PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 12-03-2011, 03:22

Everyone tries to use the confusion argument to justify every welch or renege they can. Do you honestly think confusion argument flies? If confusion was your concern, why didn't you warn classic consumers that you raised our rates 1000% so we wouldn't be confused? I bought your SIM months in advance for use in the Bahamas, Mexico, and a few other other countries. When you change rates at the level you did and are confused about my confusion, what about an email and an opportunity for a refund.

Old
  (#12)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default Maxroam deactivating classic sim on the 31st of March - 15-03-2011, 17:43

From their website when I log in. I am guessing this new sim card will be the global sim with the outrageous rates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may be aware that we have recently launched a new version of our mobile roaming service using the latest mobile voice and data technology. As part of this upgrade we have decided, free of charge, to replace your SIM card with the latest version.

This SIM card has been dispatched to you in recent days, and should arrive at your registered address shortly.

Your old SIM card will be deactivated on March 31st, your credit from your old SIM card will be automatically transferred to your new SIM card on this date.

Please contact Customer Support with any question you may have.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#13)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 15-03-2011, 19:06

It's officially on their website - I see this when I log into acct. management

----------------------
You may be aware that we have recently launched a new version of our mobile roaming service using the latest mobile voice and data technology. As part of this upgrade we have decided, free of charge, to replace your SIM card with the latest version.

This SIM card has been dispatched to you in recent days, and should arrive at your registered address shortly.

Your old SIM card will be deactivated on March 31st, your credit from your old SIM card will be automatically transferred to your new SIM card on this date.

Please contact Customer Support with any question you may have.

Old
  (#14)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 15-03-2011, 23:52

Check out their rates for Israel abd Oz. They are cheap roams with everyone else.

Old
  (#15)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-03-2011, 00:51

Yeah. Their rates for all countries I checked except Western Europe are 1.99 Euro and 1.59 euro outgoing and incoming respectively. Quite insane! Unless they come out with another sim with better rates, I do not see too many folks using their sim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Check out their rates for Israel abd Oz. They are cheap roams with everyone else.

Old
  (#16)
123456 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default I can't find it ... - 16-03-2011, 14:06

Does anyone know how to use "Call Back Rates" with the Maxroam Global SIM instead of "Call Through Rates"?

Old
  (#17)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-03-2011, 17:02

When you check the rates, it defaults to call Through rates. Just click on the callback rates tab/link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123456 View Post
Does anyone know how to use "Call Back Rates" with the Maxroam Global SIM instead of "Call Through Rates"?

Old
  (#18)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 16-03-2011, 17:36

Just received this email form MaxRoam and it looks like at the new sim will receive free in Europe. Also there is a reference to manually selecting callback instead callthrough, At least incoming is free in Europe now, even though outgoing calls are much more.

FROM MAXROAM

Your new SIM card has been sent to your registered address and you should receive it shortly. It comes with full 3G and Hi-Speed mobile data (HSDPA) connectivity using the latest cutting edge technology with digital voice calling.

You will immediately see the improvement in the call quality and will also see that in most countries the SIM now uses call through technology rather than call-back. However, if you would like to keep using the call-back technology for maximum savings just use the following code:

*124*+country code, phone number # or *124*00country code, phone number#
For example, to dial a UK number: *124*+441179123456# or *124*00441179123456#
SWAPPING YOUR SIM

Just go to Support, enter your old 19 digit SIM card number beginning with 8932 (your SIM number can be found on your SIM card), then enter your new 19 digit SIM number beginning with 8942, this number can be found on the SIM card in this envelope.

Click "Swap SIM" and the transfer is complete.

All your existing credit will be transferred on Thursday 31st March 2011. If you have local numbers attached to your SIM these will also be automatically forwarded and protected on the 31st March.

Your old SIM will be deactivated on the 31st March 2011 and you will not be able to add credit to it after this date. If you are travelling during this period we advise you swap your SIM before you leave and add sufficient credit to your account until the credit transfer on the 31st March. You will still be able to Swap Your SIM after the 31st March 2011 but remember, your old SIM will no longer work.

Please note we have replaced your old +32 number with a new number that begins with +44. Just log into your roaming account as you would normally do to get your new +44 number.

Remember, with your new SIM you will benefit from our excellent new rates:

RECEIVE CALLS in EUROPE for FREE!
CALL ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD from EUROPE for €0.39!
DATA in EUROPE at €0.79 per MB!

Below you will find the start up guide and customer service contact numbers.

Old
  (#19)
123456 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 28-03-2011, 21:04

Still no replacement SIM overhere.

Old
  (#20)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 29-03-2011, 09:38

Currently out of the country (in Nigeria). Left US on the 23rd and I did not receive it either. BTW, the current rate (not the global sim rate) is still in effect on the classic sim. I used it while ion transit and briefly before I got a local sim.

Tags
maxroam