PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 08-03-2011, 20:28

my abroadband - abroadband.com
They say:
abroadband products are available in the online shop. Benefit from fast delivery and secure payment options - 24 hours a day.
Shipping within the EU (incl. Switzerland).

Old
  (#32)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 08-03-2011, 23:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
my abroadband - abroadband.com
They say:
abroadband products are available in the online shop. Benefit from fast delivery and secure payment options - 24 hours a day.
Shipping within the EU (incl. Switzerland).
They seem to say different things in diff. places.
Quote from website:
====
Fast delivery with DHL
We will send your abroadband package by standard parcel post. Choose express delivery to have your abroadband package delivered more quickly. You can order abroadband easily online – 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. Benefit from our advantages when ordering online.
===========
This implies anywhere in the world.
==========
===========
Elsewhere on site:
===============
What requirements are there for online orders?

Orders may be made by all persons aged 18 or older. Deliveries can be sent to the following countries: my abroadband - abroadband.com
=======================
When you click on that link about deliveries: It gives you a list of the 53 countries where they offer service.

My point is: They obviously aren't ready for prime time. Why would they have a product that is useful to people all over the world - who travel - but make it difficult to buy! They didn't even answer their phone during business hours. Don't even have a recording that could at least say "Please call back later".

So far, haven't seen a post anywhere about/from someone who has used this product -- Not even on their Facebook page.

....mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#33)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 09-03-2011, 07:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
They seem to say different things in diff. places.
Quote from website:
====
Fast delivery with DHL
We will send your abroadband package by standard parcel post. Choose express delivery to have your abroadband package delivered more quickly. You can order abroadband easily online – 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. Benefit from our advantages when ordering online.
===========
This implies anywhere in the world.
==========
===========
Elsewhere on site:
===============
What requirements are there for online orders?

Orders may be made by all persons aged 18 or older. Deliveries can be sent to the following countries: my abroadband - abroadband.com
=======================
When you click on that link about deliveries: It gives you a list of the 53 countries where they offer service.

My point is: They obviously aren't ready for prime time. Why would they have a product that is useful to people all over the world - who travel - but make it difficult to buy! They didn't even answer their phone during business hours. Don't even have a recording that could at least say "Please call back later".

So far, haven't seen a post anywhere about/from someone who has used this product -- Not even on their Facebook page.

....mike

The text in english is a bit misunderstanding.
In german its very clear:

They offer roaming service in 53 countries, thats the country list you referred to.
They are shipping to the EU and switzerland only. This is quite common for online shops here as within EU they can be sure to be hassle free with customs and delivery times.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#34)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-03-2011, 13:21

BTW, i've just received the sim ordered last sunday. I'm going to try it

Old
  (#35)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-03-2011, 13:45

Very good so let us know the result of the test . I guess you are trying in Italy, also regarding the voip through skype or any sip.

Old
  (#36)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-03-2011, 14:01

A speed test: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1192327498.png (i can get speeds just like the customers of Vodafone IT. Usually, in roaming, you get slower speeds than your home network. good )
In general, navigation is fast and you can see your usage in real-time in the Cost Manager on the website. The first time you get online you have to register the sim, and then wait for 2-3 mins to get the sim activated. Then you can surf the web as you do with any internet key.

For Skype, which version should I try? PC or Android?

@mingelli: yes, in province of Milan.

Old
  (#37)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-03-2011, 15:31

You can try it on both PC and Android if you can and check out the connection quality and amount of data used and charged then in account management per minute. Ciao Grazie

Old
  (#38)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-03-2011, 16:11

Tux -
We will be waiting for your review. What kind of delivery option did you use? I am thinking of using the "express" (DHL) option and gamble by having them send it to our hotel in Spain. How long did it take for you to get the order?
How does the billing work? Do you set up an account on line after you get it? They say, somewhere, they warn you if your bill hits 60 Euros.
I definitely would be interested in knowing how it works with Skype. Our primary use would be for Voice. Would like to know the data usage when making a voice call.

Chris -
You said lots of online sellers only want to sell within the EU. That makes no sense for a product like this that is meant to be used by "outsiders". I have ordered 2 or 3 SIMS from Europe in the past with no problem. After all, they provide the ability to use it everywhere from Israel, to the U.S. to Australia. If I want to buy it to use the next time we go to Israel, I can't buy it here or or there.
I offered to "hold them harmless" if they ship it here and it gets stopped because of customs. Never got a response.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#39)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-03-2011, 18:00

@snidely:
I used standard delivery; they always use DHL, even for the standard method. I ordered the sim on Sunday 6th afternoon, they shipped my sim on Monday and I got the sim this morning.
The billing works in this way: after you register the sim, every 14 days they generate a bill which you pay with your debit/credit card or with PayPal (I use PayPal), but only if you surfed the web. You are debited per kB.
After you have put the sim into the internet key (and have configured the dashboard for the internet key), you just open the browser and you are automatically redirected to an abroadband page where you have to put your invoice number, your details and the payment method.
They are obliged to advise you when you reach 60€ of traffic because of the European legislation. I don't know if they block internet for the remaining days of billing, but I think they do.

By the way, I've just tried a Skype-to-Skype call of about 2 minutes between 2 PCs, and I've been debited 0.66€ (1.05MB). The quality of the voice is quite perfect

Here in Italy they use Vodafone, and where I live Vodafone has an average speed of about 3Mbps in download and 1.50Mbps in upload. Navigation, so, is quite fast. But this depends on the traffic on the BTS you are connected. The ping is about 130ms, but i didn't notice a significant delay in voice calls.

IMHO this is a good service

Last edited by tux; 09-03-2011 at 18:29..

Old
  (#40)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-03-2011, 20:00

Tux -
Thanks for quick reply. Why pay the extra amount if they ship DHL on "standard". We would use it with a Blackberry using UMA over wifi. We would insert the SIM into a Zoom We3G 4520 Radio Modem. Abroadband said it should set up automatically. This generates a wifi signal within a 10 meter radius. While mainly for voice, might use it with an Ipad to dl Google Maps.
Am disappointed you only got 2 min./mb. They claimed on their web site that with Skype you would get 4 min. Still would pay to use for voice in some circumstances.
One good deal is there is no monthly fee. You just need to use it once a year to stay active.
I wonder if Skype to Skype burns more or less than "Skype to phone"? Hmm. Unfortunately, I would guess less.

Thanks again.

...mike