PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
cangia (Offline)

Thumbs down Gt-sim bad bad bad - 23-07-2009, 13:48

I'm an ex United Mobile customer.
Looking for a replacement card I bought the GT-SIM on April 22 2009, before their replacement offer.

The only fact it's I've paid them 44.95 Euros and to this time I've not received NOTHING!!

44.95 Euros was the minimum amount: 19.95 for the Sim and 25.00 prepaid refil.

They answered to me many times they send me the Sim with NO traceable delivery postal, nothing demonstrating the dlivery!!!

Finally, they told me if I wish another Sim I've to pay 9.95 Euros much more!!!

Now they doesn't answer no more to my inquiries.

I've buyed others sim card, and all of them gave me a trace number to monitor their deliveries to me, and always the cost of such sim was not so high as GT-SIM.

I think the equation: more amount = more customer care

To GT SIM it's not so!!

Old
  (#2)
amroe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 23-07-2009, 14:11

i have used GT-Sim for more than one year and they are very good and powerful company , they are not like united mobile and Yackie , even they have a new service of tracking your sim through the Internet ..

Track Your Global Position
ow you can check your position worldwide. To enable this service a setup fee of Euro 4,95 will be charged. Each track will be charged at Euro 0.09 cent.

The accuracy will be at 80-500 meter depending on the density of the BTS (signalling stations). To test it you need to make sure your phone is switched on and you have a network signalling.

Old
  (#3)
cangia (Offline)

Default 23-07-2009, 14:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by amroe View Post
i have used GT-Sim for more than one year and they are very good and powerful company , they are not like united mobile and Yackie , even they have a new service of tracking your sim through the Internet ..

Track Your Global Position
ow you can check your position worldwide. To enable this service a setup fee of Euro 4,95 will be charged. Each track will be charged at Euro 0.09 cent.

The accuracy will be at 80-500 meter depending on the density of the BTS (signalling stations). To test it you need to make sure your phone is switched on and you have a network signalling.
A new service of tracking my sim?!?!
Which sim? I've never seen MY sim!!!

Old
  (#4)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-07-2009, 15:41

If you paid by visa just contact visa to get your money back.

If you order something and they ship it's up to them to prove it has been shipped. If there is no proof of that and you have not received it, it has not been shipped, as simple as that.

All the sim I received in the past we normally delivered by mail and I had to sign for receiving the mail. This is how it should be done and it's also proof for the sending company that you did receive your sim.

Old
  (#5)
cangia (Offline)

Default 23-07-2009, 16:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
If you paid by visa just contact visa to get your money back.

If you order something and they ship it's up to them to prove it has been shipped. If there is no proof of that and you have not received it, it has not been shipped, as simple as that.

All the sim I received in the past we normally delivered by mail and I had to sign for receiving the mail. This is how it should be done and it's also proof for the sending company that you did receive your sim.
Thanks bbob.

I waited too much, hoping in some their customer care solution.

And my bank says I should have ask my money back within 2 months by the transaction;

This was one of GT SIM replays:

Our GT-SIMs are sent in special security sealed GT-SIM Folder. In your case, as you have ordered just a SIM, it was sent by normal Post, which means No tracking is available.

I have ordered just a SIM! Just 44.95 Euros!

Old
  (#6)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 23-07-2009, 16:47

Cangia:

Seems to me that if they send a package to a customer with no tracking number or system, and the package does not arrive, it's up to them to make good on the purchase. It does not cost that much more to pay for a secured delivery system. In the U.S., EKIT sent me SIM by UPS. They sent me a tracking number by e-mail the day the order shipped. I tracked it all the way to my door. GT should step up and accent responsibility for the lost item and send a second one. They can turn off the first one.

Old
  (#7)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-07-2009, 18:40

Even using normal mail you can sent it registered. This means you have proof of sending it and when it's received you sign for it and the sender will get proof you signed for it.

If there is no delivery made the sender has to file a complaint at the postal service. It's very strange that even when using regular mail they don't sent is signed for delivery. Both my globalsimcard.co.uk and travelsim.co.uk came like this.

They can claim it's sent by mail but without proof they can't claim anything, it's just that simple.

If the 2 moth's are past back luck for you. I would not wait that long. even regular airmail should not take longer than 1-2 weeks to most countries.

How did you pay ? Visa, Mastercard

Old
  (#8)
cangia (Offline)

Default 23-07-2009, 18:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
Even using normal mail you can sent it registered. This means you have proof of sending it and when it's received you sign for it and the sender will get proof you signed for it.

If there is no delivery made the sender has to file a complaint at the postal service. It's very strange that even when using regular mail they don't sent is signed for delivery. Both my globalsimcard.co.uk and travelsim.co.uk came like this.

They can claim it's sent by mail but without proof they can't claim anything, it's just that simple.

If the 2 moth's are past back luck for you. I would not wait that long. even regular airmail should not take longer than 1-2 weeks to most countries.

How did you pay ? Visa, Mastercard
A Visa Card

Old
  (#9)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-07-2009, 09:50

Contact Visa, Direct and file a claim the should lookin to that.

If not some visa card will give you an insurance on the item you bought. For example by dutch visa card will give me 180 days insurance against loss or damage of the goods I bought using my visa card.

You lost your card, has never been delivered so you might try to use the insurance. This is only if your card offers this, not all visa card do this.

Old
  (#10)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-07-2009, 16:18

These mess-ups really saddens me. There's another thread (different company I think) where a customer paid 35$ (!!!) shipping and waited more than two months (and has been told that the shipping costs were actually 67$ and in the end had the service cancelled completely because he wasn't nice enough during those two months).
Even if we see only singular cases still each one of these experiences is one too many. The SIM cards cost now a couple bucks, if that (I'm talking about the physical thing, when bought in bulk by a phone company). Unless you want to have some mega-fast overnight delivery it doesn't make sense to add any services to normal mail (which is under $2 in most situations). If the item doesn't arrive let's say one week after it should normally arive just send another one. The customer can't be at fault here (except for obvious stupid things like wrong address) - the card is absolutely useless without the service, either for a mail thief or for a dishonest customer. It can be only a honest mistake (mail lost, etc) or just the company trying to make a quick buck. If after months the company tries to get extra money, is still not delivering and so on it's pretty clear it's a rip off.

Anyway I would strongly suggest not to accept any unreasonable delay and to dispute the charge immediately if you see nothing happens after let's say twice the original delivery time (which can't be more than 2x10 days I guess). Of course that's for the next time as now it's way too late.

Tags
gt-sim