PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#161)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-02-2010, 23:33

Sophia, sorry to hear of your difficulties with Celtrek. At least you got one of the two phones you ordered and you can probably use it with a prepaid data capable sim from another provider. Looks like a nice phone! If PayPal decides the dispute in your favor, you should be able to recover what you paid for the second phone and associated prepaid airtime.
My experience with PayPal in disputes has been a good one: my money was refunded by PayPal when a Hong Kong dealer failed to send a phone I once ordered, and was subsequently delisted from ebay (although I should say that the vast majority of ebay deals I've done have been quite satisfactory and there are many fine reputable dealers based in Hong Kong).

NiamhMAXroam, I appreciate your offer to rectify the issues associated with my Maxroam card, but while you have offered exemplary customer service with prior Maxroam issues I've had, the Maxroam card regrettably does not fit my current prepaid sim card needs. It is not worth restoring what little remaining credit was still on my card.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#162)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 11-02-2010, 23:48

Thanks for the kind words Yes, it is a lovely phone, very happy with it. My Dad lives in another country, so he is jealous as can be that I get to play and he doesn't
Anyway, if we have not heard from them by Tuesday (I sent MANY messages over the past few weeks, non got answered), we shall ask Paypal to proceed with getting the money back, and order it from International Orders instead. Shame!

Last edited by Sophia; 11-02-2010 at 23:54..

Old
  (#163)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-02-2010, 00:33

If nothing heard by next Tuesday, it would be a good idea to file the PayPal dispute. You can use your unanswered messages as documentation that you tried to resolve the transaction in good faith with no results. This needs to be done within 45 days of the original transaction. Good luck!

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#164)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 12-02-2010, 08:19

Paypal terms of service might differ from country to country but from experience I can tell you they don't cover "prepaid credit", only physical goods. Now I don't know exactly how they handle these corner cases where a physical SIM is delivered with some attached prepaid value.
However you should be able to get the money for the phone which is what matters. I strongly recommend you escalate to a claim (or however is called the next step) now because at this point only an automated message will be sent to the shop and either they'll get a nudge and send your phone faster (if they can/want to do it) or you'll get your money back faster. It's win-win and you waited enough anyway.

Old
  (#165)
OneSimCard (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 12-02-2010, 18:09

Hi PrepaidGSM forum. This is James, VP Marketing at OneSimCard. I'm here to answer any questions that might come up about our service and to help compare with other options out there.

I also want to let everyone here know that just our offer for former United Mobile customers, now Celtrek / Global Roaming customers can mail us their SIM card and we will replace it for free including airtime

I look forward to fielding questions and providing support to our current customers through this forum.

Last edited by andy; 22-04-2010 at 19:09..

Old
  (#166)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 12-02-2010, 19:19

Thanks, I have just done so. Now, they have 10 days to respond, if not, we shall get the money back. Thanks for the advice, and I shall keep everybody posted.

Old
  (#167)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 12-02-2010, 23:17

Come on give them another chance and send them a little money, the owner needs a little more free money for his trip to Vancouver.

Old
  (#168)
bones_boy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Total shock ... - 17-02-2010, 02:19

Can always count on the good people of this forum to inform us when another prepaid card has bitten the dust (allegedly).

Guess it would be asking too much for Florian or Aaron or Ryan or *someone* to make an appearance or send an email.

Well now, thinking about it, did any of the others? (no)

Let's dig through the old unused billfold of PP SIM card companies that have failed to deliver goods and services as advertised...

Swisscom
Hop
United Mobile/Riiing
Yackie
Globe Prepaid (Philippines)
Celtrek (allegedly)

All that leaves (as useful for me) is Mobal - and that's hardly a PP SIM - Isn't even a cost-effective SIM.

Old
  (#169)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-02-2010, 16:57

Well, today is Wednesday, and not a peep from our Paypal claim on Celtrek. I think it is safe to assume they have passed on... sad. Paypal said if we have not heard from them within 10 days, they will decide the claim in our favor and give back the money. What a relief!

Celtrek - NEVER AGAIN! Nor anybody else who have taken them over, I just noticed that in my previous reply (saying thanks, I have just done so), I actually replied to f300... it looks as if I am replying to this one post individual who says they have taken over Celtrek. Thanks, but no thanks, I'm done with you lot... I can live with the $10 loss on the simcard as at least my own Nexus One phone works perfectly.

As for my Dad, he will order from International Orders as soon as the money is refunded.

Old
  (#170)
flipper9 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 17-02-2010, 20:02

Dang; anyone having any luck with Global Roaming? They have the best rates for where I'm travelling to (Dominican Republic, US$0.10/min incoming, US$0.24/min outgoing to USA), and I wouldn't want to purchase their card and then have all this trouble. Is this an isolated incident or widespread?