PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
JohnDoe

Default 25-04-2009, 11:24

@bobb

I do read what you write, and you write sh.t.

Quote:
Yes it NOW states free postage within the UK. Before it read Free postage so there was no messages this would only apply to the UK. The changed this after I complained about this.
Don´t give me that crap, when you complain all and everything will and is been changed. Sure ... EVEN if they have stated the free postage without saying "just within UK" what do you await? The shipment to the recipient is no typical "Telco" competition, you always have to count with the fact to pay shipping costs. This a absolutely stupid behaviour, to judge on shipping. It says nothing about call quality, about the product quality or even about reliability.

Quote:
As for the mailaddress, don't you find it strange for a company to hide a mailaddress in the terms. When you want to contact a company will you look for the mailaddress in their terms, I don't an I thing 99.9% would not. You go to contact pages and there should be a mailaddress. Ask yourself the question why would they hide a mailaddress in the terms, there must be a reason for that.
No it is not strange, why is it? They have published their e-mail address as the laws and restrictions within the EU requires. Are you one of those guys who jump in every contract without reading the contract or agreement and complaining then "OMG, I have been ripped of!!!"? Read the "Terms & Conditions" and you will find every information you need. Stop stating bullsh.t, get to the ground of the things before you give other peoples advices and tips, it bores the sh.t out of me, to read those comments and unproven stuff.

Quote:
As for registering a domain, read the forum here, you can call it marketing but this type of marketing goes to far. No problem putting a sign on your website saying free exchange but regsitering a competitors domainname 1 letter different is crossing the line and reflect the moral values of this company.
So you are know making the rules for marketing? If UM does have a problem with this, they will let their lawyers have a look after it. But it is not up to YOU to tell others how bad those guys are.

Quote:
And my advice to stay away, this thread started about hidding a daily cost inside the terms. Yes hidding beause that is what sim4travel is doing hidiing things in their terms, email address, daily cost when using the sim. You might find this normal but I like to deal with companies that are honest and open about what they are offering. Hiddin things means you want to screw your customers because you know that 9/10 people alsmost never read the terms, that how it works in real life. sim4travel know this and yes they take advantage of this because the can now charge customers extra. Some might never find out, other when finding it out are pissed and go elsewhere.
You still state things which you have not verified yourself. The fee you mention (daily charge) is not hide in the terms, baby when you write things go after it! The daily connection fee is clearly stated under the rate calculator. So open your eyes.

The e-mail address is published in the "Terms & Conditions", I don´t think that you are now making the rules where things have to stand, the daily costs are to find by the rate calculator, at a frequent place (an info place where you surely find it).

Because of the fact that you don´t read the "T&C" that does not mean that other peoples are so stupid too and for what do they charge extra? They are way cheaper than your recommended TravelSIM. Do you read sometimes what you write in forums?

Quote:
Even when comparing prices it depends a lot on how often you call, do you call only once a day or do you receive more calls that making calls.
So when it depends on the usage profile, HOW can YOU recommend a service which is way more expensive. Your recommendations are unproven and your comments are totally negative driven, without any background.

Quote:
Many calls are less than 1 minute so based on that using easyraom you know what you are paying, using sim4travel you have to do your math.
In you example 300 minutes s4t might be cheaper, what aboput when you only call 50 minutes a month but receive calls every day. Things will look different than. So no you can't say s4t is cheaper or expensive, it depends on how you use it.
What the hell are you writing here? TravelSIM does charge per minute so you always pay one minute even if you are just calling 10 seconds. I see you can't read, did I wrote business use? I still say S4T is way cheaper than TravelSIM, prove me wrong with an example.

Quote:
I repeat myself, stay away from companies that hide things in their terms. The have a reason for doing this, begin not open towards you as a customers. As a customer you than have to ask yourself the question do you really whant to use the service of a company that is trying to hide things
And I repeat myself you give wrong recommendations to guys who look for help and you do not state informations neutral and this disqualifies you as trustworthy knowledge base. Rookie.

Last edited by JohnDoe; 25-04-2009 at 11:29..

Old
  (#12)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-04-2009, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
@bobb

I do read what you write, and you write sh.t.

Don´t give me that crap, when you complain all and everything will and is been changed. Sure ... EVEN if they have stated the free postage without saying "just within UK" what do you await? The shipment to the recipient is no typical "Telco" competition, you always have to count with the fact to pay shipping costs. This a absolutely stupid behaviour, to judge on shipping. It says nothing about call quality, about the product quality or even about reliability.

No it is not strange, why is it? They have published their e-mail address as the laws and restrictions within the EU requires. Are you one of those guys who jump in every contract without reading the contract or agreement and complaining then "OMG, I have been ripped of!!!"? Read the "Terms & Conditions" and you will find every information you need. Stop stating bullsh.t, get to the ground of the things before you give other peoples advices and tips, it bores the sh.t out of me, to read those comments and unproven stuff.

