PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 21-08-2009, 06:29

Quote:
Update: As of 14 August, the plan is renewed automatically every month...
Thanks for that clarification.

So both Cosmote My View'n'Web and Wind Plus Non-stop renew automatically.

I was in a bay on Kalimnos where I got a reasonable Cosmote GPRS signal but I couldn't get a data connection, so I'm using Wind NS as well.

Dave

(from Pserimos - excellent 3G signal from KOS)

Old
  (#2)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 21-08-2009, 21:11

Yes, with the updated Wind Plus Non-stop, you've got the additional advantage of being informed with a text message about your data usage in real time.

Also the Wind Plus NS, connects with 3G wherever there is a 3G coverage, while the Cosmote MyView'n'Web connects always with GPRS even if there is 3G coverage (this needs confirmation but I've heard it from various people).

In general, Cosmote has far greater 3G coverage than Wind and Vodafone, but due to its network congestion, Vodafone and Wind have far better speeds than Cosmote. With Vodafone and Wind I've never experienced 3G speeds less than 1Mbps (of course I use the Wind ADSM plan with 1GB/day on those cases. The 40MB plans are quite "risky" on 3G).

edit (to add more updates).

1. UPDATE the Wind PLUS Non-Stop: From now on, if you don't want the automatic renewal of the plan, send STOP to 19349

2. UPDATE for Cosmote MyView'n'Web: the introductory offer of 40MB free for the first 15 days, is again active. However, I don't know for how long, since many people found a hole in the system and took advantage of that offer to get free internet every 15 days.

Last edited by Evan; 21-08-2009 at 21:21.. Reason: updates

Tags
cosmote, greece gprs, vodafone gr, wind gr