PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Dani (Offline)

Default Introducing the GlobalSIM - Travel Globally, Pay Locally - 28-12-2010, 08:58

Introducing the GlobalSIM! International, prepaid SIM, available for use in over 175 countries! Free incoming calls in over 80 countries! Check out www.gotglobalsim.com for more info, and ORDER NOW!

Old
  (#2)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 28-12-2010, 10:05

Wonderfull and wow the website really tells us a lot...not.

It's an estionian sim, nice but expensive to call this number and many voip operator will not connect at all.

It's free for life, sounds good, but we have seen many companies come and go in this market so free for life can be free for 1 year if they go out of business. There are not terms or conditions on the website.

Read the small print: For GlobalSIM sales, the sim itself is good for life, however the funds on it expire after 6 months of no activity. So don't put to much credit on this card if you don't use it often.

Old
  (#3)
Dani (Offline)

Default 28-12-2010, 11:12

Yes it is expensive to call Estonia, which is why we offer the USA tollfree number and/or the UK mobile number option. The information regarding these services can be located under "Services" on our website.
Terms and Conditions are on bottom right of each page.
I agree, if you do not use it too often there is no need to add a large amount of funds.

Old
  (#4)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 28-12-2010, 11:51

Perhaps you could just add the charges associated with those gateways onto the Estonian number:
The USA toll-free number has a $10 one-time setup fee and a $0.29 per minute surcharge.
The UK Mobile number has a $10 one-time setup fee and a $0.25 per call surcharge.

What is the format of the UK mobile number? Is it a completely regular UK mobile number (that is treated as inclusive in bundles on other UK mobiles) or is it one from one of the territorial islands? (e.g. Manx)

Old
  (#5)
weekilter (Offline)
Official Member

Default 28-12-2010, 23:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani View Post
Introducing the GlobalSIM! International, prepaid SIM, available for use in over 175 countries! Free incoming calls in over 80 countries! Check out www.gotglobalsim.com for more info, and ORDER NOW!
The question is if Global SIM is in it for the long term. There have been several casualties of such global SIM cards. How are we to be assured that Global SIM is in it for the long haul?

Current SIMs:

T-Mobile US (prepaid)
T-Mobile NL (prepaid)
Fido CA (prepaid)
Orange IL (prepaid)

Old
  (#6)
Dani (Offline)

Default 29-12-2010, 11:32

Petkow - Thanks for adding to the forum the costs etc for the USA and UK numbr. Its a regular UK mobile number so inclusive bundled minutes can be used.
Weekilter - We are definitly in it for the long term. Our company has been around for 10 years already in the cellular rental business, and our supplier for this new product, the GlobalSIM, is the second largest provider in the world of prepaid sims.

Old
  (#7)
Schlips1 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 29-12-2010, 22:53

If based in Estonia (= EU) you may expect to get the EU roaming tariff inside the EU. But this seems not to be the case.
I am wondering, how this is working.

Old
  (#8)
Dani (Offline)

Default 30-12-2010, 13:16

Good question. I checked with my supplier. Apparently for calls this is not the case.

Old
  (#9)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 30-12-2010, 14:29

There are several other similar options out there, with lower rates too. The outgoing rate in all the free countries I checked (except the EU) are insane! As mentioned, the Estonian number is another major negative. Compared to Ekit's UK/USA dual number for example, your rates are not even close. It's a difficult market out there for global sims these days. Good luck!

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#10)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 31-12-2010, 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani View Post
Yes it is expensive to call Estonia, which is why we offer the USA tollfree number and/or the UK mobile number option. The information regarding these services can be located under "Services" on our website.
Terms and Conditions are on bottom right of each page.
I agree, if you do not use it too often there is no need to add a large amount of funds.
Sound nice but still you have to pay around 30 dollarcents.

That said when you go out of business again you have to give people another number.

For that reason it's cheaper to setup your own callforward. You can get a sip local uk numer for free, also some usa numbers. You than use a betamax clone to call a uk mobile number for 5 eurocents and you have a cheap call forward and people can call your fixed number. Whenever the cellphone provider goes out of business, which has proven to be the case the last 5 years, you just get another sim and forward to that number.

I have been doing it like this for several years now and all my fixed numbers are the same. Hence I don't even give my mobile number, people just call me on one of my fixed voip numbers. When at home I answer using my sip phone and when out the call also goed to my mobile. Simple and cheap.

Tags
global sim, international sim cards, sim4travel