So you are know making the rules for marketing? If UM does have a problem with this, they will let their lawyers have a look after it. But it is not up to YOU to tell others how bad those guys are.

You still state things which you have not verified yourself. The fee you mention (daily charge) is not hide in the terms, baby when you write things go after it! The daily connection fee is clearly stated under the rate calculator. So open your eyes.

The e-mail address is published in the "Terms & Conditions", I don´t think that you are now making the rules where things have to stand, the daily costs are to find by the rate calculator, at a frequent place (an info place where you surely find it).

Because of the fact that you don´t read the "T&C" that does not mean that other peoples are so stupid too and for what do they charge extra? They are way cheaper than your recommended TravelSIM. Do you read sometimes what you write in forums?

So when it depends on the usage profile, HOW can YOU recommend a service which is way more expensive. Your recommendations are unproven and your comments are totally negative driven, without any background.

What the hell are you writing here? TravelSIM does charge per minute so you always pay one minute even if you are just calling 10 seconds. I see you can't read, did I wrote business use? I still say S4T is way cheaper than TravelSIM, prove me wrong with an example.

And I repeat myself you give wrong recommendations to guys who look for help and you do not state informations neutral and this disqualifies you as trustworthy knowledge base. Rookie.
Are you connected to sim4travel in any way? Are you a representative?

Old
  (#13)
JohnDoe

Default 25-04-2009, 12:27

@prion

... I just waited for this question. No I am not involved with S4T, I do not receive money from them and I am not on their payroll.

I don't like unproven and "grapevine" recommendations which are so obviously to rebut.

Old
  (#14)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 25-04-2009, 15:21

Though I'm not offended by swearing, it does seem both lazy and unnecessary, and starts to get boring.

bbob's point is made clearly enough, that for people who on some of their days of use only receive calls, or make only one or two very short outgoing calls, daily use charges will influence a decision which of these to choose

To begin with, the postage issue was not clarified on the website

Note also that the image of the rate chart is not fully shown in all browsers, for example Opera Mini on a phone, the bottom part being truncated and the connection charge not visible.

I'd add a comment that Sim4travel said they'd changed terms and conditions again in January, and had contacted everyone to notify them. For me, this was untrue, and I asked them to send them again; they sent October again.

Something S4T did change in January was to dramatically reduce the number of countries where incoming calls are free, so they are now the roaming SIM with the fewest - only 35, EU plus 8 others, fewer than O2 UK. Also, large increases in their outgoing rates in those countries removed from the free list - now 49p, about double some rivals for some destinations

Last edited by andy; 25-04-2009 at 15:38..

Old
  (#15)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-04-2009, 19:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
Are you connected to sim4travel in any way? Are you a representative?
Prion, Johndoe just has a problem with me and he looks like the kind of person that needs the words he is using, he has been using them in the past so I don't really care, some poeple are just liek that.

@johndoe, Just read Andy's comments I think that says enough.

Old
  (#16)
JohnDoe

Default 25-04-2009, 22:24

@bbob

Prove me wrong and you have my respect, otherwise stay quiet.

@Andy

Cut me off from the forum access if you feel to do so. BUT bbobs statements still stay sh.t.

"bbob's point is made clearly enough, that for people who on some of their days of use only receive calls, or make only one or two very short outgoing calls, daily use charges will influence a decision which of these to choose"

Stay straight, HIS point of view did changed from business to "some" calls after calculating the real costs.

"To begin with, the postage issue was not clarified on the website"

I did saw myself the website on the first day it was launched and it stood "Free shipping", but do you REALLY request the same offer basics for foreign country customers concerning shipping?? Please stay realistic.

"Note also that the image of the rate chart is not fully shown in all browsers, for example Opera Mini on a phone, the bottom part being truncated and the connection charge not visible."

Ok now we are splitting hairs, you may not see by using the Opera Mini, but you also can not complete orders over Opera Mini (missing SSL support) and this will lead you back to a PC browser to complete an order. But this is nonsense to say "u can not see it with Opera Mini" and to blame anybody thats why for hiding any informations.

"I'd add a comment that Sim4travel said they'd changed terms and conditions again in January, and had contacted everyone to notify them. For me, this was untrue, and I asked them to send them again; they sent October again."

I did received their notification about the raise of rates and the change of the Terms&Conditions. For me, it is false to say they have not notified customers.

"Something S4T did change in January was to dramatically reduce the number of countries where incoming calls are free, so they are now the roaming SIM with the fewest - only 35, EU plus 8 others, fewer than O2 UK."

So what? Thats not the point we are talking about. UM did begun to charge the connection fee in that time.

"Also, large increases in their outgoing rates in those countries removed from the free list - now 49p, about double some rivals for some destinations"

Are you kidding? Lets talk about the recommended TravelSIM (a so called rival) average rate for outgoing calls within Europe 36 Pence. Average price charged by S4T 25 Pence. So where is the meaning of your post?

