PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Closed Thread

Old
  (#1)
arnold (Offline)

Default Best Wholesale Reselling Company [merged threads] - 24-04-2009, 17:01

Hello to all the forum members,
We are looking for establish a world SIM service, we are ready to commit for big scales, can anyone recommend some companies that can make for us full turnkey solution.
Thanks in advance,
Andy

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 24-04-2009, 17:33

Rather than ignore what is written here so far, and do little more than invite catalogues of spam posts by networks and resellers, why not read about all the various providers, then make your mind up yourself?

Your research looks a bit thin on the ground so far, considering your location, as there are some firms you should already know something about

Old
  (#3)
arnold (Offline)

Default I should rephrase my request - 24-04-2009, 17:58

Thanks Tony and Andy, maybe I should rephrase my request, we are looking for turnkey from MVNO/MNO (we want to create service like TravelSim )….

Old
  (#4)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 24-04-2009, 19:00

Well, most of the global SIM providers seem to have brought several elements together themselves rather than purchased the whole thing off the shelf - SIM card with roaming agreements, switches, carriers to connect the calls, back office and billing systems ...

So I think you have a choice between doing this development work yourselves, or becoming a reseller for an existing platform; despite your comment it sounds more like the latter to me. Or perhaps even look at a whole set-up as a prospective buyer or new investor. Maybe it depends how many customers you expect to have.

Old
  (#5)
jhanlon (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-04-2009, 19:03

Looks to me like UnitedMobile might be for sale ... see seperate thread.

Old
  (#6)
kupe (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 24-04-2009, 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon View Post
Looks to me like UnitedMobile might be for sale...
LOL you may be right!

Kupe

Old
  (#7)
albino (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 25-04-2009, 00:18

I have a couple of pennies burning a hole in my pocket Perhaps with a prepaidgsm coop here we could fill the piggy bank for a buyout?

Old
  (#8)
LBarouf (Offline)
Official Member

Default 05-05-2009, 07:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnold View Post
Thanks Tony and Andy, maybe I should rephrase my request, we are looking for turnkey from MVNO/MNO (we want to create service like TravelSim )….
Well, beside reusing an MVNO/MVNE agreement in place, there's no real turn-key solution. Find a MNO that has a flexible MVNO agreement, that lets you tap to their SS7 network (ah! maybe a desperate MNO, easier said than done) and buy the HLR solutions from BlueSlice. Obviously you need an MNO that has tons of roaming agreements with most countries and networks. WIND/JT was one, wonder how reliable they are now, and how their pricing is (something tells me they introduced termination fees, increased their SMS fees also, etc).

Vodafone has a nice solution, they forward you the CDRs/SDRs (billing records) frequently instead of taping on the SS7 network directly. This could be a nice alternative. But you still need your own billing platform.

My advise, if you have the funds, stick to a world class MNO, offer less features to get you started and be cheap, rather than use 3rd world MNOs that just want your cash and offer shit service. With a proper to open quickly the CDRs, you can prevent fraud and offer great service. Once cash flow starts, you could add more features from the portal or in wireless services.

My 2 cents.

P.S: United Mobile did buy the BlueSlice ngHLR platform, maybe it's for sale now!

Old
  (#9)
pg-tel (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Best Wholesale Reselling Company - 11-06-2009, 09:41

Good Day,

Can anyone recommend the best company that offer wholesale whitelableing?

Thanks

Old
  (#10)
pg-tel (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 11-06-2009, 10:17

Thanks, what is the setup cost? Will the minutes be inclusive of uk network contract miinutes or will they be billed extra when calling the roam sim?

Closed Thread