PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
beerfestival (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default easyroam or GeoSim - 01-05-2009, 23:40

Which is better? easyroam? or GeoSim?

I'm one of the United Mobile unfortunates...

GeoSim seems slightly cheaper to order, and they don't need the old sim card sending.

They both have a yearly charge of around £12 - do they both exclude VAT?

Prepaids - FR: SFR; BE: BASE; PL:iPlus simdata UK: T-Mobile; International: SIM4Travel / Trupphone
Contract - UK: O2
Phones - Nokia 700
Phones in store - Nokia 5100, 3230, N70, 5500, N96, N95, 6230, 1100

Old
  (#2)
easyroam- (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-05-2009, 11:27

Our travel sim card has a fixed service life of 365 days. However to keep your sim card working for the following year, there is a renewal fee of GBP £12. This will keep your number working. Any unused call credit does not expire.

Customers who purchase call credit within 90 days of there expiry date will not need to pay the network fee and all credit will be rolled over for the next 365 days.

Old
  (#3)
hkr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 03-05-2009, 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyroam- View Post
Customers who purchase call credit within 90 days of there expiry date will not need to pay the network fee and all credit will be rolled over for the next 365 days.
Dear easyroam,

1) It might be that English is not my native language, so can you please help me understand what this means?

If I purchase call credit a maximum of 90 days before the expiry date or a maximum of 90 days after the expiry date?

Also, does it mean that buying credit at any other date does not affect service life at all?

2) As with rates on your website, I just realized that the exchange rates are quite far from current rates, which can easily mislead your customers. OK, you clearly state that it is USD that matters, however, lazy people might still look at your stated GBP and EUR fees, and if they do, they can significantly underestimate their costs.

hkr

Old
  (#4)
hkr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 03-05-2009, 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerfestival View Post
Which is better? easyroam? or GeoSim?

GeoSim seems slightly cheaper to order, and they don't need the old sim card sending.

I have found GeoSim calling rates to be a lot more expensive, especially in countries/relations I am interested in...

Old
  (#5)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Angry Impossible to purhcase easyroam - 06-05-2009, 16:10

Is impossible today to purchase online the sim. Google payment discontinued at merchant is the error rmessage.

Old
  (#6)
MrEd (Offline)
DEALER
Advanced Member

Default 06-05-2009, 17:55

Cheaper does not necessarily mean better and "a lot" is all relative.

No problems with checkout.

Old
  (#7)
hkr (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-05-2009, 20:00

Cheaper does not necessarily mean better and "a lot" is all relative.

Sure. This has nothing to do with the quality of your product, and it also is possible that your prices just do not match my own expectations in the few countries I looked up.

For me a roaming saver card should save money in the countries I visit (that is the point), and the saving compared to normal roaming should be sizeable. In my case the threshold where I am willing to put up with the fuss of callback and a foreign number (say +44) is a saving which is well over the 10%

Postpaid:
3x Vodafone (HU) 1x T-Mobile) formerly also Pannon
Prepaid:
Vodafone, Pannon, T-Mobile (HU) Optimus (PT) SamiSwoi, ERA, Orange (PL) VIP (HR) T-Mobile (AT) Vodafone, O2, Orange, T-Mobile (UK) Vodafone (DE) Data-only prepaid: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Djuice/Pannon (HU)
International SIMs: UM+, Sim4Travel, TravelSim
Phones: Nokia E51, E71, Samsung D880, SE P990i, Ericsson T39m -forever! , many others in the drawer. 3G modems Huawei E220, E870, EU870D, U740, Alcatel X200
VoIP: Justvoip, CallWithUs, Neophonex, fonline, Macrogate and several others for outgoing... DIDs from Macrogate, DIDww, Gradwell, Voxbone and others. FreePBX, Vigor router with inbuilt ATA, Nokia E-series phones.