Guys, I don´t care if you are connected to TravelSIM or not, BUT for Christ sake STAY straight with the facts everybody post. In the case of TravelSIM and bobb this means that stop praising the TravelSIM to be the best thing since sliced bread or the raise of Christ from the dead in the Tomb Garden in Jerusalem.

Old
  (#17)
kupe (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 25-04-2009, 23:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
And my advice to stay away, this thread started about hidding a daily cost inside the terms...
Hmmm. I saw the info about their daily cost within about 15 seconds of my first visit to their website. It's right there on the page when you click the "Rates" tab.

And as for their shipping charge, it was clearly displayed when I went to the checkout page. If I felt it unreasonable, I simply would not have proceeded to Checkout.

As it is, I find both the daily fee and shipping reasonable. If one doesn't, then don't buy it.

Who has time to sweat these things like this anyway??

Kupe

Old
  (#18)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-04-2009, 03:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
"I'd add a comment that Sim4travel said they'd changed terms and conditions again in January, and had contacted everyone to notify them. For me, this was untrue, and I asked them to send them again; they sent October again."

I did received their notification about the raise of rates and the change of the Terms&Conditions. For me, it is false to say they have not notified customers.

"Something S4T did change in January was to dramatically reduce the number of countries where incoming calls are free, so they are now the roaming SIM with the fewest - only 35, EU plus 8 others, fewer than O2 UK."

So what? Thats not the point we are talking about. UM did begun to charge the connection fee in that time.

"Also, large increases in their outgoing rates in those countries removed from the free list - now 49p, about double some rivals for some destinations"

Are you kidding? [...] So where is the meaning of your post?
If you're talking about notification of the daily charge, which is where the thread started, that was actually in September to start in October, not in January.

They say they changed conditions and tariffs again in January, notifying all customers, but certainly not me and 3 other people I spoke to, and for example a call from Egypt or Australia or South Africa or plenty of other places went up from 25p to 49p

Despite your claim you weren't talking about the loss of free incoming in several countries, actually you did compare average costs between 2 SIM cards, and the fact that one virtually doubled many of its outgoing tariffs might just be germane, especially when you maintain its average call rate is 25p, which is now untrue as that rate only applies in about 30 countries.

From at least 20 countries, a one minute S4T outgoing call per day which until early October cost 25p now costs 88p, a 250% increase. And that's with rivals costing 23 or 25p or 29c. A 3 minute call from Australia to a UK landline would cost £1.86 with S4T if the only call in a day, £1.80 with O2 UK contract, typically about £1 or €1 on other roaming SIMs.

Hurl abuse or ridicule all you like, but I wasn't joking

Old
  (#19)
Grampa (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 26-04-2009, 07:35

A short while ago, I was trying to get to United Mobile's website through Google, and was directed to www.unltedmobile.com. If this is the company that tried to get my business by deceiving me, that's all I need to know about them.

Old
  (#20)
JohnDoe

Default 26-04-2009, 07:50

@Andy

Quote:
If you're talking about notification of the daily charge, which is where the thread started, that was actually in September to start in October, not in January.
And? It was never about notifications and when they have notified who??? So what do you want to tell me?

Anyway, I did received the notification about raise of minute costs, the cut of free free roaming and got the notification about the daily charge.

Quote:
They say they changed conditions and tariffs again in January, notifying all customers, but certainly not me and 3 other people I spoke to, and for example a call from Egypt or Australia or South Africa or plenty of other places went up from 25p to 49p
The statements was the whole time about the costs within Europe as you can see the post from Is129, it was all about "I am travelling a lot through Europe" and "I use the SIM on a daily basis". So why are you now bringing in an aspect which does not touch in any thinkable way Europe???

Quote:
Despite your claim you weren't talking about the loss of free incoming in several countries, actually you did compare average costs between 2 SIM cards, and the fact that one virtually doubled many of its outgoing tariffs might just be germane, especially when you maintain its average call rate is 25p, which is now untrue as that rate only applies in about 30 countries.
Yes, because we just spoke about Europe?!?! Did you read the thread?

Quote:
From at least 20 countries, a one minute S4T outgoing call per day which until early October cost 25p now costs 88p, a 250% increase. And that's with rivals costing 23 or 25p or 29c. A 3 minute call from Australia to a UK landline would cost £1.86 with S4T if the only call in a day, £1.80 with O2 UK contract, typically about £1 or €1 on other roaming SIMs.
I don´t give a f.ck for the change in the rest of the world. We never talked about the rest of the world. If I would go for that then I did use the Estonian TravelSIM for inbound calls in Uruguay because they charge 13 Eurocent, where S4T charges 79 Pence.

... I know that objectivity is not so easy budy, but you should have guts to pay respect when its obviously necessary ..., and now go ahead and do what you think you have to do

Last edited by JohnDoe; 26-04-2009 at 07:58..