PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#171)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 17-02-2010, 20:23

Sophia, we did receive your registration to replace your unusable Celtrek / Global Roaming SIM card. As soon as we receive your SIM in the mail, we will ship you your free OneSimCard SIM with $10 balance.

Anyone else can do this as well by using the link posted above. FYI, we have nothing to do with Celtrek / Global Roaming; we're a private U.S. company based in Boston, MA.

James

Old
  (#172)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-02-2010, 21:06

Ok, won't hurt to try. Will be traveling to Holland in April and could sure use an international sim card by then.

Old
  (#173)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 17-02-2010, 22:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
... it looks as if I am replying to this one post individual who says they have taken over Celtrek.
I don't believe this firm have taken over Celtrek, or that there is any connection at all

It's just a parasitic hijack of this subject to post spam promoting an entirely different product.

Send your old SIM at your own risk, but it seems highly unlikely that any credit will be carried over.

Onesimcard, from now on kindly post in reply to queries only about your own product, not others

Old
  (#174)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 17-02-2010, 22:52

Andy, no intent to spam the forum, just trying to help people who have been left stranded by Celtrek. Obviously we will not be able to carry over any balances people had on their Celtrek accounts, but a free SIM with airtime should help. In any event, my apologies if I violated any forum rules by posting in this thread, however I thought it was relevant.

Old
  (#175)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 18-02-2010, 00:07

The tradition is that the forum is mainly for the interest of users but suppliers are allowed for mainly customer support type reasons and aren't meant to post material that is merely advertsing.

My comments about invading a thread about one product to post about another are my personal opinion; some people would view it as poor etiquette, some take no notice.

As you have no information whatsoever about Celtrek, and it is not yet known by other people what the position is, your opinion that your contribution is relevant might be viewed as somewhat tenuous

Old
  (#176)
bones_boy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-02-2010, 05:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
your opinion that your contribution is relevant might be viewed as somewhat tenuous
That's putting it mildly.

Old
  (#177)
flipper9 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 18-02-2010, 21:11

Back to the topic of Global Roaming, is this an isolated incident or are they really having issues everywhere (i.e. nobody can buy airtime, people can't use their cards, etc).

Old
  (#178)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 18-02-2010, 21:53

I am not sure if anyone knows for sure that they are gone for good. However, they have been down for at least 2 weeks. And, there has not been any communication to the customers. Also, you can't do much on their website. Somewhere in this thread a couple of folks reported they got an email from their CSR, however most of us have not heard anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper9 View Post
Back to the topic of Global Roaming, is this an isolated incident or are they really having issues everywhere (i.e. nobody can buy airtime, people can't use their cards, etc).

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#179)
flipper9 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 18-02-2010, 22:07

Okay, thanks!

Guess I'll wait and see what happens. I'm not travelling for a bit and can hold off buying a sim card from anyone until then. They have the best rates for me, but if it doesn't work...that's the worst rate of all. LOL

Old
  (#180)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-02-2010, 23:13

Right now you can't order from them anyway, all their products say "out of stock".