PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#91)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-04-2010, 11:38

Based on reports I read, there's no other way to check your data balance. If you exceed the 100MB, I suppose that you will be charged their normal data rate, until your credit goes down to 0€.

I don't know how much Q charges per MB after the 100MB and I can't find that info on their web page so I guess you can ask their CC. Wind and the rest Greek Telcos, charge from 0.5 to 6.5€ (!!) per MB, so I guess that Q charges something in between.

Old
  (#92)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 30-04-2010, 08:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
4. Limited data offer: Internet (no proxy), 0€/month, 1.5GB volume included

For those who will visit Greece before 4 April 2010, or those who already have a Wind prepaid card, there is an offer of 1.5GB/month without any requirement. Just send a a blank SMS to 1245.

More info and discussion here.
An update for those who have already subscribed to that offer. It is now possible to check your remaining free volume (before it was only possible to check the remaining free minutes/texts). Just send an SMS with the text YP to 1245.

Old
  (#93)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-05-2010, 08:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
An update for those who have already subscribed to that offer. It is now possible to check your remaining free volume (before it was only possible to check the remaining free minutes/texts). Just send an SMS with the text YP to 1245.
I subscribed to this on 11/04 so I'm getting 100MB not 1.5GB. I just did a check and got:

ΕΧΕΙΣ ... 99,93 MB ΠΟΥ ΙΣΧΥΟΥΝ ΕΩΣ 31/05/2010

so it seems that it's based on the calendar month not the start date. (I used 0.07MB this morning.)

The YP text to 1245 is free BTW.

Old
  (#94)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-05-2010, 08:40

I subscribed on 15/3 (with the 1.5GB free offer) and I just did a check as well and got:

"...1536,00MB ΠΟΥ ΙΣΧΥΟΥΝ ΕΩΣ 31/05/2010"

(which I can't use until August when I'll be in Greece )

Yes it's based per calendar month according to their initial announcement.

Old
  (#95)
kalico (Offline)

Default Newbie question - 19-05-2010, 00:59

Please forgive me jumping in, but I'd just like a simple steer.

I've got a Cosmote CosmoKarte with is pre-paid PAYG. Had it a few years now.

What is my best option for data this summer? Not massive use, just e-mail and browsing.

I'll be going sailing in the Ionian (around Preveza, Lefkas etc) for 3 lots of 2 weeks.

Is there something I can add to the Cosmote SIM I already have? Or should I look to get a new PAYG sim just for data?

I don't need a 3G dongle - it's built into my lappie.

Thanks for any pointers.

Old
  (#96)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-05-2010, 05:54

Have you taken a look at Evan's recent summary - a couple of pages back on this thread?

There is a link to my blog on using Cosmote My View’n'Web, but I don't claim that it's the best option for you - it's complex to set up and limited in use - but it's almost certainly the cheapest.

I have used both Cosmote and Wind when sailing and Cosmote has better coverage in thinly-populated places. I don't know how Vodafone compares.

Old
  (#97)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-06-2010, 15:26

Cosmote have replaced the My View’n'Web monthly pass with 'Internet on the phone 60'

I was subscribed to My View’n'Web and I got an SMS telling that I was being given a free montth of Internet on the phone 60 which included 120Mb. I took a look at the WAP site and it looks as if it costs €3/month and that you subscribe to it in a similar way to My View’n'Web. But I won't be back in Greece until next year so I won't be using it immediately.

Over the past 10 weeks sailing I've mainly been using Wind but there have been a few places where Wind was not available, and a couple of isolated anchorages where Cosmote was the only mobile phone signal available.

One disadvantage of My View’n'Web was that it was web only - no POP email. I suspect that the same will apply to this new service.

Old
  (#98)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 13-06-2010, 20:59

Here are some details of Cosmote 'Internet on the phone 60' - in Greek:
http://www.e-cosmote.gr/cosmote/port...tocontract.xml
Google translation:
Google Translate

So it's 60Mb for 3€ - the 120Mb is a startup offer.

And it's unconnected with My View - you can subscribe by SMS.

Old
  (#99)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 21-06-2010, 17:30

just a question: can I still use a Wind GR simcard for tethering by iPhone?

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#100)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 25-06-2010, 07:40

WInd have changed their website. Here are links to the ADSM pages In English (translation seems to be faulty) and in Greek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreA View Post
just a question: can I still use a Wind GR simcard for tethering by iPhone?
Sorry AndreA - I don't have an iPhone. If somebody will give me one I'll be happy to test it

Dave

Tags
cosmote, greece gprs, vodafone gr, wind gr