Old
  (#51)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 02-08-2010, 21:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I'd be surprised if that UK number was a mobile number as described; perhaps it's a personal number, costing rather more to call it than to mobiles
Andy, I am told that it is in fact a mobile number (+44-752).

Old
  (#52)
Grampa (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 02-08-2010, 22:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSimCard View Post
Thanks for pointing out that error, it has been fixed in the database. The cost is 29c/min, not 35c/min, through any common access number.
That's good news, as I just received the card.

I noticed one other error, however. When you hold your cursor over the "Please select a country" drop-down menu, the explanatory text still says the surcharge is 35c.

Old
  (#53)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 03-08-2010, 17:38

Thank you again, that will be updated. Needless to say, we sometimes miss updating parts of the site when there is a rate change. Feel free to PM me if you have any other corrections or suggestions for the website.

I also encourage you to post back here with your experience once you start using our service.

Old
  (#54)
Grampa (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 04-08-2010, 02:38

I've been testing it out as far as I can do in the U.S without spending any money.

So far, it works as advertised. Inbound calls ring and outbound calls receive a ring back relatively quickly. Inbound text messages get delivered quickly. I particularly like that there are several methods to set up and listen to voicemail without spending any money. And one of the best features is the email-to-sms gateway that allows anyone to send me a text using email, with no cost to receive.

Obviously the real test will be later, when I'm traveling.

Old
  (#55)
junaidiegale (Offline)

Angry The worst Telecom Onesimcard - 08-11-2011, 19:04

Hi,

I became a member of Onesimcard after United Mobile went into administration back in April and used their offer to replace my simcard.

Received Onesimcard and had no joy at all to date, I was travelling around the world given the number to my clients and could NOT remember the Onesimcard incoming once, till one day a client called me on my UK sim and said "You gave me a wrong number", shocked... I've been calling you and couldn't get connection...

Tried to contact Onesimcard ... no one is available... send them an email ... no response... I thought did they went into administration too???...Nope... Keep on reading...

Finally I had the chance to locate someone in the online live chat... who advised me to send the simcard back for a replacement since he could not call me or make a diagnose via his system...

I sent it back ... waited over 8 weeks ... No response ... I called them today and spoke with someone named NATALA ...

She said sir no post is here ... to get a replacement you need to pay for it...

Finally it boiled down to Natala advising me to walk away from Onesimcard if I'm not happy with the service... I asked her, is that the best you can do...she hanged up the phone on me... I Voted Onesimcard the Worst GSM Sim Card in the world...

Don't buy it or use their services...

Regards

Old
  (#56)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-11-2011, 19:14

This is not directed exactly at OneSimCard - based on the number of posts here regarding some of these international sim companies, it just seems like some are really struggling in this dwindling market, and their profit margins (if any) are somewhat reduced, and hence the reason for being a little tight. At least IMHO. I must add though, when I had OneSimcard briefly, I did not have any problems with them.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#57)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 08-11-2011, 21:03

Junaid,

You received from us a FREE international SIM card with a FREE $10 balance for sending us your old United Mobile SIM card. This was back in June 2010. There is only 1 call in your call detail records, also in June 2010. There were no outgoing call attempts or any other incoming calls or SMS sent. As of April 2011, you have a $0 balance on your SIM card.

Not remembering your phone number is certainly not a valid complaint. You also have the ability to add UK numbers (and numbers in other countries) to your SIM card and could have forwarded all calls from your existing UK mobile number to your SIM.

If you shipped us back your OneSimCard SIM for some reason, then you should have sent it via a trackable shipping method, not via regular air mail that can easily be lost in transit. We do offer customers a discount on ordering a new SIM card if they lose their existing one for any reason.

We provide many ways to contact us for support: by phone, SMS, live chat, and through our online ticket system (which you used twice in the past to ask questions before sending us your United Mobile SIM).

We do advise you to use a different provider moving forward.

Thank you.

Old
  (#58)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 08-11-2011, 21:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
This is not directed exactly at OneSimCard - based on the number of posts here regarding some of these international sim companies, it just seems like some are really struggling in this dwindling market, and their profit margins (if any) are somewhat reduced, and hence the reason for being a little tight. At least IMHO. I must add though, when I had OneSimcard briefly, I did not have any problems with them.
Hi Bossman, we are in fact doing very well and have been experiencing tremendous yearly growth. Regarding the previous poster it is not that we are "tight" at all, he is simply unreasonable and only takes up our resources while, to date, not spending 1 cent on our service.

Thank you for your past business and hopefully you will come back again if you can benefit from our service in the future.

Old
  (#59)
junaidiegale (Offline)

Default 08-11-2011, 22:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSimCard View Post
Junaid,

You received from us a FREE international SIM card with a FREE $10 balance for sending us your old United Mobile SIM card. This was back in June 2010. There is only 1 call in your call detail records, also in June 2010. There were no outgoing call attempts or any other incoming calls or SMS sent. As of April 2011, you have a $0 balance on your SIM card.

Not remembering your phone number is certainly not a valid complaint. You also have the ability to add UK numbers (and numbers in other countries) to your SIM card and could have forwarded all calls from your existing UK mobile number to your SIM.

If you shipped us back your OneSimCard SIM for some reason, then you should have sent it via a trackable shipping method, not via regular air mail that can easily be lost in transit. We do offer customers a discount on ordering a new SIM card if they lose their existing one for any reason.

We provide many ways to contact us for support: by phone, SMS, live chat, and through our online ticket system (which you used twice in the past to ask questions before sending us your United Mobile SIM).

We do advise you to use a different provider moving forward.

Thank you.
--------------------------------

Not remembering what? my number? How did this come about and when have I ever said I don't remember my number? perhaps you are trying to create something to undermine the truth and the bad experience I have had with dodgy Onesimcard network.

If the simcard I sent back did not reached your firm by now I would have it returned to me since I had my details on back of the envelop.

From 26/05/2010 to 11/10/2011 I have exchanged with Onesimcard 50 messages, it's an insult for you to claim only two, shame on you.

Furthermore your final closing statement is disturbing and shows your lack of respect and value for your customers.

I would be grateful if you return my UM Simcard.

Regards

Old
  (#60)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 08-11-2011, 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaidiegale View Post
--------------------------------

I would be grateful if you return my UM Simcard.

Regards
All United Mobile SIM cards we receive for our free exchange program are destroyed. Also, UM went out of business years ago so the SIM card will do you no good. That is why you came to us in the first place, to get a free SIM card with $10 balance, which you received but never used. There is nothing more we can do to help you with this matter.