PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-10-2007, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by yackietech View Post
While it's true that if you use your own callback, you pay the SMS, the example I gave was how the operator makes 20c, which is far below what the operator needs to cover costs.
Actually, I think forum members will be able to notice quite easily that none of your own four posts so far discussed this, and in fact these remarks were made by another new username

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmmaster View Post
I'm not sure if people here realise that if you get any rate for free prepaid international mobile incoming below around $0.50 that there is some operator in the chain losing money, this is the reason why there is bad access to prepaid number ranges from many voip operators and also why the numbers get blocked.

International prepaid callback roaming isn't really a free lunch, most of the operators providing these services are struggling due to the sheer cost of maintaining the mobile network, then people like us come along and say hey, it's expensive to call the numbers, but still want free incoming when the operators are making hardly any money.

Let me elaborate, the SMS charges are very high in a roaming scenario, let's suppose $0.30 per message, you make a call and it's busy, so you call back in 5 minutes, operator has fees of $0.60 to cover along with the callback charge from the first call, say $0.20. .. so operator has fees of $0.80 to cover when you pick up, you talk for 2 minutes and pay $1.00, operator makes 20c.

Then people think, hey, I paid $1 for a 2 minute call, how expensive, let's use callback, and so the operator doesn't even get his 20c.

More power to Yackie for providing a professional and value packed service with local DID ranges in scores of countries with good quality voice and good support
As well as that, perhaps you could also edit some of the inaccurate exchange rates used in another post, in which both $0.56 and $0.49 are said to be equal to $0.34

Quote:
3) The Germany example is $0.56 for mobile, (sounds like a lot in USD) but that is only €0.34, which is much lower than the new EU maximum rates.

Calling UK from austraila is $ 0.49 to fixed and mobile
4) €0.34 to the UK from australia roaming is a bargain in my opinion.
Your own website shows that calls to UK landlines and mobiles differ in price

Last edited by andy; 26-10-2007 at 11:36..

Old
  (#32)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-10-2007, 11:53

Quote:
It's quite simple really, every time you make a call and use your own callback solution to do so, you are depriving your operator of needed revenue, it's of course up to you whether you do so, but at the same time it isn't fair to use the $0.29 as a base price for calculating what other calls should cost.

Please don't compare GSM roaming to VOIP, it really is simply not the same thing.
As I said before I understand your point of view for making money. The question is how much money. Regular telecom operator make load of money on roaming.

To he honest I find it a bit sad if you say when using your card but own system we are depriving you. It sounds like we are a poor company and need every revenue to survive As you are not a company that is showing how much money it makes or looses like stockexchange registered companies I can't check if what you say is true or not.

Again I repeat myself. In your business model you know that there will always be customers that will use your card to use their own callback system.
Most of your customers are happy with your solution and I was not negative about it. Your incoming rate is good and you outgoing rates (for most countires) are fair for most users.

There are although users like myself and other people here on the forum that know how it can be cheaper than what you are offering. That said these solutions require your to get an extra callbackaccount or setup your do int yourself system. For most of your users this is too complicated, they just want to make an easy call.

Knowing that it can be cheaper we will always try to use cheaper alternatives. This is something you have to accept !

Therefore it is a bit sad to say that the probably few of your customers that use their own system will make you loose so much money that you will go out off business. If that would be the case you have to go back and redo your business model.

In the end this discussion is useless as here on the forum we know how we can do it cheaper and you really need customers that are paying your rates.

So what we can discuss is the small things, like for example please state the 60 seconds billing clearly on your site. State that the 105 customer support number will cost you money to call. In you FAQ list add some more info about voip like the sip address of the server and these things.
I think many users here have given you positive remarks on how to improve your website to give the customer information. Do something with this information.

Old
  (#33)
gsmmaster (Offline)

Default 26-10-2007, 12:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Actually, I think forum members will be able to notice quite easily that none of your own four posts so far discussed this, and in fact these remarks were made by another new username
Hi, just to clarify, YackieTech is as advertised, Yackie technical support and is maintained by any one of Yackie's technical staff, gsmmaster is a personal username.

Old
  (#34)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-10-2007, 12:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmmaster View Post
Hi, just to clarify, YackieTech is as advertised, Yackie technical support and is maintained by any one of Yackie's technical staff, gsmmaster is a personal username.
You don't object to yackietech techically claiming authorship and responsibility for your own personal remarks then?

