PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Global Sim Card Fraudulent Email - 20-01-2011, 10:35

Seems like many peopel have been receiving a mail from global sim card to update their records because of technical problems. These mails were not sent by global sim card but just to get your userdetails and password.

Today I received an email from globalsimcard that these mails were not sent to them but they are a scam.

This does raise one very important question. How did these scammers get hold of email addresses from globalsimcard users.

I have seen bank scam emails and they are sent random to many people. There are although not many people that use a globalsimcard. I have been using them in the past (not anymore) so where did they get my email from.

Have users here received the same email and have these users also bought a globalsimcard in the past. If not they might have gotten their emails from here if that is possible.
If although users who did buy a card in the past received the same mail is there a leak in the global sim card system.

If does seem very strange that a not very common used card / brand is being used for this type of scam, so where did they get my and other email details.