Old
  (#41)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-10-2007, 13:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
As I said before I understand your point of view for making money. The question is how much money. Regular telecom operator make load of money on roaming.

To he honest I find it a bit sad if you say when using your card but own system we are depriving you. It sounds like we are a poor company and need every revenue to survive As you are not a company that is showing how much money it makes or looses like stockexchange registered companies I can't check if what you say is true or not.

Again I repeat myself. In your business model you know that there will always be customers that will use your card to use their own callback system.
Most of your customers are happy with your solution and I was not negative about it. Your incoming rate is good and you outgoing rates (for most countires) are fair for most users.

So what we can discuss is the small things, like for example please state the 60 seconds billing clearly on your site. State that the 105 customer support number will cost you money to call. In you FAQ list add some more info about voip like the sip address of the server and these things.
I think many users here have given you positive remarks on how to improve your website to give the customer information. Do something with this information.
YES Bobb, I'm agree with you

it is just the way you have been used for Showing the rates differences who was a risk of confusion

and we agree that the majority of the customers want to have a simple process for a good rates and it is what we are currently providing, and it is true also that few afficionados ( and IT addic ) will try to use for their avantages any systems ( not only Yackie off course ) and this is a part of the game and will not affect our business

And we will make the correction regarding the billing sequence and the 105 cost

Thank you

We make your Money Mobile

Sent from my Iphone with my Paytoo Mobile Sim Wallet

Old
  (#42)
Sebastian (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 26-10-2007, 14:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by YackieMobile View Post
You can also log in your yackiemobile admin and select to do not receive the call on the GSM, but only to the SIP and from then to forward it to any number you want.....( need some credit in the voip account off course )
You're talking about the DID here, right, and not the SIM MSISDN (+354..)?

Old
  (#43)
n875 (Offline)

Default 26-10-2007, 14:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by YackieMobile View Post
Hi

You can also log in your yackiemobile admin and select to do not receive the call on the GSM, but only to the SIP and from then to forward it to any number you want.....( need some credit in the voip account off course )
You mean the admin control at www.yackiemobile.com, and change to forward my DID to SIP instead to GSM on the 'My Phone Number' tab?

I don't see any option on the 'My VoIP Account' to change/forward to any number I want...

and if I disable receive the call on the GSM, then how will I receive call from my GSM/SIM phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yackietech View Post
Hi bbob,

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, the $0.29 is for incoming calls on your DID whilst roaming, that doesn't have anything to do with the Icelandic free incoming number.

While it's true that if you use your own callback, you pay the SMS, the example I gave was how the operator makes 20c, which is far below what the operator needs to cover costs.

It's quite simple really, every time you make a call and use your own callback solution to do so, you are depriving your operator of needed revenue, it's of course up to you whether you do so, but at the same time it isn't fair to use the $0.29 as a base price for calculating what other calls should cost.

Please don't compare GSM roaming to VOIP, it really is simply not the same thing.
I think you still can make money, instead of let other VOIP providers get the money if users try to take advantage of free incoming call and use the cheap VOIP callback... then why don't you provide that cheap VOIP callback for them since you also offer VOIP... as long as your VOIP price competitive or even a little bit higher, I think people will choose your solution, because they won't have to deal with another VOIP provider...

=============================
I have another question about the rate...

For example, my GSM/SIM currently in Czech Republic and the rate provide from your website is

Quote:
You call from : Czech Republic To : Canada
Local Call : (Czech Republic )
$0.49 /mn
Outgoing call :
Mobile : $0.49 /mn
Land Line : $0.49 /mn
SMS out : $0.49 /sms
SMS in : FREE
Incoming Call : FREE
Incoming calls with your 'local' number is: $0.29
but when I call a Canada phone number from Czech Republic, it displays the following call history on my.yackiemobile.com

354380XXXXXX 1514XXXXXXX CANADA Fido [Mobile] 2007-10-26 15:07:11 - 1:00min - $0.24000
354380XXXXXX 420770012806 CZECH REPUBLIC Oskar Mobil [Mobile] 2007-10-26 15:07:11 - 1:00min - $0.35000

354380XXXXXX 1514XXXXXXX CANADA Fido [Mobile] 2007-10-26 15:07:11 - 2:00min - $0.48000
354380XXXXXX 420770012806 CZECH REPUBLIC Oskar Mobil [Mobile] 2007-10-26 15:07:11 - 2:00min - $0.70000

Like you explain earlier because it works like a callback, and the leg in this case is 420770012806 CZECH REPUBLIC ... but combine rate is $0.24 + $0.35 = $0.59 is higher than the rate list on your website $0.49...

Old
  (#44)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 26-10-2007, 16:47

Checkout Yackie's Mexican rates. Odd.

