PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-07-2009, 20:46

f300 it's as you say, only when using ups fedex and those you can expect to pay 50$ or more for an enveloppe. but these all have track and trace and delivery worldwide is normally within days, maximum a week.
Regular air mail even the one you have to sign for does not cost more thatn 10$ and should be delivered anywhere from 3 days tot max 2 weeks.

Both options give the sending company proof they have sent it and if you signed for it. If it takes longer that the shipping company made a mistake of the sim was lost stolen, whatever.

In that case like you said they should have sent another one. Let's give them maximum 30 days to deliver, if not any you paid by credit card you just request a charge back and the deal gets investigated. In that case the sending company has to proove to visa that the item was shipped and received by you. If they can show proof of you signing for the package they don't get their money and you don't have to pay.

This should be a warning to everyone. don't let those companies screw you around, give them 30 days than charge back and get your card from somewhere else.

Old
  (#12)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 25-07-2009, 00:14

My World Master Card states that "We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we send you the first bill on which the error or problem occurred." So if you get a bill 20 days after the purchase, you essentially have 80 days from the purchase date to file a written complaint. I am not sure if this is the same with European credit cards, but if an item has not arrived in a month I certainly would file a complaint. My Master Card even includes a form with the bill to file the written complaint.

Old
  (#13)
mart.lu (Offline)
Amateur Member

Wink Strange - 25-07-2009, 14:03

I'm using GT SIM now since January this year in a lot of countrys in Europe, i get two numbers from them and do not get any problem to get my SIM cards.

It can happen that the post company lose something.

I know that GT SIM support is not perfect and also not really easy to reach.
Then send them a LOT of mails with the reference of the past mails. Sometimes it works. In the same time call them (if you use their service directly from their website it doesn't cost you anything).

In my case sometimes they charge me bad and i have to do it like that, but at the end they always give me my money back.

Now i suggest you not to leave this like that YOU SHOULD GET YOUR SIM with no extra cost, then ask them again and again and again to send you the SIM that you already pay.

I was also a UNITED MOBILE customer and i think that GT SIM is a good deal. They offer you a voice mail by web (no cost), you can buy DID numbers then the people can reach you on a local non mobile phone number and you only get charged 0,10 Euro/min(if the country is free in incoming calls).
You can send web SMS and web calls (BETAMAX is cheaper) evrything with the same bill

Hope this can help you
luciano

Old
  (#14)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-07-2009, 10:31

luciano, as you say yourself gt-sim customer service seems lazy answering emails. In this case the guy doesn't have his card so he can't call them for free.

Do you really want to sent 10 emails before you get a responce. Look at the time this is costing you and the anger. Than finally you get some moeny back for a wrong rate of whatever. So to get say 2 or 3 euro back, you have to sent mails or call time, is that reeally worth all your time.

Your statement saying you have to call them or keep mailing them really means that their customer service sucks. At least thet is my conclusion.

Old
  (#15)
mart.lu (Offline)
Amateur Member

Unhappy Bad customer service but good deal - 26-07-2009, 18:55

Hello bbob
First of all i want to say the following because what you say it's not truth
You can call GT SIM customer service for free even if you are not customer
On the main page follow the link

NEED HELP

then you can call them for free.

In my post i just write my experience with this company i never tell that it's the best in the world i just say it's a good deal for the price you pay and i'm not working for them.

If you know any global sim company with a nice customer service tell me i will follow you, but for sure if the customer service is good you will have to pay more for this service and this will be useless.

If i want a good service but a high price i will keep my actual cellphone company SFR, with them when i'm abroad the service is almost perfect, but not the roaming rates

Once again if cangia wants is money back the only way that i know it's to try to get them (call or email) again and again even if that means for you that GT SIM get a bad customer service (for me too ).

After that if this does not work you can try to use the credit card insurance to try to get your money back, normally should work.

Old
  (#16)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-07-2009, 20:52

Mart.lu:

I have had very good luck with Ekit's customer service. Both before and after buying their products. They are available 24/7 by phone. They have been very helpful in solving problems with my phone and the workings of the SIM. As far as I am concerned, customer service is more important than finding the absolute, lowest priced SIM; and their lower quality or non-existent customer service people.

Old
  (#17)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 27-07-2009, 08:10

I am using a Travel Sim UK - 100% Free Roaming - No Connetion or Daily Fee card and their customer service works fine. Some weeks ago the platform had technincal problems which seemed to be a problem amongst all numbers, so for example GeoSim World Wide Sim Cards | Cheap Overseas Mobile Phone Calls & Free Roaming International Sim Card | Geo Sim Card Saves 85% On International Call Charges was offline and other too.

Travelsimcard allready had a message on the frontpage informing us of the problem. This saved me calling them and them asnwering tons of questions from user. They updated this page during the hours of the problem. Globalsimcard for example did not have any message.

So yes there are companies that have a customer support.

But it's up to you if you want to pay the lowest price and have bad customer support. My opinion is that you pay the company something so yes you can expect some support.

Old
  (#18)
easyroam- (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-07-2009, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by f300 View Post
The SIM cards cost now a couple bucks, if that (I'm talking about the physical thing, when bought in bulk by a phone company
Your way of the mark!

Roaming sim cards are especially designed and programmed with larger chipsets. A realistic price is more $15/$20 depending on quantity and suppler.

Yes bbob
Our customer support is 24/7 - Both telephone and email. That's why we can update our website very quickly.

Last edited by easyroam-; 27-07-2009 at 12:39..

Old
  (#19)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 27-07-2009, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyroam- View Post
Your way of the mark!

Roaming sim cards are especially designed and programmed with larger chipsets. A realistic price is more $15/$20 depending on quantity and suppler.
Are you serious?

Obviously not wanting to dispute this with an expert, but just hoping to learn something here... apart from the auto-callback trigger, what makes them so very different from the contract SIM (64K I think) that I have from o2?

Old
  (#20)
MrEd (Offline)
DEALER
Advanced Member

Default 28-07-2009, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
I am using a Travel Sim UK card and their customer service works fine. Some weeks ago the platform had technincal problems which seemed to be a problem amongst all numbers, so for example www.globalsimcard.co.uk was offline and other too.

Travelsimcard allready had a message on the frontpage informing us of the problem. This saved me calling them and them asnwering tons of questions from user. They updated this page during the hours of the problem. Globalsimcard for example did not have any message.
Its easy to misjudge judge a book by its cover. The issue referred to affected less than 0.5% of GeoSIM users and therefore did not require an "alert" to be posted on the website.

Customer support cannot be judged on what is posted on a website. A recent comment from a customer ....."Thank you for once again having the best customer service I've ever experienced." says it all.

Tags
gt-sim