA within the next couple of months - We also hope to offer porting of UK mobile numbers on to our roaming network.