Old
  (#35)
Mnemo (Offline)

Default 26-10-2007, 12:23

Hi,

I'm looking for a comparison site for callback service. Do you have any good advice for me?

thanks
Mnemo

Old
  (#36)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-10-2007, 12:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
... perhaps you could also edit some of the inaccurate exchange rates used in another post, in which both $0.56 and $0.49 are said to be equal to $0.34
Your own website shows that calls to UK landlines and mobiles differ in price
Rate corrected in post, thank you for the tip

Old
  (#37)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-10-2007, 13:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
As I said before I understand your point of view for making money. The question is how much money. Regular telecom operator make load of money on roaming.

To he honest I find it a bit sad if you say when using your card but own system we are depriving you. It sounds like we are a poor company and need every revenue to survive As you are not a company that is showing how much money it makes or looses like stockexchange registered companies I can't check if what you say is true or not.

Again I repeat myself. In your business model you know that there will always be customers that will use your card to use their own callback system.
Most of your customers are happy with your solution and I was not negative about it. Your incoming rate is good and you outgoing rates (for most countires) are fair for most users.

There are although users like myself and other people here on the forum that know how it can be cheaper than what you are offering. That said these solutions require your to get an extra callbackaccount or setup your do int yourself system. For most of your users this is too complicated, they just want to make an easy call.

Knowing that it can be cheaper we will always try to use cheaper alternatives. This is something you have to accept !

Therefore it is a bit sad to say that the probably few of your customers that use their own system will make you loose so much money that you will go out off business. If that would be the case you have to go back and redo your business model.

In the end this discussion is useless as here on the forum we know how we can do it cheaper and you really need customers that are paying your rates.

So what we can discuss is the small things, like for example please state the 60 seconds billing clearly on your site. State that the 105 customer support number will cost you money to call. In you FAQ list add some more info about voip like the sip address of the server and these things.
I think many users here have given you positive remarks on how to improve your website to give the customer information. Do something with this information.
Hi bbob,

Your point of view is also valid and understandable, the original point was that it's not necessarily fair to use the incoming rate to make calculations as to what an outbound call should cost.

You are of course able to use your own callback service if you so wish, the only point being that if everyone were to do so, it would not be sustainable for the operator.

To be honest, the first time I heard about free incoming on international roaming, I immediately thought, great .. I can do my own callback, so I fully understand your reasoning and you clearly understand mine as well, but I'm also not sure that everyone is aware of the operator's perspective so I hope that this discussion will be beneficial in that regard.

Again, thank you for your tips and thorough review.

Old
  (#38)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-10-2007, 13:31

Hi,

Quote:
Same total $4.719 but the call history are different... I can see from the call logs that http://www.yackiemobile.com call history not display any call to 1514XXXXXXX which has the same area code 514 as my DID forward to the SIM...
Yackie's product is a callback solution. The extra number you see in the second CDR view contains the original A leg callback to your mobile location while the first one combines the two, this will be fixed soon because it can cause confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n875 View Post
I try to call 105 and see there is a charge associated to the Yackie Mobile help hotline number +44 8458693542 (UK)... Look like call 105 will dial that UK +44 8458693542
I will find out what the exact rate should be for calling support, I don't believe that it will be free.

Quote:
1) If we don't want the SIM GSM voice mail, can you disable it for us? we need to call/email support and ask to disable it?
It is not currently possible to disable voicemail, but this is being worked on.

YackieTech

Old
  (#39)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-10-2007, 13:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by n875 View Post
I

The reason I ask these questions because I have something like forwarding/following me to several phone numbers... Currently with the SIM voice mail on, if the phone is off or no network found... It only rings twice and go to voice mail... If it rings longer then I will have enough time to pickup my other phone I configured to ring many phone numbers at the same time...
Hi

You can also log in your yackiemobile admin and select to do not receive the call on the GSM, but only to the SIP and from then to forward it to any number you want.....( need some credit in the voip account off course )

We make your Money Mobile

Sent from my Iphone with my Paytoo Mobile Sim Wallet

Last edited by YackieMobile; 26-10-2007 at 13:53..

Old
  (#40)
YackieMobile (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-10-2007, 13:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1998 View Post
Hi YackieTech,

First of all, Thank you for the outstanding service on getting the Free SIM out. I've tried test calls and it works great. Certainly an outstanding product.

You mention the US product. I have the same question as above. Will I have to buy another SIM card as well as the international card or will the interface be seamless?

Thanks.
NO the US sim card will be send free to all north , South american customers and canadian customers, and will be also give free for the NO US citizen who plan to come in US

This product will be also availlable seoparatly and bludeled until we perform to have only one sim with all of our IMSI on it

We make your Money Mobile

Sent from my Iphone with my Paytoo Mobile Sim Wallet