PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#51)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 29-10-2007, 08:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by yackietech View Post
In many countries it would be classified as fraud to willingly take advantage of a price difference like this (arbitrage).
Someone has to pay for the free incoming whilst roaming, it's just that in this case the operator along the way pays for most of it.
If carriers have rates that are not sustainable (i.e. too low) it is in many cases a matter of policy for carriers to inform the other and attempt to correct this situation for the mutual benefit of all carriers.

We strive to play fairly in this market, and this situation is also what causes poor access to many free incoming roaming number series.
This is going a bit to far saying: fraud to willingly take advantage of a price difference like this.

Fraud is something else. In telecom and voip conuntry there are many many companies offering their service, some charge high rates, other charge low rates, yet others have unlimited calls for a fixed amount per month.

The end user can nver know if there is a fault in the system, like the examples you gave. The end user only sees a cheap rate and will use that. Maybe that rate is not correct because of some error, but how would the end user know that this is an error.

I will give you one vey clear example. Till beginning of this year calling a +44-7624 number through skype would cost the same as to a +44 fixed line number. Yes in that case the end user could now that it might not be correct. But is he commiting fraud by using the service. NO

There are companies offering calls to iceland mobile for 10 to 30 eurocents per minute. When calling using the 10 eurocents are you commiting fraud, because that is what you are saying.

As said I understand your point of view and that error can be made in the rate table but also here it can be part of a business mobile. You want to attract customers and offer certain rates below cost price while yet on other destinations you are making money. This is normal in many business models, attract customers with low rates on a few desitnations andhigher on others.

So please take your words back that people are commiting fraud by using a low pirce service.

Old
  (#52)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 29-10-2007, 09:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
2nd thing (small issue only): The time between dialing the DID and the first ringing sound is quite long. People who are not used to it would propably give up before the call gets trough.
Maybe there is a way to improve the time to ring a bit.
I noticed the same but I don't think there is an alternative.

for example when I use my pbxes systems with did forward, the caller hears the phone ring 2-3 times and only than will my phone ring. so before I answer the caller might hear the phone ring 4-6 times which could also be to long.

The only other option might be a message saying, please wait while we connect your call, but the problem there might be that to hear that message the caller will be connected and have to pay for the call even if you do not answer the call.

Old
  (#53)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 29-10-2007, 09:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
I noticed the same but I don't think there is an alternative.

for example when I use my pbxes systems with did forward, the caller hears the phone ring 2-3 times and only than will my phone ring. so before I answer the caller might hear the phone ring 4-6 times which could also be to long.

The only other option might be a message saying, please wait while we connect your call, but the problem there might be that to hear that message the caller will be connected and have to pay for the call even if you do not answer the call.
Yes but in your alternative there is at least a ring. Here at the moment there is just dead air.
The old Yackie-card used your 2nd option. It took the call automatically and there was a message "connecting...please wait". This is not a good option as you already noted.

I'm sure the time to wait can be reduced. I have a landline number assigned to my cellphone in germany too (o2 genion). At the beginning it could take up to 15 seconds before it rang. Nowadays there is hardly any delay anymore.

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#54)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 29-10-2007, 10:37

Quote:
I'm sure the time to wait can be reduced. I have a landline number assigned to my cellphone in germany too (o2 genion). At the beginning it could take up to 15 seconds before it rang. Nowadays there is hardly any delay anymore.
Difference here is that you are calling to a german number and I asumen you are in germany at that moment. Take any cell phone which is roaming outside their home network and you will notice that it takes some time before the phone rings. This is probably because the call goes to your home provider which you are not logged into, than it will be forwarded to the roaming network you are in. This will cause the delay.

The option of ringing is a valid option but as I said, adding more rings can also make people hangup after 4 rings, before you answer the phone.

Old
  (#55)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-10-2007, 10:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
The end user can nver know if there is a fault in the system, like the examples you gave. The end user only sees a cheap rate and will use that. Maybe that rate is not correct because of some error, but how would the end user know that this is an error.

.......So please take your words back that people are commiting fraud by using a low pirce service.
Hi bbob,

Quote:
3) You make cheap calls with your VOIP operator, also not realising that this is a mistake
I think it should be obvious that we are talking about the original suggestion here, not end users, I'll edit the post to clarify.

Last edited by YackieMobile; 29-10-2007 at 10:59..

Old
  (#56)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-10-2007, 11:05

Quote:

3rd: The german language of the manual is very bad. I guess you used a online translator software. If you like i can send you a corrected text as a thank you for getting the free SIM-card.
If i say that this translation was made by our ( half ) german sales assistante.....you trust me ?

We make your Money Mobile

Sent from my Iphone with my Paytoo Mobile Sim Wallet

Old
  (#57)
wolfgang (Offline)

Default 29-10-2007, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by YackieMobile View Post
If i say that this translation was made by our ( half ) german sales assistante.....you trust me ?
I hardly can believe it, I understand the english version much better than the german one. Nevertheless we can handle it and I take the chance to thank you for your offer.

Old
  (#58)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 29-10-2007, 12:40

Quote:
ouff... then her half german must be veeery rusty indeed. It is very hard to catch the point of the german text. I can understand only by referring to the english text (and because i know how to use a SIM-card). Well, my proposal for a better text is still valid

Any info regarding the wrong billing for german landlines?

Chris

Old
  (#59)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default Help - 29-10-2007, 13:23

Just spoke to her......

She need help, her german is gone it's seem.....

We make your Money Mobile

Sent from my Iphone with my Paytoo Mobile Sim Wallet

Old
  (#60)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 29-10-2007, 15:39

Quote:
Just spoke to her......

She need help, her german is gone it's seem.....
I sent you a private message with the corrected text.