PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Lightbulb SaverSim and Wizz - 16-01-2009, 08:08

A new international simcard :P

( http://www.wizzairsaversim.com/doc/price_comparison.pdf )

powered by SaverSim - Save up to 70% on mobile calls! :P

Prefix +44 7624 IoM

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#2)
stefandim (Offline)

Default 16-01-2009, 08:20

Unfortunately, this one is also with fair use policy in the terms.

Quote:
11 Fair use Policy
Bruin Communications operates a fair usage policy for its SaverSIM® product in relation to inbound calls. If inbound calls exceed outbound by a ratio of 4 to 1 then a charge of 20 eurocents per minute will apply. If misuse continues to occur Bruin reserves the right to disconnect users.

Old
  (#3)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 16-01-2009, 09:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefandim View Post
Unfortunately, this one is also with fair use policy in the terms.

Ok, this is not for me... my ratio is 15:1

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#4)
WooF (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 16-01-2009, 13:24

I have just looked at there outbound call charges, WOW - very expensive.
Also there call cost calculator is not showing any inbound charges!
Its the same sort of this like ekit. Cheep sims with high call charges and crazy t&c's

Old
  (#5)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 16-01-2009, 13:52

Call rates are ok in Europe, and most mobiles same as landlines. I haven't checked a lot yet but from USA to UK is €1.90 incl. VAT. You're right that not displaying incoming rates is a bit odd.

I don't think much of their contact phone numbers.

This 0844 costs 5 pence a minute from UK landlines, typically 20 or 25 pence from many UK mobiles. On its own that won't worry foreign callers of course, but perhaps this firm simply don't realise that it is difficult or impossible to call +44844 from a number of countries abroad, unless using a fairly small number of callthrough providers.

and 070 for a fax number? Bound to be seen in a poor light. 50 pence or more per minute from the UK. Two of the most prominent uses of +4470 numbers are in free advert newspapers and spammer/fraudsters diverting them to certain countries' mobiles.

Old
  (#6)
Roscoe232 (Offline)

Default All the answers you need! - 03-02-2009, 15:13

Hi there all

let me respond to your issues raised here. I am one of the directors of SaverSIM who did the deal with Wizz Air to offer the Wizz SaverSIM.

1) General charges - ours are the lowest in the EU. Simple as that. It is just €0.28 (INC VAT) to call a landline or a mobile anywhere in the EU and Switzerland. SMS/Texts are a set low price of €0.38 (INC VAT) too! Outside of the EU we are generally 40-80% less (except in the US)
2) Inbound charges - it is totally free to receive calls in the EU, Switzerland, China, UAE, Australia, Egypt, Israel etc and every single one of our inbound charges are less than our competitors. There will be a PDF explaining which countries are free shortly AND the calculator will work it out automatically too within next few days. We are a new company and haven't finished everything yet!
3) Fair Use policy - this is exactly that. We cannot provide a service that makes us no money! BUT it doesn't mean after every 4 calls inbound you are charged for them, just that over a period of time if the inbound so heavily outweigh the outbound we have to charge. We had a customer who took 1500 inbound minutes for free and made 3 outbound! WE would go out of business if we allowed that.
4) We have customers all over the world - in over 35 countries - and this is because unlike may of our competitors we have NO subscriptions, no connection charges, no hidden charges at all and the money on the card doesn't expire. We want to be honest and provide a great service with no catches.
Please email me directly (rsampson@bruincommunications.com) if you have queries or post here!

Regards

Ross Sampson

Old
  (#7)
Roscoe232 (Offline)

Default 03-02-2009, 15:14

Please check my reply on the site!

Old
  (#8)
JohnDoe

Default 03-02-2009, 17:20

Hi Roscoe232,

you wrote:

Quote:
1) General charges - ours are the lowest in the EU. Simple as that. It is just €0.28 (INC VAT) to call a landline or a mobile anywhere in the EU and Switzerland. SMS/Texts are a set low price of €0.38 (INC VAT) too! Outside of the EU we are generally 40-80% less (except in the US)
... relax and take a deep breath, on your PDF sheet are prices shown in GBP 0,28 for outbound calls within Europe. The cost calculator shows the prices now in Euro with an amount of 0,24 without VAT.

To be honest that´s no big thing ... I do outbound calls within Europe to Europe for 0,0816 Euro including VAT to mobile numbers ... so relax. Most of the readers of this forum know the secrets of this market and your SMS prices are a rip of ... I do send SMS from my mobile to other mobiles worldwide for 0,018 Euro including VAT.

Old
  (#9)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-02-2009, 17:28

My two (U.S.) cents. Out going rates, at least from l1st world countries) seem to be quite reasonable.
Problem - as w. all other providers who offer IOM, Estonia, Lichtenstein etc. numbers, it is expensive to call a +4476 (IOM). From the U.S. it is 32 to 38 cents/min. via most lD carriers. There are a couple that charge the same rate as to a "regular" +44 mobile - about 22-25 cents/min. This is obviously a lot cheaper than calling Estonia or LIcht.
Since the outgoing rates are so reasonable, there would be no reason to think of using a callback service.

A question for Ross et al - it appears your company gets no part of the money generated for your underlying IOM carrier. These carriers should be willing to share in the profits generated by incoming calls. Obviously they don't, which is why you (and others) make sure outgoing calls are made.

Outside lst world countries this service is quite expensive - at least on outgoing calls. Incoming rates aren't posted yet.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#10)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-02-2009, 17:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
My two (U.S.) cents. Out going rates, at least from l1st world countries) seem to be quite reasonable.
Problem - as w. all other providers who offer IOM, Estonia, Lichtenstein etc. numbers, it is expensive to call a +4476 (IOM). From the U.S. it is 32 to 38 cents/min. via most lD carriers. There are a couple that charge the same rate as to a "regular" +44 mobile - about 22-25 cents/min. This is obviously a lot cheaper than calling Estonia or LIcht.
Since the outgoing rates are so reasonable, there would be no reason to think of using a callback service.
Whun using service like voicetrading.com or future-nine.com calls to +4479 or 76 will only cost you $ 0.14 per minute on the premium route.

If you you want to make it your callers easyier, setup a did number an forward the calls to your +44 number. You will pay the $ 0.14 per minute forwarding cost and they can call you on a regular US number

Tags
saversim, wizz saversim