Old
  (#45)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-10-2007, 16:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Checkout Yackie's Mexican rates. Odd.
Like any SIM card......RPP

We make your Money Mobile

Sent from my Iphone with my Paytoo Mobile Sim Wallet

Old
  (#46)
n875 (Offline)

Default 26-10-2007, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by yackietech View Post
Yackie's product is a callback solution. The extra number you see in the second CDR view contains the original A leg callback to your mobile location while the first one combines the two, this will be fixed soon because it can cause confusion.
I see the new fixed. It is very quick. Now it displays clear and nice the LegA, LegB and the final combine price.

Another the suggestion for displaying the call history. Currently I see there is a seperated list... 1 for Incoming Call and 1 for Outgoing Call... But there is a problem, because you use callback solution... Currently it displays seperate into 2 lists and people don't know it is only 1 call.

For example, I see there is 1 call my call history at www.yackiemobile.com at 2007-10-26 13:44:10

Incoming Call
2007-10-26 13:44:10 354380XXXXXX CZECH REPUBLIC Oskar Mobil [Mobile] - call 36sec - $0.00000

Outgoing Call
2007-10-26 13:44:10 354380XXXXXX ICELAND 09 Mobile [Mobile] call 36sec - charge 60sec - $0.79
LegA 420770013862 CZECH REPUBLIC Oskar Mobil [Mobile] $0.35000
LegB 354380XXXXXX ICELAND 09 Mobile [Mobile] $0.44000

While it displays as 1 list at my.yackiemobile.com as

354380XXXXXX 354380XXXXXXXXXXXX ICELAND 09 Mobile [Mobile] 2007-10-26 15:44:10 - 1:00min - $0.44000
354380XXXXXX IN420770013058 CZECH REPUBLIC Oskar Mobil [Mobile] 2007-10-26 15:44:10 - 0:36min - $0.00000
354380XXXXXX 420770013862 CZECH REPUBLIC Oskar Mobil [Mobile] 2007-10-26 15:44:10 - 1:00min - $0.35000

My suggestion is display it as 1 list and have a column say it is Incoming or Outgoing.

Old
  (#47)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 28-10-2007, 10:42

Mine works fine also. A slight problem is I do not see who calls even when ringing the did number. I see private number all the time

Old
  (#48)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 28-10-2007, 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
Mine works fine also. A slight problem is I do not see who calls even when ringing the did number. I see private number all the time
Hi Prion, could you send me a private message with your +354 account number, I'll take a look.

Old
  (#49)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 28-10-2007, 14:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by n875 View Post
I think you still can make money, instead of let other VOIP providers get the money if users try to take advantage of free incoming call and use the cheap VOIP callback... then why don't you provide that cheap VOIP callback for them since you also offer VOIP... as long as your VOIP price competitive or even a little bit higher, I think people will choose your solution, because they won't have to deal with another VOIP provider...
Hi n875,

If this were a viable option, then prepaid roaming operators would be using it. The reason why you are able to do this (in rare occasions) on a +354380 number is because of a situation where some operator along the way has made an error in his rate tables. So here's the scenario.

1) Operator A makes mistake in rate tables
2) Your VOIP operator doesn't realise that this is a mistake so routes cheaply to +354380
3) You make cheap calls with your VOIP operator, also not realising that this is a mistake
4) Operator A's billing system eventually finds out he is losing money on this destination so he blocks access
5) Your operator can't terminate to this destination
6) You can't make any more calls.

In many countries it would be classified as fraud for an operator to willingly/knowingly take advantage of a price difference like this (arbitrage).
Someone has to pay for the free incoming whilst roaming, it's just that in this case the operator along the way pays for most of it.
If carriers have rates that are not sustainable (i.e. too low) it is in many cases a matter of policy for carriers to inform the other and attempt to correct this situation for the mutual benefit of all carriers.

We strive to play fairly in this market, and this situation is also what causes poor access to many free incoming roaming number series.

Last edited by YackieMobile; 29-10-2007 at 11:01..

Old
  (#50)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 29-10-2007, 08:51

Now I tried out my yackiemobile card as well.

First of all: It works MUCH better than the old system. So you are on a good way to make a really good product.

The call quality is very good - also when calling the DID.
Numbers were transmitted correctly on in- and outgoing calls (The option to show the DID as a outgoing call number would be a nice feature for the future though).

SMS get trough very fast. Hardly pressed the "send" button when the other phone already beeped.

The online billing is very practical and reacts without any delay.

One issue that i found is that calls to german landlines are not billed correctly.

The rate calculator writes:
You call from : Germany To : Germany
* Local Call : (Germany) $0.59 /mn
Outgoing call :
* Mobile : $0.69 /mn
* Land Line : $0.59 /mn

I made a call to our company landline and found on the bill:
2007-10-29 08:35:03 49367780xxxx GERMANY Ilmenau Thur [Fixed] 29 60 0.69
The call is charged with 69ct/min - which would be correct if called to a mobile.

2nd thing (small issue only): The time between dialing the DID and the first ringing sound is quite long. People who are not used to it would propably give up before the call gets trough.
Maybe there is a way to improve the time to ring a bit.

3rd: The german language of the manual is very bad. I guess you used a online translator software. If you like i can send you a corrected text as a thank you for getting the free SIM-card.

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9