PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#121)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 09-04-2010, 09:08

No need for credit card. Maybe some guy in Italy has a similar number, went to a Tabacchi to refill his number but told the clerk a wrong one, yours, and refilled you

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#122)
kostyas (Offline)

Default 23-06-2010, 20:55

Hi everyone,

Does it still take a couple of days to activate a Wind SIM in Italy? My wife bought one in Venice yesterday (>24hrs) and she says she can't use it to call Canada. There's some Italian announcement when she does that but she speaks no Italian whatsoever. She went to the store today again but they said there's nothing they can do.

Is this normal? Does she need to do anything (except waiting)? I gave her all the plan printouts (Super Senza Scatto + Call Your Country option) and codice fiscale to show it to the clerk so I assume this has been taken care of.

Thanks!

Old
  (#123)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 23-06-2010, 21:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostyas View Post
Hi everyone,

Does it still take a couple of days to activate a Wind SIM in Italy? My wife bought one in Venice yesterday (>24hrs) and she says she can't use it to call Canada. There's some Italian announcement when she does that but she speaks no Italian whatsoever. She went to the store today again but they said there's nothing they can do.

Is this normal? Does she need to do anything (except waiting)? I gave her all the plan printouts (Super Senza Scatto + Call Your Country option) and codice fiscale to show it to the clerk so I assume this has been taken care of.

Thanks!
Took less than an hour the last time I activated a wind SIM. Is there enough money in the acct?

Old
  (#124)
kostyas (Offline)

Default 23-06-2010, 22:19

Thanks BLC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
Took less than an hour the last time I activated a wind SIM. Is there enough money in the acct?
Well, I assume the starting package would include some prepaid time (EUR5 or so) and since Canada's Call Your Country rate is only .20 it should be fine for decent conversation.

Old
  (#125)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 24-06-2010, 09:44

Usually it's very fast, but if you are unlucky it could take also a couple of days, but it's really rare. Just bad luck

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#126)
kostyas (Offline)

Default 24-06-2010, 15:43

Thank you Effendi!

Old
  (#127)
kostyas (Offline)

Default 24-06-2010, 18:06

Well, it took about 2 days but eventually it did get activated thanks for reassurance everyone!

Old
  (#128)
ca-uk (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 25-06-2010, 22:17

so, i saw a big shop with WIND all over it and went in and bought a WIND sim card

i went armed with a codice fiscale (from the website linked to on here), my passport and i asked for the 'mega unlimited' package to be activated. now, the lady in the shop spoke no english, so all i know is i now have a sim card, and i paid them 30 euros.

i've popped it in my windows mobile, which is 3g and unlocked, and at the moment it still says "no service" so i assume the sim is not yet active. do i need to do anything to activate it? from what she was saying i did pick up the terms 'day' 'free' and 'special offer' - so i believe that i bought the card with enough credit for the 'mega unlimited' plan to be applied when the card is activated?

thanks!

Old
  (#129)
ca-uk (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 26-06-2010, 10:57

right - i'm active and i've managed to log in to my wind online account and can see that i have the option activated.

one question - i get disconnected after a minute or so - and then i cannot reconnect for a long time (even though i have full signal) - this is the same whether i access via my dongle, or via my windows mobile.

i am using apn internet.wind with telephone number *99# and no username/password. does anyone else experience this? is it because although 'active' i am not yet fully active?

Old
  (#130)
ocular (Offline)

Default 28-06-2010, 07:51

just done the same thing, bought a wind sim card and went with the mega unlimited, which means 10GB over 30 days.

I am in the centre of Rome, had to go to two wind shops to process the deal, the first didn't want my business, as I we couldn't communicate, next wind shop 500m down the road was very helpful.

Didn't have a CF, they just took details of passport, but my card and mega unlimited cost 35 euros as they said they didn't have any 20 euro packs, only 25 euro packs. Also there is some deal on the moment where you get 50% free credit.

However it takes 24 hrs for the card to be activated and you get about 4 sms in the process. dial *123# shows credit of 17.50 euros now. Initially I could only connect for 30 secs , but all this is better now that the sim is fully activated.

Works well via HTC touch pro win 6.5 mobile as a modem, have a Australian "3" E160 USB dongle (unlocked). But can't get online with it even with APN internet.wind

Have downloaded the generic "Mobile Partner" dashboard connection software for the USB Dongle so I don't use the Australian 3 connection software but still get an error saying can't connect without registering a network. I would like to get this dongle working with the wind sim. The E160 dongle has obviously been a previous dongle of Winds as it shows up if "E160" search is done on Wind

Not sure if I get rid of the Australian 3 firmware from the unlocked E160 dongle and find a generic replacement then the card will register on the network. I might first try the software "easy wind connect" a link a found on this forum- it list the E160 as suitable. I would be grateful for any tips on how to get my Australian "3" E160 dongle to work. I should be out making the most of the sites of Rome rather then downloading software and flashing a USB dongle.

Tags
3 ita, tim, vodafone it, wind it