Default Some Wind Questions - 24-03-2010, 07:30

Hi, I have a few questions about Wind.

For the Tariff Plans

The Wind Website lists
Wind 9 Limited Edition 9cent calls / 9cent sms
Wind 5 5cent call / 5cent sms
Super Senza Scatto 17 cent calls / 12 cent sms
Wind 12 12cent calls / 15cent sms

Only Super Senza Scatto and Wind 12 are listed here PrePaidGSM: Wind (Italy)
Are the other deals (Wind 9 Limited Edition and Wind 5) available?

Wind 5 sounds the cheapest for calls and sms, and Wind 9 doesn't sound too bad either - is there a catch?

Also, what is the setup fee € 0.16 listed for Wind12 here: PrePaidGSM: Wind (Italy)
Do you have to pay that as well for every call? Or is that a once off activation fee?

And how to you go on a plan? Do you have to ask for one when you buy the card?

Call Your Country

This Wind web page lists calls to Australia (zone 5) as 30 cents / minute (Although, when I opened the link to the PDF Brochure, Australia is not listed in zone 5, but Rest of the World.)

And then I came across this Wind web page, advertising the same offer, but the details are slightly different. It lists Australia at 20cents / minute

I don't know if I one of these were old? And I came across it by mistake? - opened the pages from google via the 'translate' link.

Also here PrePaidGSM: Wind (Italy) the Call Your Country details has Australia (under Rest of the World) listed as € 1.00.

Can anyone confirm what is the correct pricing for calls to Australia with "Call Your Country" activated?

Old
  (#2)
luliolox

Default 24-03-2010, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by luliolox View Post
Hi, I have a few questions about Wind.

For the Tariff Plans

The Wind Website lists
Wind 9 Limited Edition 9cent calls / 9cent sms
Wind 5 5cent call / 5cent sms
Super Senza Scatto 17 cent calls / 12 cent sms
Wind 12 12cent calls / 15cent sms

Only Super Senza Scatto and Wind 12 are listed here PrePaidGSM: Wind (Italy)
Are the other deals (Wind 9 Limited Edition and Wind 5) available?

Wind 5 sounds the cheapest for calls and sms, and Wind 9 doesn't sound too bad either - is there a catch?

Also, what is the setup fee € 0.16 listed for Wind12 here: PrePaidGSM: Wind (Italy)
Do you have to pay that as well for every call? Or is that a once off activation fee?

[/B]

Okay, I've re-read the Wind Site. The three plans Wind 5, Wind 9 and Wind 12 all charge a connection fee for each call:

Connection fee 16 cents. Charging in increments every 30 seconds.

What does Charging in increments every 30 seconds, mean?

Plan "Super Senza Scatto" has no connection fee. So would that work out to be the cheapest / better plan to get?

Old
  (#3)
beppe_bl (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 24-03-2010, 14:06

Quote:
Okay, I've re-read the Wind Site. The three plans Wind 5, Wind 9 and Wind 12 all charge a connection fee for each call:

Connection fee 16 cents. Charging in increments every 30 seconds.

What does Charging in increments every 30 seconds, mean?

Plan "Super Senza Scatto" has no connection fee. So would that work out to be the cheapest / better plan to get?
The calls are billed 30/30, so you pay 2,5 (wind5), 4,5 (wind9) or 6 (wind12) cents every 30 seconds (ie: wind9, 1 minute e 15 seconds call: 16 cents (set-up fee) + 4,5 cents (first 30 seconds) + 4,5 cents (second 30 seconds) +4,5 cents (for the remaining 15 seconds) = 29,5 cents)

Super senza scatto has no set-up fee and is 1/1 billed, so should be a better deal, but only you know your calls (how many e how long)

Wind5 has a 5 euro monthly fee

Old
  (#4)
luliolox

Default 24-03-2010, 14:52

Thanks for the reply, and explanation beppe! I understand the charging in increments now.

So Wind5 - 1min 15sec call:
16 + 2.5 (first 30) + 2.5 (second 30) + 2.5 (remaining 15 secs) = 23.5
Or 4min... 16 + (2.5 x 8 ) = 36
Super Senza Scatto 4min .... 17x4 = 68

Old
  (#5)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 25-03-2010, 16:14

With Wind5 you also have to add € 5.00 per month. It's good only if you make long calls. For short calls the Super Senza Scatto is much better.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#6)
luliolox

Default 25-03-2010, 17:05

Thanks Effendi, I think Super Senza Scatto sounds like the right one.

Old
  (#7)
luliolox

Default 25-03-2010, 17:16

Quote:

Call Your Country

This Wind web page lists calls to Australia (zone 5) as 30 cents / minute (Although, when I opened the link to the PDF Brochure, Australia is not listed in zone 5, but Rest of the World.)

And then I came across this Wind web page, advertising the same offer, but the details are slightly different. It lists Australia at 20cents / minute

I don't know if I one of these were old? And I came across it by mistake? - opened the pages from google via the 'translate' link.

Also here PrePaidGSM: Wind (Italy) the Call Your Country details has Australia (under Rest of the World) listed as € 1.00.

Can anyone confirm what is the correct pricing for calls to Australia with "Call Your Country" activated?
Think I'll just go with the 20cent one, it sounds much better then 1 euro!

But yeah, I think the first link I came across might have been an old one. Because I haven't come across it again, only the 20cent one, and i've been clicking around the site a lot.

Old
  (#8)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-03-2010, 07:29

It's 20 cent. They changed the Call Your Country Option many times, not it's this one:
Wind - Privati - Call Your Country

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#9)
luliolox

Default 26-03-2010, 09:40

Yippee! Amazing, thank you. That's such a good rate!

Old
  (#10)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-03-2010, 10:37

Yes, it's good, but remember that there's a 15 cent connection fee to add and calls are billed at 60 seconds increments. So 1 second or 60 seconds will cost 35 cents, while 61 will cost 55 and so on...